PDA

View Full Version : Siege Empire 2000pts

captaincortez
10-04-2013, 14:30
In my current campaign, we are coming to a time when sieges are more and more common. I have not engaged in one yet, but I want to be prepared when I am attacked or inevitably need to attack someone else's fortress. Our rules allow for a standard 2000 point army to garrison a castle. Unlike our fixed campaign banners, these can be made up of whatever we want as long as they follow legal army guidelines. I NEED to win these sieges.

My main opponents will be Warriors, Orcs, and Ogres...all T4 beasties. Hopefully, responders will be familiar with the siege rules in Blood in the Badlands. What do you think?

Thanks.

kefkah
12-04-2013, 02:55
From experience ( playing vs a empire in a castle). If you are defending, get a war altar for the 6 inch bubble. Almost everyone will get it. LOAD! upp on hellblasters. With the prebattle shooting phases (2 of them) those volleys will have a big effect. Demigrpyhs ( dont know if we dident find anything or houseruled that cav can walk on the walls) are pretty great positioned so they can walz up and down to take the assault party.

Played twice vs this empire guy as dark elves trying to take his castle, both time repulsed.

Now if your going to assault a castle i really dont have any tips for that as empire.