PDA

View Full Version : Tau Support Systems

diggerydoom
08-04-2013, 12:45
Does anyone know which support systems are which? I can't find any pictures to match the kits to the rules for the new items.

The bearded one
08-04-2013, 13:10
The previous book had pictures of which was which, but the new one doesnt anymore so I am under the impressin they did not want to put such a strict modelling and WYSIWYG limit on it, as it could be pretty confusing.

In case you're wondering, this is a multitracker;

http://www.modelbits.co.uk/images/tau_crisis_suit_multi_tracker_large.jpg

MajorWesJanson
08-04-2013, 13:22
The previous book had pictures of which was which, but the new one doesnt anymore so I am under the impressin they did not want to put such a strict modelling and WYSIWYG limit on it, as it could be pretty confusing.

In case you're wondering, this is a multitracker;

http://www.modelbits.co.uk/images/tau_crisis_suit_multi_tracker_large.jpg

Which is now built into all suits, and thus pretty much useless as an individual part now. I love the new early warning system, so I may use it to represent that now.
Target Lock and shield stay the same. Drone controller could easily be just a large antenna.
As for new systems, they are multi-part, a base then a front plate. I plan to use the little dish as the skyfire tracker, and the sensor plate with lenses to represent the advanced targeter (precision shot one)

The bearded one
08-04-2013, 13:26
The riptide has bits allowing you to build a support system that almost looks like a claxon, seems a suitable early warning system ;)

* riptide wanders about *
* BWAAAAAAAAAAAWWWW *
* wth, what's that?! Reserves?! *

Konovalev
08-04-2013, 15:40
I seem to remember the first Codex: Tau only had the suit weapon systems labelled in tau'ish, the goofy blocky tau alphabet. With a Decoding page...

neko
09-04-2013, 03:35
The multitracker also doubled as a drone controller, so it still has a use. Unless they have official part for the new systems, I imagine it can take on a dual role for a new system instead now too.

jtrowell
09-04-2013, 09:33
It could also be used for the new velocity tracker (the skyfire system)

MajorWesJanson
09-04-2013, 12:45
For the velocity tracker, I think that is what the new piece on the broadside is, the large block with fin and single lens on the front.
Ex multi-tracker as the advanced targeting array maybe? I use the little mini-dish as the early warning system. Comes in both the broadside kit and the riptide, and I use it on both.