PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Lordless Daemons

Kalandros
12-04-2013, 18:49
[125] Herald of Tzeentch - Army General, Lv2 Wizard, Lore of Metal
[115] Herald of Nurgle - Battle Standard Bearer

[329] 23 Plaguebearers of Nurgle - Plagueridden, Musician, Standard Bearer
[299] 24 Daemonettes of Slaanesh - Musician, Standard Bearer: Banner of Swiftness

[360] 6 Beasts of Nurgle
[240] 4 Beasts of Nurgle
[060] 1 Beast of Nurgle
[060] 5 Chaos Furies
[060] 5 Chaos Furies
[140] 6 Seekers of Slaanesh - Standard Bearer: Banner of Eternal Flame
[100] 5 Seekers of Slaanesh

[135] Skull Cannon of Khorne
[135] Skull Cannon of Khorne
[170] Burning Chariot of Tzeentch - Blue Horrors
[170] Burning Chariot of Tzeentch - Blue Horrors

:D

underscore
12-04-2013, 20:41
Surely the Nurgle herald would work better as the general, seeing as though he'll actually have a unit to join? I can't see a lone Herald lasting too long, not with 100 Victory points slapped on his back.

But then I guess the Nurgle guy is definitely going to see combat, so you never know...

Kalandros
12-04-2013, 21:20
4+ look out sir from the 4 infantry units and able to hide with terrain should be fine. The general is just there because I have to take a general.

hanrahandh
13-04-2013, 05:54
Surely the Nurgle herald would work better as the general, seeing as though he'll actually have a unit to join? I can't see a lone Herald lasting too long, not with 100 Victory points slapped on his back.

But then I guess the Nurgle guy is definitely going to see combat, so you never know...

A battle standard bearer can't be the general though. Unless you mean to swap the battle standard bearer to the herald, who is a mage...

ellerki
15-04-2013, 08:17
herald of Nurgle works better since the TZ heralds stats are awful and on its own it will die very quickly. not a huge fan of furies but at least when they die your not cursing because they cost a ton of points.

kefkah
15-04-2013, 09:40
Yes, he is easy to kill, but so what lol. Look at the list, i would say losing the general (225 vp) is not that bad. Being a lvl 2 metal, getting any spells of seems more as a bonus, and i think the list does fine without it.

ellerki
15-04-2013, 10:48
maybe put him on a disc so he can have a chance of surviving longer against shooting. Otherwise i really like the list, seekers are real useful since they can used as a vanguard and skull cannons are mega cheap! Have you given furies a mark since it seems like they can be undivided. You should right up a battle report. You could give your herald of TZ the wand of whimsy so he could become much better over time, since the armies you play against are likely to be worried about the cannons and Beasts and allocate spells and shooting accordingly.

SkavenKing
18-04-2013, 16:42
Whats with the weird groupings of Beasts ?

group of 6 group of 4 and a group of 1 ? Seems odd especially the group of 6 thats pretty wide , unless thats what you are going for. I would run 2 groups of 4 , or 3 groups of 3

Ive had a ton of luck with putting my Nurgle Herald on a palaquin .. the extra 2 wounds makes him that much harder to kill in combat
I dont like furies at all , but thats personal preference

tankrothchild
18-04-2013, 16:48
Interesting list. I like it. One suggestion I would have is putting the Banner of Swiftness on the PBs instead of the daemonettes. This will help the PBs stay with the battle line. I don't typically use furies, but have you considered finding some points to give them marks? I know Khorne is popular on the furies.

ellerki
18-04-2013, 19:49
6 Beasts of Nurgle count as a horde so the whole unit can strike. I'd personally run beasts as a unit of 6,3 and 2.

naloth
19-04-2013, 04:27
6 Beasts of Nurgle count as a horde so the whole unit can strike. I'd personally run beasts as a unit of 6,3 and 2.

6 wide would indeed count as a horde, but that only allows an extra (usually 3rd rank) to strike. Any models in the front can strike normally if they are in base contact with an enemy and the second rank of Beasts get up to 3 supporting attacks already. Unless you plan on getting a 3rd rank and running a horde with a 6 wide frontage (13+ beasts), it doesn't make any difference.