PDA

View Full Version : Getting back into fantasy, help me make a DOC list

Unicorn
10-04-2013, 07:26
So, I have been more or less out of the fantasy game (been playing 40k) for since the start of 8 ed. I have had a game now and then but not much. But with the release of the new DoC book I wanted to give it another go. And just to throw myself into deep waters, I have decided to attend a tournament inn 2 weeks time. Nothing is a bigger wake up call then a tournament in my opinion :P

I have been playing DoC for quite some time now (been my main army in 40k) and I am happy with the models I have, but I canít decide on what to include in my army list. The tournament is a 2400 point tourny witch uses the ETC rules (link to the rules if you donít know them: http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=111991 ) witch is fine with me, since the worst combos have been removed and I hopefully wont loose by turn 3.

The models I have at my disposal are:

Thirster
KoS
A lot of different demon princes
any number of heroes with all kind of mounts

40 Plague Bearers
40 Deamonets
70 Letters
25 Horrors

10 Flesh Hounds
10 Seekers
6 Fiends
8 Blood Crushers
6 Flamers
24 Screamers
30 Nurgling Bases
10 Beasts of Nurgle
20 Furies

1 Skull cannon
6 Drones of nurgle
2 Soul Grinders

At the tournament I know there will be quite a lot of O&G (with trolls), WoC, DE and Ogre armies. So if I have a fighting chance against these I will be happy. Monsters are quite common so units that can handle that is a priority. A lv 4 wizard is also a must I think since I canít have a scroll.

I am open to all suggestions on a Army list, and all help is welcome :)

MOMUS
12-04-2013, 06:33
From your list i would definetly try to include:

Skull cannon
Drones
Crushers
Furies (chaff)
screamers
KoS (personal preference)

Its really your core you need to sort out that will dictate the rest. PB probs best for points, if you take the keeper then nettes, maybe small unit of horrors aswel for the wiz ability?

selecta
12-04-2013, 06:50
I would take some
pb for core and daemonettes

special
nurglings
flesh hounds
beast of nurgle
crushers
rare
soul grinder is fun
then ethier drones,skull cannon.