PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill Trivia!

x-esiv-4c
09-06-2005, 22:59
Ok guys,
Heres the rules, ask a question about Silent hill, be it the games, setting, story-lines,whatever. I'll kick it off.

What was the first ghastly thing the protagonist of Silent Hill 1 saw upon entering Silent hill?

Nazerth
10-06-2005, 01:20
Would it be that bloody lump of flesh and bones that we can only assume is a mutilated dog?

x-esiv-4c
10-06-2005, 02:00
I believe it is so!

your go!

Nazerth
10-06-2005, 02:10
Yay! Alrighty then... this is probably and easy one.

In Silent Hill 2, what was the number of the hotel room that James and Mary shared on their visit to Silent Hill?

Catterjee
10-06-2005, 09:30
I do believe it was room 312.

Here's a slightly tougher one: Where does Walter Sulivan first appear?

x-esiv-4c
10-06-2005, 11:43
Isn't it in a news paper article in SH2 about a fellow committing suicide by stabbing his neck with a spoon?

x-esiv-4c
10-06-2005, 18:05
Am I right?
I think that's the answer...

In the event that I was right here is the next question:

Who was the "Red-Demon".

Nazerth
10-06-2005, 18:12
Though it was never said for certain (at least, I don't think so), isn't the general consensus that the "Red-Demon" is Pyramid Head?

x-esiv-4c
10-06-2005, 18:17
Ah, it has been quoted by the developers that the Red-Demon is NOT Pyramid head. Fluff books were released in Japan and have been translated, they feature red-demon and address the rumor that he is Pyramid-Head

Catterjee
11-06-2005, 06:21
Yes, you're right about the newspaper article x-esiv-4c.

I'll have to give the Red Demon one a little thought. Nothing's coming off the top of my head.

x-esiv-4c
11-06-2005, 14:47
hehe, it's a little tough. I'll give you a clue:

Something to do with the cult.

Nazerth
11-06-2005, 16:35
It's not the drug, white claudia, is it?

x-esiv-4c
11-06-2005, 17:57
Nope. It's a person...of sorts.

Lord Lucifer
12-06-2005, 12:52
Red Demon...
There was the thing about the two Angels in SH2, red and yellow I think, and then the Cult of Samael itself is split into two different factions... there are certain power brokers that hold the two cults generally together

The Red Demon, the name escapes me but it sounds distinctively central-american (incan, mayan, whatever) or possibly Indian, but I'm unfamiliar with their language

Pyramid Head is the other Angel, goes by the name of Valtiel, in the case of SH2 dons the executioners mantle to pursue James (or at least that's how he manifests to the mind of Mr. Sunderland)

Elaborate please, dear Mr. X-esiv :)

Nazerth
13-06-2005, 18:17
The name is Xuchibara, isn't it? If that's correct, then the next question should go to Lord Lucifer, since I had forgetten all about him until his post...

x-esiv-4c
13-06-2005, 19:02
To elaborate on who "Red-demon" is:
Oh crap...

I just realized that I was using the wrong name.

The right name is "Red-Devil" My apologies. I will give you guys until tonite ( eastern ) around 10:00PM to answer. I've give you a further clue.

"Victim"

Nazerth
13-06-2005, 20:16
Heh, well if it's the Red-Devil that you wanted, then that's Victim Number 1, Jimmy Stone, priest of Valtiel.

x-esiv-4c
13-06-2005, 20:49
And you are teh correct! Sorry for the mix up :(

Nazerth
13-06-2005, 21:11
Tis alright.

In Silent Hill 2, where does the Mark of Samael appear?

x-esiv-4c
13-06-2005, 22:03
Is it on the "save-game" screen?

Nazerth
13-06-2005, 23:07
Nope, the Mark appears only once (well technically twice, but both in the same place) in Silent Hill 2.

If you want to be techical, it's really the Seal of Matarton, but when Silent Hill 2 was made, we knew only what we did from Silent Hill and most people still think of it as the Mark of Samael...

x-esiv-4c
14-06-2005, 04:29
AHHHHHHHHH ok. Let me have a think, this is a good question indeed...Any hints at all?

Nazerth
14-06-2005, 04:56
Uhh, lets see if I can give a clue without making it too obvious... I'll try and make it cryptic or something... heh.

There are two marks in the room, corrisponding to what is there...

Catterjee
14-06-2005, 07:40
*thinks* Is it on the floor of the room where you confront the two Pyrimid Heads?

Nazerth
14-06-2005, 10:04
Thankee-sai, Catterjee, you have answered true :D.

You're up.

Lord Lucifer
14-06-2005, 11:12
Oh yay, we can post in this thread again :D
Slight mix-up when they opened the Computer Games forum, they made it Read Only :p

x-esiv-4c
14-06-2005, 13:11
Catterjee is up! Give us a hard one.

Catterjee
14-06-2005, 17:11
Ok, this one is a bit odd. I've heard a theory of a second connection between Silent Hill's 2 & 4 (the first being the aforementioned Walter in the newspaper thing). To my knowledge it's never been proved or disproved. What is it?

Nazerth
14-06-2005, 17:34
Isn't that the "holes" theory sparked by the cryptic message written on the newspapers in one shop's window that says "There was a HOLE here. It's gone now."? Basically, that some other patron of Silent Hill who was there before James experienced the hole phenomenon that Henry experienced?

x-esiv-4c
14-06-2005, 17:47
Wasn't that message on a sign or something next to some building scaffolding at a dead-end of a street?

Catterjee
14-06-2005, 18:45
Thats right Nazerth. Your go.

x-esiv-4c, as I recall (its been a while since I played the game) it was in a bar, written on some newspaper covering a window. And it was written in something that might have been blood.

x-esiv-4c
14-06-2005, 18:47
AHHHHHHHHHHh thats right Catterjee! Good question btw.

Nazerth
14-06-2005, 19:22
Ok, three part question...

Four and twenty dead birds, they bleed upon the nest
There was no time for reasons, they had no sign of a threat

I am looking for the song these lyrics are from, the game it appeared in and the singer.

Catterjee
15-06-2005, 09:17
Thats easy.
The song is called Hometown
Its from Silent Hill 3
Its sung by Joe Romersa

I'll make mine easy too. So far I've asked about 2 connections between Silent Hill's 2 & 4. I am aware of one more. What is it?

Lord Lucifer
15-06-2005, 11:32
Going with a long shot here, is it Joseph and his article on the Silent Hill orphanage? Or was that a tie to SH3?

Besides that, there's the Walter and victim connection, which is obvious

Then there's the apartment's super, Mr. Sunderland, and Henry's comment that the guys son (and daughter-in-law) went missing there a few years back

What else am I missing?

Catterjee
15-06-2005, 19:52
Going with a long shot here, is it Joseph and his article on the Silent Hill orphanage? Or was that a tie to SH3?

Yeah, thats SH3.

Then there's the apartment's super, Mr. Sunderland, and Henry's comment that the guys son (and daughter-in-law) went missing there a few years back

Ding! Thats the one. James, the protagonist of SH2, is the super's son. Your turn.

x-esiv-4c
15-06-2005, 19:58
Damn! I forgot about that! Wow, feel really stupid now!

Lord Lucifer
16-06-2005, 02:08
Here's a fun one

Considering there is no 'Real ending' in any of the games, if you take into account on of the most obvious sources of inspiration for Silent Hill 1 (and its most directly related sequel), what would be considered likely to be the 'real' ending, and why?

Confusing question I know :D

x-esiv-4c
16-06-2005, 03:13
The real ending to silent hill 1? I'm going to assume that it is the ending which leads to the child being born / found ( I suppose its the good ending ). This links into Heather of SH 3 who is the other half of the demon. I think.

To elaborate:
heather is a combination of Alessa and Cheryl and for this to happen they must have survived.....oh man this is a shakey theory.

Lord Lucifer
16-06-2005, 03:57
Not the answer I'm looking for ;)

Consider all four (five :p) endings are equally valid, if you judge it on source material (the source material is linked strongly to two games in the series), what would be the 'real' ending and why.

Bastardly question, I know

x-esiv-4c
16-06-2005, 04:13
AHHHHHHHHH I see this is a good question indeed. I'm going to have to have a serious tihnk about this one.

Lord Lucifer
16-06-2005, 04:38
You didn't think I'd make it easy, did you? :p

Lord Lucifer
20-06-2005, 03:22
Anyone? :eyebrows:

x-esiv-4c
20-06-2005, 03:27
Ehhh...Sorry can't figure it out, asked about a mate about it and he doesn't know.
Looks like Lucifer won this one!

ShadowseerNox
20-06-2005, 05:13
Hi all, I am the mate x-esiv-4c was talking about. I am not sure if I am about to answer this or not, but I am going to give this question a shot. Thus I am goingot sit everyone down in the accusing parlor and get started.

Ok, there are five endings in SH1. Lets rule out the alien ending. Also, Harry appears to have died in one of the endings so he can't be killed later. (This is the "Bad" ending). Next is an ending with Cybil consoleing Harry, and from the looks of it, there is no child any where so Heather never exists. (This was Bad+). This is where things get sticky. Good and Good+ both have Harry escape with a child, however only one has Cybil escape as well. Since only one ending is the correct answer, we have a bit of an impass.

Both of these ending allow for Cheril/Allissa to grow up and be in SH3. x-esiv-4c hit the most of high points reguarding Cheril/Allissa haveing to survive SH1 as a child, as well as Harry not getting killed, so he can get killed later (Poor Harry).

After typeing this I just realized I don't have a clue. I think Cybil is the key to know which had to be the "real" ending, but I am not compleatly sure. Oh well, maybe the next one.

x-esiv-4c
20-06-2005, 13:54
Ahh welcome to the throng ShadowseerNox....how did you get that custom rank? "150" Nice. Well, if Lucifer says it's right then Nox, it's up to you for the next question.

Lord Lucifer
20-06-2005, 13:54
Okay, time to shoot this dog in the head and get on with it.

My question was not a reference to SH3, but rather a reference to the reference material that inspired SH3, and also, quite directly, SH1

The movie Jacob's Ladder.

Many scenes in SH3 are taken directly from locations/events of Jacob's Ladder

SH3 is the game that most directly relates to SH1, and the premis of SH1 is so similar to Jacob's Ladder as to leave no doubt of a direct influence.

I urge you all to watch Jacob's Ladder to gain a fresh understanding on Silent Hill

In Jacob's Ladder, a soldier in Vietnam suffers traumatic injuries and drifts in and out of consciousness, spending more time unconscious than conscious.
During his time unconscious he suffers from nightmares and delusions.
However, the way the movie is presented, and his mind works, it makes the conscious parts look like 'flashbacks' to 'Nam
He sees demons in his 'waking hours', believes his dead son is still alive, and all other manner of bizarre happening. Sees two lives, one where he still lives with his family where his son is alive, and one where his wife left him, his son died, his other two children don't see him often, and he loses his good job to end up delivering mail, and living with his girlfriend who also works in the mail job. This is the one most presented as reality, and most plagued by demons.
He is committed, and scenes VERY reminiscent of Silent Hill occur

The movie closes with the main character, Jacob, dying of his injuries sustained in Nam, in a field hospital, while the song he halucinated he sang to his son is playing on the radio

Jacob, whilst dying, hallucinates the future of what his life would be, his future girlfriend, the future results of his marriage, the effect Nam will have on his life, and the US government screwing him over when he and the surviving members of his unit try to hold them accountable... things he would NEVER know occured, because they were very clearly future deals that he'd have no awareness of, because he dies in shytehole Vietnam

Harry, whilst dying, hallucinates the events that would occur immediately after the car crash, meeting someone he only glimpsed before seeing the wreckage of her motorcycle further up the road, discovery a shady past of his adopted daughter, and then dream his life with the offspring of a divine child, and his eventual death... things he shouldn't really know about, because he dies in shytehole Silent Hill

Jacob's Ladder, heavy influence for the majority of SH3, heavy influence for the ending of SH1 (most directly associated with SH3) and the basic premise of an unstable sense of reality populated by demons

That's the answer I was looking for
Question being, ignoring the obvious, if you take into consideration the inspiration for SH1 and its most associated sequel, what could be considered the 'real' ending of SH1

Okay then, new question... explain the Halo of the Sun

x-esiv-4c
20-06-2005, 13:57
Halo of the sun:

It represents the deity known as "The Halo of the Sun". In heraldry, symbolizes a religious group.

2. The two outer circles are charity and resurrection; the three inner circles are present, past, and future.

3. Usually drawn in red. Occasionally drawn in black or other colors, but blue reverses the meaning into a curse on God and is therefore forbidden.

Lord Lucifer
20-06-2005, 14:58
Bonus points for explaining how it relates directly to the story and the manifestation of the divine being ;)

ShadowseerNox
21-06-2005, 02:53
Well first, it is the save point of SH 3.

For the bonus point, the resurection part seems to suggest the return of Cheril after she is born by Alissa in SH at the end. Since Cheril was started 7 years old, then became a new born at the end of the game, I assume something bad happened to the original Cheril.

Lord Lucifer
21-06-2005, 03:40
Interesting little tidbit, at 7 Alessa was burned alive, which summoned Cheryl into existence.
When Cheryl was seven, she returned to Silent Hill and Alessa awoke from her coma.
7 years of life, 7 years of death, 7 years of life.
777, number of divinity, and the act that brings forth God into the world
Three circles representing past, present, and future... also represent Alessa/Cheryl/Heather as the mother and daughter of god

It's all quite interesting stuff, well thought out :)

X-esiv has the next question
*twiddles thumbs*

x-esiv-4c
21-06-2005, 03:51
Ok, this one is easy:

What was the name of the creature ( and what districts was it found it ) that was manifested from Alessa's favorite book: "The lost world"

p.s. Nox and I were discussing this one: Where is silent hill?

ShadowseerNox
21-06-2005, 04:24
Ah, knew this one. The Pterodactle<sic> looing thing that attacks the Cafe in SH1. Found in the residential area (near school) and commercial district (area with hospitle). It is called Air Screamer.

As far as your question, I rember we were looking very closely at the licence plate in SH 3 when it came out and it looked like a californian plate, but others claim (I think in SH2) the plates look like they are from the state of Michigan.

x-esiv-4c
21-06-2005, 04:28
Congrats Nox, you're turn!

ShadowseerNox
21-06-2005, 05:04
Ok, here is the question: In SH2, how long ago did Mary die?

Skink Master
21-06-2005, 07:42
Well, until the end of the game, it was 3 years. However, as it turns out, it is instead 3 weeks after Mary's death at James' hands.

(An educated guess, kick me if I'm wrong)

Lord Lucifer
22-06-2005, 02:52
That's probably close enough (although I'd say a few days at most)

You want to maybe ask a question now, Skink? ;)

ShadowseerNox
22-06-2005, 03:04
Skink was either right or very close. The exact time of death is a little vague, I tend toward less then a week, but as long as you recognize that james is probly delusionsal, it is easy to to see the right answer. Now the shoe is one Skink's other for or something.

P.S. I have heard theroies about Mery being inside of James' car, but those who state them rarely post evidence along with them. I am wondering if anyone else has heard this one. Not realy a question, just a piece of lore I am curious about.

Nazerth
22-06-2005, 03:07
I also have heard that Mary is in the trunk of Jame's car. There has never been any real evidence cited for this, that I know of, though. Mostly when you see this, it also says the 'real' ending to SH2 is when James drives his car into the lake, taking him and Mary to the bottom in his car...

x-esiv-4c
22-06-2005, 03:53
Where did you guys get this idea about mary being in James' car, very interesting!

ShadowseerNox
22-06-2005, 04:52
I heard the therory recently and if Mary died as recently as I suspect (within the last few weeks) and James is as unbalaenced as I think he is, hidding the body in his trunk is not that much of a streach of the imagination. However I don't remember any remote evidence of Mary in the trunk (though it is a theroy I would like to belive).

As far as "true" endings, SH really doesn't have any (SH1 leads directly to SH3 so certain events, unless they never happened must have taken place, unless they didn't in which case they don't). Since "In the water" is just as likely a true ending as "Resurection" or the one where He leaves with Laura to adopte her or something equily good and benign. (I kinda think Good+ ending in SH1 the "True" ending only because I earned it, and in SH2 I can only seem to get "In the water" so that is the one I stick to kinda)

Lord Lucifer
22-06-2005, 10:50
James' murder of his wife could've gone unnoticed by the authorities, but taking her body and laying it in the trunk of his car is likely to arouse suspiscion immediately after her death

As for the time of death, maybe the time at which he recieved the letter is the clue for a closer estimate ;)

Skink Master
22-06-2005, 11:40
Well, I attribute all my knowledge of Silent Hill to Lord Lucifer, who through gentle explanation (and more than a little blunt-force trauma) explained many things to me.

So, as a result, he should be able to answer any question I ask. :p

Question: In Silent Hill 1, the background noises and music contain many mechanical and industrial noises. Explain the theory behind this.

Lord Lucifer
22-06-2005, 11:43
Ahhhhh, as I was the one that practically explained this to you in the first place, I'll let the others answer :p

x-esiv-4c
22-06-2005, 13:23
Aren't the sounds manifestation of the basement works and boiler-room which was near where Alessa was being kept? The siren that always players whenever you descend into ASH being a manifestation of the ambulance siren.

am i close?

Skink Master
22-06-2005, 14:37
Close? You damn well nailed the thing on the head! Congrats man! You won the right to ask the next question!

x-esiv-4c
22-06-2005, 14:41
Oh sweet! Ok, I'll think one up in a bit ( have some work to do ) I'll make it a toughy.

x-esiv-4c
22-06-2005, 18:36
OK.

What was the name of the observation system invented by an 18th century Philospher that the Cylindrical prison was built after in SH4.

x-esiv-4c
23-06-2005, 18:59
Any takers?

Lord Lucifer
25-06-2005, 14:57
Not galileo, severely doubt it's him

That being a telescope

x-esiv-4c
25-06-2005, 15:14
You guys give up?

x-esiv-4c
26-06-2005, 03:39
The answer is:

"The Panopticon"

Lord Lucifer
26-06-2005, 11:21
And the new question?

x-esiv-4c
26-06-2005, 14:44
I'll give the new question to whom ever wants asks it first :)

Lord Lucifer
26-06-2005, 16:31
Okay, an easy one then:
What do all the characters of Silent Hill 1 have in common?

x-esiv-4c
27-06-2005, 13:00
They all have something to do / in common with Alessa / Cheryl ?

( bit open ended )

Lord Lucifer
27-06-2005, 14:11
They're in a game about Alessa/Cheryl, of COURSE they have something to do with her.
The question's not going to be that easy man, come on!

Try again :)

(i.e. that was the wrong answer)

x-esiv-4c
27-06-2005, 14:48
yeah, I thought that was a little too broad. It's a lazy day at work today so i'll have a chance to think. :)

Lord Lucifer
27-06-2005, 16:00
The question seems too easy to my mind as it is...maybe it isn't :p

x-esiv-4c
27-06-2005, 19:08
The answer is right there! For some reason i'm having a total mental block!!!! GRRRRR

Lord Lucifer
29-06-2005, 12:35
Surely SOMEONE must be able to take a stab at it?

x-esiv-4c
29-06-2005, 15:13
I'm too retarded, where's catterjee or Shadowseernox?

Lord Lucifer
30-06-2005, 11:10
C'mon X, where's your head at :D

x-esiv-4c
30-06-2005, 14:46
I threw in TeH towel! I know that when you give the answer i'm going to feel like a total retard.....

Lord Lucifer
01-07-2005, 01:18
Alright then:

With the possible exception of Dahlia, not one of them was conscious when the strange shyte started happening

Harry - Unconscious in his crashed 'car' (looks more like an SUV but anyway)
Cheryl - Likewise
Cybil - Motorcycle accident
Dr. Kaufman - Took a nap in the directors lounge (or whatever that room was)
Lisa Garland - Dying in the hospital thanks to Dr. Kaufman
Alessa - Coma
Dahlia - Probably a ritual trance or other altered state of mind

x-esiv-4c
01-07-2005, 01:21
..................SON OF A B*TCH!!!!!
That was one of the main premises of the first game! Holy crap I feel retarded!!!

Thoth
01-07-2005, 16:26
Well bloody hell. That was the first answer that popped into my head, but then I went through all the characters, and realized that it MUST have been wrong because:

Alright then:

Cheryl - Likewise

This is totally unconfirmed, since Harry wakes up to see her running off into the mist. She was sleeping just before the crash, but that's pretty a pretty shaky thing to base any assumptions off of regarding how conscious she was when she actually entered Silent Hill.

Lisa Garland - Dying in the hospital thanks to Dr. Kaufman

I'm not so sure about this one. I dont specifically recall her saying that she was sleeping at any time.

Dahlia - Probably a ritual trance or other altered state of mind

Again, that's pure speculation. Dahlia was the first reason why I discarded the 'unconsciousness' answer in short order.

Lord Lucifer
02-07-2005, 01:46
I'm not so sure about this one. I dont specifically recall her saying that she was sleeping at any time.
I never said sleeping. I said 'not conscious'

Again, that's pure speculation. Dahlia was the first reason why I discarded the 'unconsciousness' answer in short order.

With the possible exception of Dahlia

This is totally unconfirmed, since Harry wakes up to see her running off into the mist. She was sleeping just before the crash, but that's pretty a pretty shaky thing to base any assumptions off of regarding how conscious she was when she actually entered Silent Hill.
They crash at night in clear conditions.
Harry wakes up to find it's daytime, and snowing.
This implies some time has passed between the crash and the player taking control of Harry
It's unlikely Cheryl was awake during that time, otherwise she'd probably have tried to wake her father up... put yourself in her position, you're a seven year old child caught in the middle of nowhere after a crash, you're shaken up and frightened, and your only parent is asleep. You'd try and wake them up, right? I know I would.

Thoth
02-07-2005, 09:49
I never said sleeping. I said 'not conscious'

Regardless, she never mentions being 'not conscious' either.

... It's unlikely Cheryl was awake during that time...

But you can't state that she was unconscious as a fact. For all we know, Alessa had already taken hold of Cheryl and was puppeting her around from the moment the car went off the road.

All I'm saying is that while it was a nice idea, the question is still inherently flawed because the way you posed it eliminated the answer that you had in mind. If you had said 'what is one thing that *most* of the main characters in Silent Hill have in common? you'd be on the right track. But you cannot say with any certainty that they *all* share this common state.

Lord Lucifer
02-07-2005, 11:45
Try dying and being awake at the same time.
To my knowledge, no dead people have yet managed to remain conscious while dead ;)

As for Cheryl, it's not even explicitly stated she's real in the first place (that's a fun twist to ponder, what if she's a figment of Harry's imagination created as an emotional dependance to help him cope with the death of his wife? Certainly sets the precedent for SH2 in that case)
However, it would be applying common sense that, like Harry, she spent a lot of time out to the count. Arguing over precise details of events outside of the cutscenes in such an ambiguous game in the first place seems pointless, but even ignoring that, just some common sense would say she didn't just wait around in the car for 8 hours twiddling her thumbs

Look, I appreciate that the question itself was a touch vague and open-ended, a trifle ambiguous, but I'd have thought that it would be accepted that it would be so considering it is on the most open-ended game in the series, and I didn't want it to be too easy.

And as X-esiv said,
That was one of the main premises of the first game!

X, you've got the next question unless you want to hand it over to our newcomer, Thoth

x-esiv-4c
02-07-2005, 18:19
I'll give it to Thoth. Give us a good one, one that will even stump Lucifer over here

x-esiv-4c
04-07-2005, 19:44
Ok, Thoth doesn't seem to be up to the task :)

Lucifer, Catterjee ask away.

Catterjee
04-07-2005, 21:59
Ok, I'll bite. Harry from SH1 and James from SH2 have something directly in common which does not require psychoanalysis or speculation. Its a stone-cold fact from a gameplay perspective (And I don't mean that they walk around and shoot guns in an effed up placed called Silent Hill.). What is it?

x-esiv-4c
04-07-2005, 22:13
The game starts just outside of the town of Silent hill for both of them? I know this is vague, not sure how tricky a question you have posed :)

Catterjee
04-07-2005, 23:38
Nope. Thats not it.

Lord Lucifer
05-07-2005, 02:49
Both men approaching middle age, both have dead wives, both seem to have formed emotional dependancies, both are about is introverted and personally isolated as you can get and still remain functional in society :p

Catterjee
05-07-2005, 06:19
Nope. None of that has anything to do with gameplay.

Thoth
05-07-2005, 07:29
Both of them can walk while aiming / firing a pistol?

Catterjee
05-07-2005, 07:52
Nope. Funny, I thought this was easier then it apparently is.

I'm not going to have a chance to check this thread again for around 12 hours. If nobody's got it by then, I guess I'll give it away and come up with something else.

x-esiv-4c
05-07-2005, 12:33
You can change the controls from being 360 revolutionary to directional?

Catterjee
05-07-2005, 20:34
Nope. I guess this was harder then I though.
Here's what I was looking for:
In each game, if you play a certain way, both Harry and James get kidnapped by space aliens.

Replacement question, and I'll make it easy: What is the name of the rabbit in SH3 & 4?

x-esiv-4c
05-07-2005, 20:44
I was thinking about that! But wasn't there an alien ending in SH3?

Catterjee
05-07-2005, 21:37
There was, but I asked about Harry and James. Heather wasn't involved in the question one way or the other.

Lord Lucifer
06-07-2005, 02:59
Robbie the Rabbit

Catterjee
06-07-2005, 03:45
That's right!

Lord Lucifer
06-07-2005, 11:16
Okay then, time for an easy question

What is Heather's legal age?

x-esiv-4c
06-07-2005, 12:34
Isn't her legal age 24? Or 17....one of them. Crap...

I'm going to say that her legal age is indeed 24.

Lord Lucifer
06-07-2005, 14:58
Sorry I didn't respond earlier, but it is indeed correct, 24!

Harry simply used Cheryl Mason's original birth certificate, who lived for 7 years before the 'birth' of Cheryl Mason, later renamed Heather to hide her identity after undesireables tracked her and her father down.
'Heather's age is 17, her age in legal records is seven years older than that, 24
And she's used those legal records before :D

The above for the benefit of those who may be reading and following nearly none of this ;)

Alright X, take it away!

x-esiv-4c
06-07-2005, 15:01
What year was the Toluca prison camp constructed for the POWs?

Catterjee
07-07-2005, 21:12
I want to say 1820, but I'm not positive that's right.

x-esiv-4c
07-07-2005, 21:23
A few years off :)

x-esiv-4c
09-07-2005, 14:29
No other answers?

x-esiv-4c
11-07-2005, 13:01
Ok.

New question:

In "Making of SH2" Sato Takayoshi makes an interesting remark about Maria's
hair color: "I think she is a brunette. She's not blond, she dyed red, but
then she dyed... she bleached". What is the significance with respect to the theme of the "Rebirth" ?

x-esiv-4c
14-07-2005, 14:25
No one at all ?

Lord Lucifer
19-07-2005, 04:26
Dyed = Died

Dyed then dyed again
Died then died again
Sort of cyclical, underlying theme of Silent Hill, and the reason Fans are often used as imagery (fans as in spinning blades to push air around, not gaming geeks such as ourselves)

In terms of the rebirth ending, an offering is made to The Crimson One to bring Mary back... I guess perhaps Maria could be considered the sacrifice, that in order for James to be allowed Mary back, the God deems that he must realise the full guilt his soul bears

Or something along that line of thinking. I could be a mile off

x-esiv-4c
19-07-2005, 04:31
Not bad theory but not the one that I have...

I'll give you another go, here's a clue:

"The colours"

Catterjee
03-08-2005, 08:02
So, did we ever get an answer to this?

x-esiv-4c
03-08-2005, 15:22
In "Making of SH2" Sato Takayoshi makes an interesting remark about Maria's
hair color: "I think she is a brunette. She's not blond, she dyed red, but
then she dyed... she bleached". Notice the three colors - black (brunette),
red ("she dyed red") and white ("she bleached"). Remind you of anything? What
color are the tablets she has to arrange in her scenario? Black, red and
white. And what are the ingredients of the ritual to "resurrect the dead"?
Blood (red), Obsidian goblet (black) and White Chrism (white). Another link to
the theme of Rebirth.