PDA

View Full Version : 1000 points of (Almost) Gobo fun

madival
09-04-2013, 20:19
Made a fun little gobo list. Tell me what you think

Lord

Night goblin warboss : Glittering scales, fencer blades, potion of strength (The Tiny Dualist. I5, -1 to be hit, WS10, +3 str for a round)

core

50 night goblins : spears, standard, musician, boss, 3 fantatics (The stubborn horde.

special

6 spear chukka (tons of range)

3 wolf chariots (range and chargers)

boar chariot (Pure charger)

Rare

2 doom divers (Anti armor)

Glemigobles
09-04-2013, 22:42
Looks neat...but it lacks a BSB and a leading general (Ld 7) - on the other hand it's a 1000pts army that has some maneuverability thanks to chariots. I wouldn't rely on chukkas though. 3 is enough if you aren't facing Ogres or minotaur hordes specifically. I'd also add some wolf riders. Nevertheless this army will be fun play with/against :)

madival
10-04-2013, 21:18
would it be viable to drop the orc chariot and go with 2 snotling pump wagons naked?

Glemigobles
11-04-2013, 10:52
Your army will rely on low toughness chariots from whom almost half have random movement in compulsory phase...however if you just want to have fun do whatever you please :)

Jind_Singh
11-04-2013, 20:07
I would...

Drop boar chariot and 4 chukkas to free up 225pts

Add a BSB

Add a Big Boss with a great weapon

Add in a unit of chaff like Wolf Riders or Spider Riders to act as diverters

GO TO TOWN ON PEOPLE!

For the next 500pts add in a second core unit, ideally common gobbos with a Gobbo Warboss for ld 8, and a caster, at this point I'd drop NG lord and use the points saved for a Squig Herd

For the last 200pts add in some monsters like a Giant or a massive Spider - and some more gubinz!
Add a Mangler Squig