PDA

View Full Version : Crushing mass lesser gift

the_picto
10-04-2013, 15:20
I have a couple of questions about crushing mass.

1) If my herald is on a chariot does it a) not get the d3 impact hits, b) get them instead of the chariot impact hits, or c) get both?

2) If the herald is on a mount such as a steed or a disc, would the impact hits be resolved at the strength of the rider as they are the one with the gift, or the highest value available to the model?

Iraf
10-04-2013, 16:01
1) If both a model and his/her mount have impact hits you use those of the mount. Covered in either Warhammer FAQ or Ogre Kindoms FAQ. Can't remember which at the moment.

2) the mount would not have impact hits, and since the character is mounted you would not get his impact hits. (I'm pretty sure of this, not 100% though).

Blkc57
10-04-2013, 16:20
1) If both a model and his/her mount have impact hits you use those of the mount. Covered in either Warhammer FAQ or Ogre Kindoms FAQ. Can't remember which at the moment.

2) the mount would not have impact hits, and since the character is mounted you would not get his impact hits. (I'm pretty sure of this, not 100% though).

Its actually on page 71 of the main rule book under the entry for Impact hits: If a creature has more than one set of impact hits from either troop type or special rules, you use the highest set rather than the total of them.

Mr_Rose
10-04-2013, 19:39
Yeah, you use the highest single set on the model. My savage Orc Warboss has the armour of Mork on a boar, mostly because he can, without trouble.

the_picto
11-04-2013, 22:43
I found the bit about using the highest number of hits, so I see that you would just get the chariot impact hits.

I can't find anything saying you would lose them for being mounted though. The impact hit rules talk about the model having the rule. If I have a herald on a steed and role crushing mass, then the model has the impact hirs rule.

Iraf
12-04-2013, 00:00
I found the bit about using the highest number of hits, so I see that you would just get the chariot impact hits.

I can't find anything saying you would lose them for being mounted though. The impact hit rules talk about the model having the rule. If I have a herald on a steed and role crushing mass, then the model has the impact hirs rule.

Sorry, I was confusing impact hits with stomps/thunderstomps where you use the mounts profile for those. I guess there is nothing about impact hits being only the mount.