PDA

View Full Version : Malorian Takes On Brawler Bash 2013

Malorian
09-04-2013, 20:08
My plane leaves in only a couple of days, and will take me from Alberta all the way to North Carolina.

It's a 5 game 3000 point tournament based on straight victory points and I'm bringing this:

Lvl 4 orc great shaman w/ fencers blades, dispel scroll

Night goblin big boss BSB
5 night goblin big bosses w/ great weapons

40 big un savage orcs w/ extra choppa, banner
50 night goblins w/ nets, banner
20 night goblins w/ bows, banner
5 wolf riders w/ shields

18 trolls
40 black orcs w/ banner, flaming banner
3 chukkas
Boar chariot
Boar chariot

Stone lobba
Stone lobba
Doom diver
Doom diver

Total: 3000

Given the army break down I will be facing a good number of empire and warriors of chaos, but I've been challenged to TsukeFox to the first game so I'm bound to have at least one game against tomb kings.

Personally I'm hoping to win more games than I lose and overall win best orc and goblin player.

I'll be posting the 5 battle reports here, plus any extra games I have (OnceBitten and Shimmergloom are going down!), but while you wait feel free to comment on the list and bet on how you think I will do :)

There will also be a live feed of table 1 (maybe I'll get lucky and be there, but don't hold your breath): http://www.twitch.tv/AtomicEmpire

Intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qaay-lv4jC8

Practice Game 1 (Orcs): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_npUmFI1jU&feature=youtu.be

Practice Game 2 (Ogres): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uQtiK7CN98&feature=youtu.be

Practice Game 3 (WoC): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_Z8n_X0zsE&feature=youtu.be

Game 1 (TK): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMpxivNoq-Y&feature=youtu.be

Game 2 (LM): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SV4YKBbXi4

Game 3 (Empire): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nQfM8qAiuI&feature=youtu.be

Game 4 (VC): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71ZEujm_k_M&feature=youtu.be

Game 5 (TK): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNpi476-6HU&feature=youtu.be

Travel log: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVB53eYsgq0&feature=youtu.be

Malorian vs OnceBitten: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGQZmFcH5nU&feature=youtu.be

Final thoughts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dk5JDExiWo

Shimmergloom
09-04-2013, 20:30
I'm gonna post my list in here as well for comparison sake.

I'm taking on another Greenskin in round 1. He usually plays with 3 spiders, so if he does again, there should be a lot of hot Arach on Arach action.

1. Orc Warboss, general, shield
armor of destiny, best basha axe

2. Orc Great shaman
staff of stability, 4+ ward, fencer's, ironcurse icon

3. Black orc bsb, shield
dragonhelm, 5+ ward

4. lvl 1 savage shaman, shrunken head
5. lvl 1 ng shaman, dispel scroll

6. 39 big'un savages, FC, 2 choppas
7. 21 ng, banner, fanatic
8. 20 ng, banner, fanatic
9. 2 units of 5 wolf riders w/shields

7. 39 blk orcs, fc, shields, flaming banner
8. troll
9. 4 chukkas

10. Arachnarok
11. 2 doom divers
12. 2 mangler squigs
13. pump wagon w/outrigga

Total: 2999pts.

Shimmergloom
09-04-2013, 20:32
oh and here's a link to the list of pairings. A few people have not paid. I think it is probably too late for them to pay, but maybe something can be worked out. I start on table 45, with Malorian, it looks like you are on table 49.

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc42/Tekore/FirstRoundPairingsv2.gif

I like that they tell you your table # now, so you can go there first thing and start unpacking your army without a large traffic jam of people having to move around as they announce what table you are on.

Ratarsed
09-04-2013, 20:55
I'm pretty excited about this. At least 10 battle reports to look forward to from yourself and Once Bitten!

I've had to go 2 wins only because I'm not convinced on your list. ( I like shimmerglooms better, sorry! ) I can see you have gone minimum characters to get as much in troops as you can but that in itself makes co-ordinating them a challenge. You have your strength spread fairly evenly through several units and that will be a challenge to bring together. ( That being said its the sort of army i like to use because it makes for the most fun games even when you lose.) Against your brothers Skaven animosity on your savages (for 2 turns was it?) cost you the game I think.

My prediction is that animosity will screw you over 1 game, a bad match up or something like a big template purple sun destroying your army will cost you a 2nd game (ever the pessimist) and a fatal error, maybe at the end of the day when fatigue sets in, will cost you a 3rd

I'd like to see you win all 5 and take the title for the Orcs with Once Bittens Empire as the final game, but I'm a realist.

good luck! Waaagh!

Malorian
10-04-2013, 16:05
Huh?!?! I thought I was suppose to be against Chris Leghorn.

Edit: looks like they are going to fix it.

Shimmergloom
10-04-2013, 17:29
Yeah it looks like they had a few errors. I think that was why they wanted lists out a week in advance, to put up the pairings early and be able to check for mistakes ahead of time.

I really love that not only are all pairings out, but so are table numbers. So you can come in there saturday morning and go right to your table to unpack and there won't be around 100 people(counting the 40k tourney) all trying to move around each other at once to go to their tables as pairings are announced.

Lord Inquisitor
10-04-2013, 17:39
Wow, that's quite a trek there Malorian! Why did you choose this tournament to travel to?

Shimmergloom
10-04-2013, 17:41
Hey, LI, you are coming to brawler right? If so, what army?

Lord Inquisitor
10-04-2013, 17:57
Yup. I'll be bringing Ogres.

Shimmergloom
10-04-2013, 18:05
Have you been to Brawler before? I am wondering if I know you or have seen you before.

Don Zeko
10-04-2013, 18:15
There's going to be a huge Warseer contingent there. I'll be on table 38 for round 1.

Malorian
10-04-2013, 18:45
There's going to be a huge Warseer contingent there. I'll be on table 38 for round 1.

Wow, that's quite a trek there Malorian! Why did you choose this tournament to travel to?

I was invited to Bragging Rights but the team fell apart. Disappointed I asked OB what was the biggest tournament in his area and he said Brawler Bash. So that's why I'm going there :)

Powerposey
10-04-2013, 19:00
I put you down for 3, and I am looking forward to putting some more faces to screen names.

I'll be starting on Table #53 with my Blue Slaanesh Daemons.

Lord Inquisitor
10-04-2013, 19:14
Have you been to Brawler before? I am wondering if I know you or have seen you before.
I'm sure we know each other, just a case of putting a name to a face. I'm Eoin, I wasn't at BB last year, but attended the previous two years. I've been to Southern Assault the last two years too. I'm the other English guy that's not Tom.

I was invited to Bragging Rights but the team fell apart. Disappointed I asked OB what was the biggest tournament in his area and he said Brawler Bash. So that's why I'm going there :)
Well, fair enough!

skillfull_dan
10-04-2013, 20:30
I'll be bringing lizards to table 44, see you guys there.

Shimmergloom
10-04-2013, 20:54
I'm on table 45. Just look for the hot arach on arach action.

DrMarmalade
12-04-2013, 01:06
After watching most of your orc videos, I really think you need a warboss if you are running 18 frickin trollz! Considering you 6 dice foot a lot, if your shaman dies, you will loose 90% of the time. Not having a warboss in this type of list is mad dumb in my opinion.

dementian
12-04-2013, 15:32
Best of luck everyone at this tournament! I can't wait to see the reports and hopefully catch some of you on the live stream of top table.

http://www.twitch.tv/AtomicEmpire is apparently the stream.

Powerposey
12-04-2013, 15:43
LI and OnceBitten will be playing Friday night I believe. LI or OB can you confirm and what time for all those patiently awaiting this rematch?

Saturdays action starts at 9 EST.

@SG - LI had the Sarlac's Pit display board at Grail Quest about 1.5 years ago.

dementian
12-04-2013, 15:46
A rematch between LI and OB but with different armies eh? Daemons vs Brets? No way! Ogres vs Empire!

Lord Inquisitor
12-04-2013, 16:25
LI or OB can you confirm and what time for all those patiently awaiting this rematch?
Start time is 5pm EST.

A rematch between LI and OB but with different armies eh? Daemons vs Brets? No way! Ogres vs Empire!
I will try and bring daemons down, so it'll be Daemons vs Empire.

Malorian
13-04-2013, 04:10
It was great to meet you in person LI. Didn't have much time to chat but maybe we'll get to face each other over the five games :)

Methios
14-04-2013, 20:28
Cant wait for the reps >.>

Malorian
14-04-2013, 22:46
Tournament is done and I'm happy with how I did.

I have 8 games worth of reports so far and OB and I still plan to have one.

I still need to travel back, so expect them over the week starting probably on tuesday.

Ullis
14-04-2013, 23:32
Tournament is done and I'm happy with how I did.

I have 8 games worth of reports so far and OB and I still plan to have one.

I still need to travel back, so expect them over the week starting probably on tuesday.

Well done on your finish Mal. Looking forward to your reports over the next week. Safe home mate.

Shimmergloom
15-04-2013, 00:06
I'm worn out.

I prepared wholly to face those 12 WoC armies and I didn't play a single woc all weekend.

It was fun seeing all you guys from warseer. I think there was a few I didn't meet like LI and Djekar.

Djekar
15-04-2013, 11:49
It was an excellent weekend. I failed in my quest to take best Orc. I have brought shame to my Waaagh! I loved to hang with all of the people from Warseer though - I look forward to seeing your reports Mal. I'll even chant U-S-A while I do ;)

Ullis
15-04-2013, 12:57
It was an excellent weekend. I failed in my quest to take best Orc. I have brought shame to my Waaagh! I loved to hang with all of the people from Warseer though - I look forward to seeing your reports Mal. I'll even chant U-S-A while I do ;)

Ah were you that guy shouting U-S-A at Brawler's Bash? You could be clearly heard on the live cast.

Djekar
15-04-2013, 13:46
Yeah that was me. I made a right fool of myself, I'm sure. At least my friends and spouse talked me out of buying a cheap American Flag and waving it around Hacksaw Jim Duggan style at every opportunity.

Malorian
15-04-2013, 14:03
Yeah that was me. I made a right fool of myself, I'm sure. At least my friends and spouse talked me out of buying a cheap American Flag and waving it around Hacksaw Jim Duggan style at every opportunity.

Idea!

Next year we grudge each other for the first game, you dress up as Hacksaw Jim Duggan and I'll dress up as... um... you know... that Canadian wrestler guy... um... Chris Benoit?... and... um... I'll... kill my kids....

This is a horrible idea...

Djekar
15-04-2013, 14:49
I'm down excepting of course the grisliness with He-Man and She-Ra. Maybe in a year's time we can think of a better Canadian wrestler. Alternatively, you could dress like a mountie since that's a readily identifiable sign of Canada. Just like an overweight, bearded, yelling southern bro is a readily identifiable sign of the American South East...

Your right, this is a horrible idea. I'm down for the grudge match part at the very least!

I do hope that your trip was enjoyable and worth it man, and I look forward very much to the reports sir!

Shimmergloom
15-04-2013, 14:55
Bret Hart.

Anyway, I must have met Djekar but didn't know that was him, lol.

I was trying to meet all the orcs to see how they were doing. Were you on the table next to me on day 2 game 4, when I was playing vamps?

Xentarus
15-04-2013, 16:05
Looking forward to the new, many videos. Glad you had a good time! Did you happen to see your beloved Orcs winning the almost 200 player SCGT?

Djekar
15-04-2013, 17:57
Shimmer - I think so, I was playing TK game 4 on Table 22 and barely barely managed to squeeze out a draw from thanks to the No Valor in Death card giving me a free 500 points. You had the army roasting a dwarf in the middle of your big'uns, right?

Also, good call on Brett "the hitman" Hart. I think this might happen ...

@Xentarus: do you know what he was packing?

Shimmergloom
15-04-2013, 18:34
Yeah, my army was roasting the dwarf. I had dwarfs fighting and being killed throughout my army.

Yeah I saw you next to me playing the tomb kings. A few times it didn't look good for you. Things looked bad for me when I tried to save my black orcs and warboss who were fighitng 2 vamps in a knight bus + 10 hex wraiths with my savages in the flank. I saved them for a turn but then got flanked by ghouls and lost both hordes and all my major characters.

However then my chukkas worked over time killed his vamp lord and vamp bsb, while a freaking unit of 21 night goblins held off and destroyed hexwraiths + the crumbling army all around them gave me a ton of points. That had me at a minor loss, but then I got 1500pts from objectives and scenarios to put me ahead. So that was sort of a win, but not really. All I had left alive by the end was 1 unit of night goblins and I think a chukka. I think my troll was alive, but I counted it as dead. He had 2 hexwraiths from another unit of 10(giving me half vps), a terrorgeist down to 1 wound(giving me half vps) and 20 out of 40 skeletons(so that counted as full strength as they needed to be down to 25% for me to get half vps for that) and full strength ghouls. He could have charged his ghouls at my ng unit that was claiming the scenario to deny me those points, but he didn't, since there was no way for him to claim the points for himself. So that was incredibly nice of him.

Xentarus
16-04-2013, 08:10
Shimmer - I think so, I was playing TK game 4 on Table 22 and barely barely managed to squeeze out a draw from thanks to the No Valor in Death card giving me a free 500 points. You had the army roasting a dwarf in the middle of your big'uns, right?

Also, good call on Brett "the hitman" Hart. I think this might happen ...

@Xentarus: do you know what he was packing?

•Lord Black orc Warboss, Talisman of preservation, Crown of command, Dragonhelm
•Night Goblin Great Shaman, Level 4, ironcurse icon, Shrieking blade
•Goblin big boss, BSB, Light armour, Shield, Spider Banner
•Night Goblin big boss, Great weapon
•Orc shaman, Level 2 (35), Dispel scroll
•Orc shaman, Level 2
•5 Goblin wolf riders, Spears, Shields, Musician
•5 Goblin wolf riders, Spears, Shields, Musician
•20 Night goblins, Bows, Musician
99 Night goblins, Bows, Full command, Netters, 3x fanatics
8 Common trolls
•Mangler squig
•Mangler squig
•Doom Diver
•Doom Diver
•Rock lobba
•Rock lobba
•Pump wagon
•Pump Wagon

Kalandros
16-04-2013, 08:38
More interested in the matchups and scenarios, those have a whole lot of impact on the list too.

Xentarus
16-04-2013, 10:33
No scenarios. Brets, then 5 Warriors of Chaos.

Djekar
16-04-2013, 11:12
Yeah, that list seems like it would be bad news bears to the Warriors of Chaos lists at the Bash, so if he got 5 in a row that were pretty much cookie cutter of those ...

Xentarus
16-04-2013, 11:23
They weren't really cookie cutter lists, more variety than you'd expect.

But woo the Malorian videos are going up, thanks!

Malorian
16-04-2013, 11:32
First post updated with a handful of games :)

Shimmergloom
16-04-2013, 14:19
You didn't seem grumpy in our game to me.

I honestly think the main difference in the game was your misfires and failure to wound my arach on turn 1 along with the rest of your shooting going against my two manglers on turn 1. That effectively gave me 1 more round of shooting against your black orcs than you had against mine before the fighting started. And me having a blk orc bsb in my savage unit along with shrunken head which helped me save 8 savages in that combat vs 11 wounds, where you only saved 3 vs 13 wounds.

If only shrunken head helped out against pit of shades, final transmutation and the dweller's below...

JDV311
16-04-2013, 17:09
Great job so far Malorian! Man that WOC game was rough. I subscribed to your youtube channel recently so looking forward to the rest of your reports. I really wish I could have made it to Brawler Bash but just couldn't get my daemons ready in time. I will be at Bugeater Gt next month for sure in Omaha...can't wait!

Lord Inquisitor
16-04-2013, 18:09
It was great to meet you in person LI. Didn't have much time to chat but maybe we'll get to face each other over the five games :)

I think we spent the whole tournament just missing each other. We must have been very close in points because we were on adjacent tables round 2 and round 4 at least.

Shimmergloom
16-04-2013, 20:12
I'm sure we know each other, just a case of putting a name to a face. I'm Eoin, I wasn't at BB last year, but attended the previous two years. I've been to Southern Assault the last two years too. I'm the other English guy that's not Tom.

Lol. Ok now I know who you are. Everytime I heard the name Eoin come up all weekend, I kept thinking, I know that name from somewhere...

Malorian
16-04-2013, 22:13
Game 2 is up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SV4YKBbXi4

Don Zeko
16-04-2013, 23:08
Having gone to tournaments with Ian (the Lizardmen player) for years, hearing you describe him as a happy-go-lucky, hippy-ish easy win was a laugh-out-loud moment for me. Those Fancy Lads are fun dudes, but don't be fooled. They have some very competitive, seasoned players and Ian is one of them.

Shimmergloom
16-04-2013, 23:22
I usually concede during deployment vs Ian.

TsukeFox
17-04-2013, 01:33
First post updated with a handful of games :)

Awesome-!!
Man what a solid ass kicking I received.

Next time sir !!

ZigZagMan
17-04-2013, 04:42
Too late now, of course, but I like to put a goblin on giant spider in my big blocks of trolls, maybe even with the armour of destiny for a 2+/4++. Hes not that expensive, but gives the trolls a chance to pass thier stupidity test after the overrun the inevitable first piece of chaff that gets stuck in front of them

Malorian should let his hair grow and wear a Grateful Dead t-shirt in tournaments. Mind games...

Djekar
17-04-2013, 11:54
Man, I love the idea of Forbidden Rod on the Slann from your second opponent.

Shimmergloom
17-04-2013, 12:18
I don't.

I have to play against it all the time!

Lord Inquisitor
17-04-2013, 13:44
I toyed with that in Empire. Level 4 of life and Level 4 of shadow. Forbidden rod with a 4+ ward or on a sacrificial level 1. Carry a power stone as well. Allows you to get some horrific combos off. I used this trick with a low-magic-phase roll to get enough dice to Enfeeble a chosen unit and then Dweller them. I can only imagine how well it works on Slaan. Actually I did see a Life/Shadow Slaan pair win a second round of Ard Boyz but I don't know if he ran the forbidden rod.

Djekar
17-04-2013, 13:55
Sometimes I think about all the "real" magic out there and I cry myself to sleep over the Big and Little Waaagh! lores.

Don Zeko
17-04-2013, 14:08
Sometimes I think about all the "real" magic out there and I cry myself to sleep over the Big and Little Waaagh! lores.

Let me tell you about my game 3. You'll feel better.

Djekar
17-04-2013, 14:09
Don't let my Beastmen opponent hear me complaining too loudly - I Footed his minotaurs off Turn 1 with a boosted Foot and put a few wounds on the Gorebull BSB and Doombull. Whomp Whomp!

I just feel like I am missing something when I can't combine the BRB lores like other armies. Consequently, I really enjoy playing armies with access to the BRB lores (or with the wizarding hat).

Shimmergloom
17-04-2013, 14:12
lol.

That was the only time my foot of gork did anything the whole tournament.

Gork or Possibly Mork
17-04-2013, 15:08
Watched a few of these over the last day or so and the one with you and OB ( the late late night show ). Got some good painting done watching these too. Yaaaay!

Was happy to see that Ogre player playing a non typical list. I was hoping he'd smack you around a little more though just because you always talk a little smack about how you crush Ogres so easily :p

Mostly i just wanted to stop by and say thanks to you and OB for putting in the time in to do this. It really is appreciated and believe it or not makes the hobby even more enjoyable to me.

Go Team Youtube! Keep Rockin' it fellows.

Cheers

Gork or Mork

Malorian
17-04-2013, 15:31
Game 3 is up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nQfM8qAiuI&feature=youtu.be

Lord Inquisitor
17-04-2013, 16:40
Game 2 is up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SV4YKBbXi4

Nice. Likewise I was amused by your description of Ian.

I was wondering about the salamander in the building. Surely a rock on his head would splat it easily? Or were your lobbers and divers elsewhere occupied?

Malorian
17-04-2013, 16:47
Nice. Likewise I was amused by your description of Ian.

I was wondering about the salamander in the building. Surely a rock on his head would splat it easily? Or were your lobbers and divers elsewhere occupied?

The issue with that is how it randomized to the handlers. In the end that's is how I killed it but it took more than I wanted to dedicate to a simple salamander that I typically chase off with a chariot.

Lord Inquisitor
17-04-2013, 16:56
The kicker in buildings is that you get D6 hits, randomise those, but each hit can still do D6 wounds. I've learned the hard way not to put ogres in buildings but the handlers do make a difference I suppose. In any case, the solo Slaan was the primary target of course!

I very much liked how you caused a secondary flee with a unit facing the other way to force the enemy unit to flee back towards the original charger. That's a lovely trick (and one I've employed on several occasions!) if you can get the positioning just right. It didn't work in this case but it was nice to see.

Malorian
17-04-2013, 18:11
Game 4 is up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71ZEujm_k_M&feature=youtu.be

Malorian
17-04-2013, 18:12
The kicker in buildings is that you get D6 hits, randomise those, but each hit can still do D6 wounds. I've learned the hard way not to put ogres in buildings but the handlers do make a difference I suppose. In any case, the solo Slaan was the primary target of course!

I very much liked how you caused a secondary flee with a unit facing the other way to force the enemy unit to flee back towards the original charger. That's a lovely trick (and one I've employed on several occasions!) if you can get the positioning just right. It didn't work in this case but it was nice to see.

I know it works like that for cannons but I thought only one of the hits would be the rock and the rest would be the regular hits.

dementian
17-04-2013, 18:37
I know it works like that for cannons but I thought only one of the hits would be the rock and the rest would be the regular hits.

No book on me but I am pretty sure if the centre of the template is on the building the d6 are resolved at the higher str

Lord Inquisitor
17-04-2013, 19:11
Right, the way it works is if you score a direct hit on the building, all of the D6 are high strength, if you partial the building then they're all low strength.

Shimmergloom
17-04-2013, 19:22
I didn't realize that. That's good to know.

Ghremdal
17-04-2013, 21:27
After watching the battlereports up to now, the fact that only VP's count seems like a bad rule. The cards and scenarios are cool, but determining ranking on VP's really seems to favor a few armies. Not to mention the fact if a player stalls, or keeps his units alive, can be seen as unsporting (while in normal game types it would be considered normal).

Net VP's would be much better.

Malorian
17-04-2013, 21:50
Game 5 is up. Travel log is uploading.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNpi476-6HU&feature=youtu.be

Lord Inquisitor
17-04-2013, 22:49
After watching the battlereports up to now, the fact that only VP's count seems like a bad rule. The cards and scenarios are cool, but determining ranking on VP's really seems to favor a few armies. Not to mention the fact if a player stalls, or keeps his units alive, can be seen as unsporting (while in normal game types it would be considered normal).
For the most part it seemed to work well, with less concern for keeping units alive and "saving points" being a plus. You're right, points denial armies were an annoyance but most of the time I have to say it worked very well and there was more of a genial atmosphere - it was less of a zero sum game and both players could win.

Net VP's would be much better.
Not sure what you mean. I.e. vp difference between the players?

Ghremdal
18-04-2013, 04:51
If player A killed 2000 points of stuff and player B killed 1500 points of stuff then player A would get 500 points (+ scenarios) and player B would get -500 points (+ scenarios).

Methios
18-04-2013, 07:05
Nice reports! your trolls seemed to be doing nicely! As a TK player im a liltle dishearthend about the way the TK performed tho. :(

dementian
18-04-2013, 14:00
Mal, wishes are with you that you get your army back.

Malorian
18-04-2013, 15:11
Game with OB is up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGQZmFcH5nU&feature=youtu.be

My final thought video will be today at 8pm mountain standard time.

Awilla the Hun
18-04-2013, 23:27
Really bad luck with your army, hope it Hand of Morks its way back to you.

Great battle reports too!

thegoss84
18-04-2013, 23:47
Thanks Mal for always putting up great batrep videos. I loved the discussion between you and OB too.

I was genuinely relieved when I heard you got your army back, just fantastic! Looking forward to the next tournament!

selecta
19-04-2013, 10:24
Nice battle report

Malorian
19-04-2013, 12:47
Final thoughts video up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dk5JDExiWo

Awilla the Hun
19-04-2013, 14:38
Watching it, I suddenly wanted to try Brawlers next year.

Which is ridiculous for reasons of being on the other side of the Atlantic and the general hilarious lack of unpreparedness in the Red Guards, but...

vanvelzen
19-04-2013, 14:57
I was genuinely relieved when I heard you got your army back, just fantastic!

This

It would be such a shame otherwise.

Ratarsed
20-04-2013, 15:21
Well done Malorian. I'm pleased you did so well and I really get how frustrating games can be when your opponent just refuses to engage!

I can't imagine the stress you went through when your bags got lost. Thank heaven they were found! I'd still be gutted at the loss of a chariot, but you can tell that pales into insignificance at the relief at getting back the rest of your army. It was also great to hear how the WFB community rallied round and offered you all that stuff. I think it just shows how much we appreciate the reports and what you do for the love of the hobby.

Gork or Possibly Mork
20-04-2013, 16:50
Super glad to hear you got your army back. How the hell does a chariot base get snapped in half? Was it two 50mm bases glued together or did the baggage handlers thunderstomp it?

TsukeFox
20-04-2013, 21:32
Nice reports! your trolls seemed to be doing nicely! As a TK player im a liltle dishearthend about the way the TK performed tho. :(

Ditto buddy :(