PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Night Goblin Army - my quest to create the prefect list...

Time of Madness
08-04-2013, 14:07
My quest to bring you the best possible 2000pt "pure" night goblin army to the table. I've limited myself to only taking night goblin units/characters. The one exception I have made is for trolls as I plan on using the metal stone troll models and believe they fit the theme rather nicely.

CHARACTERS

Night Goblin Warboss (General)
- Axe of Stunty Smashin
- Armour of Destiny
- Shield
= 158pts

Night Goblin Great Shaman
- Level 4
= 175pts

Night Goblin Shaman
- Level 2
- Dispel Scroll
= 110pts

Night Goblin Big Boss (BSB)
- Standard of Disipline
- Light Armour/Shield
= 74pts

Night Goblin Big Boss
- Great Weapon
= 34pts

Night Goblin Big Boss
- Great Weapon
= 34pts

Night Goblin Big Boss
- Great Weapon
= 34pts

Night Goblin Big Boss
- Great Weapon
= 34pts

CORE

55 Night Goblins
***Warboss with all big bosses Here***
- Full Command
- Nets
- 3 Fanatics
= 315pts

30 Night Goblins
- Musician
- Short Bows
- 2 Fanatics
= 150pts

30 Night Goblins
- Musician
- Short Bows
- 2 Fanatics
= 150pts

SPECIAL

Squig Herd
- 30 Squigs
- 10 Herders
= 270pts

10 Squig Hoppers
= 120pts

6 Trolls
= 210pts

RARE

Mangler Squig
= 65pts

Mangler Squig
= 65pts

TOTAL POINTS = 1998pts

Da plan is to place all the big bosses and the warboss in the large unit of night goblins with the nets. The unit will be deployed 5 wide with the bsb hanging around in the second rank to take advantage of the +1 LD. The trolls will generally be beside the large unit of night goblins for the LD tests.

The hoppers are in because I like the models and they fit the theme. I wish they could ambush or scout as that would make them way more effective in my opinion.

I believe I have made the best list possible with the exception of taking the hoppers. If I really wanted to optimize the list I think I'd drop the hoppers in favour of a night goblin big boss on cave squig. As I believe he does a better job at hunting warmachines etc then the hoppers do.

Time of Madness

selecta
08-04-2013, 14:20
Nice list are you going to put a battle report of this army and how it preforms in battle it would be interesting to see.

Time of Madness
09-04-2013, 23:34
Thanks for the comments. Just in the process of putting the army together, plan on getting a game in this weekend with them.

I've looked at dropping the 10 squigs for the following

Night Goblin Big Boss
- Giant Cave Squig
- Light Armour/Shield/Spear
- Dragonhelm
*Either Dawnstone for 3+ re-rollable save or mask of eeee for some terror fun

This guy comes in at the same price as the unit of hoppers and fills the warmachine hunter/small unit hunter job role better.

Time of Madness