5 horse archers

Special:
36 TG full command - banner of the undying legion
4 Necro knights
3 stalkers

Rare:
ssc
casket

That should be roughly 2250 points. will add/remove some archers if need be.

Any feed back plz? I am a lil worried about having only 1 combat block. I played a test match against Lizardmen that ended up rather horridly. But that could be my generalship :)

GiraffeCrab
10-04-2013, 19:06
I am not the greatest general ever but with my TK i found that 3 chariots with command can be about 45 naked skellies or less if you give them a command and gear or take archers, and can do a slightly better job of not dying straight away like chariots. Gives you a disposable pit which can be handy.

hanrahandh
11-04-2013, 02:42
Hey, I've played tomb kings for a long time and with the new edition I've found khaptep just isn't as good as I expected. Personally, I would save about 100 points and replace him with a level 4. I agree with giraffecrab as well; you need some more skeletons but i wouldn't remove the chariots. Removing both horse archers loses some maneuverability and redirection, but you also can gain about 35 skeletons - and upgrades on that. Also, the banner of the undying legion can be pretty good, but if you have a level 4 and a casket, you might find that you don't have enough magic to get it off reliably, but still, taking this banner is a personal opinion. In addition, the tomb prince is a good idea, especially with the tomb guard. You should upgrade the tomb guard with halberds - it makes them amazing.

Methios
11-04-2013, 14:27
Well, i read alot on the tomb kings forums. And seen the math hammer. all point out that normal skellies are just a wast of points.

selecta
11-04-2013, 15:06
Well, i read alot on the tomb kings forums. And seen the math hammer. all point out that normal skellies are just a wast of points.

I have a tk army but I have found that the skellies in general are waste time and tk army only seem to work with special characters. I am not happy about the tk that I decided not rebuild it until the next book comes out because I found alot of things in general dont work out that well.

Enigmatik1
11-04-2013, 16:50

Extensive mathhammer seems to indicate that for Brittles (my nickname for Skeleton Warriors) to be "worth fielding" you need at least 60. Their abysmal stat lines in conjunction with the Unstable rule pretty much means they die in droves to anything stronger than a stiff breeze, which of course, Unstable compounds. There are folks who make them work in ginormous units of 60+...but I don't count myself among that number as I only have 40 Warriors and I refuse to make/buy anymore until I don't need to field a megazerg of them for them to last longer than a turn.

Khatep is very good (all of our SC Lords are). His staff alone is often enough to warrant fielding him, Loremaster is just icing on the cake. Yes, his scroll is pants (it NEVER works/does anything for me) and he has no saves, but if anything gets in range of your Hiero, he's as good as dead even if he has a ward.