PDA

View Full Version : Rot Fly Question.

Spider
07-04-2013, 13:46
Just a quicky.

I seem to remember hearing upon one of the numerous daemonic reviews on the various podcasts I listen to that Rot Flys have vanguard.

Having had a look in the main rulebook I cannot see why or how this might be true.

Is it so?

Will my Rot Flies be vanguarding away?

Cheers:)

Kalandros
07-04-2013, 14:11
No. Plague Drones do not have the Flying Cavalry special rule anywhere and the requirement to having Vanguard for flyers is to have the special rule "Flying Cavalry" listed in the unit's Special rules.
This isn't the case at all.

Spider
07-04-2013, 14:22
No. Plague Drones do not have the Flying Cavalry special rule anywhere and the requirement to having Vanguard for flyers is to have the special rule "Flying Cavalry" listed in the unit's Special rules.
This isn't the case at all.

Thats what I thought.

Naughty podcast:)

Cheers for responding.

Orion_76
07-04-2013, 16:23
Oh dear... I thought they were. I've been playing them like that anyway... but I just realised reading the BRB that they are Monstrous Cavalry that Fly (or hover... same thing for this matter), BUT they do not have the Flying Cavalry special Rule. Bugger.

Nubl0
07-04-2013, 20:43
Not really related, but seeing as they are a flying unit they are skirmishers right!

furrie
07-04-2013, 20:55
Not really related, but seeing as they are a flying unit they are skirmishers right!

Yep, they are treated like a flying unit. Except that they can't march

Orion_76
07-04-2013, 21:06

Yes, they are skirmishers as long as there's at least two models left in the unit (no -1 to hit modifier when shot at).

Kalandros
08-04-2013, 06:33
Its crazy how shooting at 2 giant rotting flies is harder than trying to shoot down a lonely one.

yeknoMehT
08-04-2013, 08:47
Does the whole unit not get the 'skirmish' special rule regardless of how many there are left?
It does seem daft for them not to get it when there's only one left. Clearly a flying character shouldn't be able to get the -1 to hit, but as this is a unit it seems very silly...

Edit: just read the 'fly' rule. Daft that it kicks in for units that start with several guys... Oh well, noted for future reference!

Kalandros
08-04-2013, 10:04
I'd play that if the unit starts as a Flying unit, it keeps skirmisher even when reduced to the last model. Otherwise that not only strips the Skirmisher rule but the Stubborn in woods rule.