PDA

View Full Version : older Devastators

Glenn87
07-04-2013, 10:05
Hey guys, I'm making a (huge) Space Marine Collection.
I was wondering about the previous Devastator boxed set.
It contained a model with Lascannon, Heavy Bolter, Missile Launcher and Plasma Cannon.

I know the guns/backpacks were metal, and it contained a metal sergeant (at least I'm sure about his arm).

But were the bodies also metal, or were they plastic ones??
They were also separatly released in Blisters (the Multi-Melta one for sure). Were they metal??

Lantern
07-04-2013, 10:08
The bodies were plastic, the missile launcher was also plastic and everything else was metal.

Glenn87
07-04-2013, 13:25
Ow, and the sergeant? Was he plastic with a separate metal pointing arm, or was he a metal sculpt?

Vmartini
07-04-2013, 14:25
he was a metal sculpt, if you mean the one I'm thinking of withe pointing arm and auspex. The bodies were the tactical marine bodies, and the missile launcher was the same one.

Glenn87
07-04-2013, 15:08
No Vmartini, the one you're thinking of was the Command Squad sergeant.
This one looks like a plastic sergeant from the tact squad, but with a pointy finger. I know the pointing arm is metal (I have the SM Collectors guide), but I'm, afraid the sergeant is plastic aswell...

Not such a great buy then, knowing they look the same as the current plastics.

Vmartini
07-04-2013, 15:33
Ah I remember now, you are right. I used that one in my devestators though. I think it is a seperate metal arm on a plastic sergeant then.

wilsonian
08-04-2013, 10:19
Weren't the set pretty much a combat squad, the old command sprue (hence the plastic missile launcher and sgt parts and the metal heavy weapon sections?

snake-eyez
08-04-2013, 13:13
Weren't the set pretty much a combat squad, the old command sprue (hence the plastic missile launcher and sgt parts and the metal heavy weapon sections?

I think thats correct, if by command sprue you mean the old tactical sprue of just a flamer, missile launcher and bolt pistol plus chainsword.

I don't think there is anything to the kit to make you want to collect it as a collector (except maybe that pointy metal sgt arm if it wasn't replaced in plastic), I had two boxes of them, and the big metal parts were so frustrating to keep together with the plastic bodies. GW's new devastator kit is such a huge improvement. Not only did it all go to plastic, but they added the multi melta and the kit has 8 heavy weapons in it, so you can get one kit and use the extra heavy weapons with your other tactical marines.