PDA

View Full Version : Crisis Suit Support Systems and WYSIWYG

Kloud13
09-04-2013, 19:36
Well, the new Tau codex has changed a bit in regards to the support systems.

Targeting Array is gone, Multi-tracker is now built into suit, and new systems have been introduced.

Unfortunetly the book has no indication whatsoever as to which bitz is supposed to represent which system.

So, for the sake of consistency between gamers, maybe we should kind of make a sort of .....something to clarify which bit is which system.

I propose so far that the old "Targeting Array" be the new "Advanced Targetting System"

But after that I don't know.

diggerydoom
09-04-2013, 19:42
There is some debate here:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?369335-Tau-Support-Systems

but it is inconclusive! I have used the little disc looling one as an interceptor upgrade though.

mostlyharmless
09-04-2013, 19:48
Where I play, people don't generally care about what system is modeled on what suit, because they could all be something. I mean, that disc looking thing doesn't have to be a shield generator, it could just as easily be a drone controller or any number of systems. IMHO, it doesn't really matter. Just model what looks cool.

MajorWesJanson
09-04-2013, 19:48
Target lock and shield generator are still the same. Old mulitracker as advanced targeting array works. Skyfire is the big block with antenna and single lens in the broadside kit. mini-radar dish as early warning. curved thing with antenna in the commander kit would do well for one of the two ECM wargear pieces.

Ssilmath
09-04-2013, 19:53
Or just forgo WYSIWYG (Which I haven't found in the new rulebook), tell your opponent which squad has which and call it a day. So long as you have some way for them to differentiate things, I think you'll be alright.

Malagor
10-04-2013, 07:32
Yeah WYSIWYG isn't mentioned in the new rulebook unlike in 5e so it's a rule that doesn't exist anymore from GW's point of view nor will it be encouraged.
Speaking as a someone who has faced Tau alot, I have no idea what your weapons or gear look like to begin with.
As long as the model is different enough that it stands out and the opponent let's me know before hand that the model has this and that weapon and gear then it's fine.

Reasonable Commissar
10-04-2013, 13:50
WYSIWYG is only really used in tournaments I find, most friendly games it doesnt matter too much as long as its clear what you have.