PDA

View Full Version : "I've never lost a war in my way" A Pre-heresy World eaters plog! XII!

Fizzy
13-04-2013, 16:21
Hello! After starting my army with another school project log I decided to make a new plog for my World eaters as they are my biggest army and I spend 80% of my hobby time on them.

My army is based on the early stages of the Heresy. I will paint but have patience as I am a slow painter. But I do take requests for pictures and so on. Right now I have expanded my army to about 5500 points.

I will try my best to update. Right now I am studying and will do for 2 more months roughly. After that I will get more time perhaps. Any critique is more than welcome. I also may link to commissions or people that have helped me get the things I poses for my army.

My Angron was also posted on Daily White Dwarf on the GW page. Link: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=6600040-gws

Below is my speed painted test World eater. And next to him is Angron. The space marines around him and some things on Angron is painted by a nice guy I know. But I have changed some things on Angron and might change his skin again or his armour.

Fizzy
16-04-2013, 04:11
So I've almost finished building the entire army for now. I am still missing a few small models but those will come a along.

The army consists of:

2x20 Tacticals
10 Veterans
5 man command squad
6 Chataphractii's
8 Rampagers
6 Autocannon guys
5 Lascannons guys
2 Contemptors
1 Dreadnought
2 Rhinos
2 Apothecaries
3 Thallax cohort
4 Jetbikes
1 Storm eagle
1 Drop pod
1 Spartan assault tank
1 Typhon Heavy Siege tank
1 Preator
My own early heresy Kharn
1 Master of signal
1 Tech priest character to make my mechanicum ally complete.

And lastly.

Angron.

I will give this army my full focus and try to paint as good and fast as I can. Sadly nothing this week. I am painting my girlfriends Orks at the moment. I promised her to at least paint her warboss before I continue with my World eaters.

Mage
17-04-2013, 23:27
The tester marine and Angron are nice, but I am not a fan of the small pics, even when clicking on them and slide showing them.

Why dont you post some more pics of your army? Any conversions you'd like to show off?

Fizzy
18-04-2013, 04:30
Alright. I will use photobucket. I tried this because people usually complain about too big pictures :)

I actually will take an army shot once I finished building the army. Should be next week. But I will try to show my version of Kharn during the Heresy based on the artwork in "Betrayer".

All I am waiting for now is special weapons pack and chains for my rampagers.

Mage
18-04-2013, 05:44
Guess you cant please all of the people all of the time :)

Fizzy
19-04-2013, 10:11
Guess you cant please all of the people all of the time :)

No I certainly cannot. But since you are the first poster I will listen to the critique and use photobucket for bigger pictures :)

Mage
21-04-2013, 08:20
Cool. Rated your thread. Is all that stuff on your list Forge World? Expensive, and impressive! A Typhon in the World Eater's colours is screaming to be done!

Fizzy
21-04-2013, 21:55
Yes all but the drop pod and 1 rhino :) Thanks for the rating!

Rest is from Forge World.

I will do my best to make it look ace. I think I need a little brighter blue perhaps to make it fit all right.

Waiting for a weapon pack as well to finish of my command squad.

cpl_hicks
21-04-2013, 22:04
Dude what you have done so far looks great, cannot wait to see a whole army

Fizzy
22-04-2013, 15:24
Thanks.

Got the last parts for my last dreadnought today. I also got the weapon pack and the Thallax Cohort after waiting a long time.

Dread is built and I think he will be the next to paint.

Mage
22-04-2013, 21:07
I think the blue is fine as it is. If you want to make it brighter though, go for it!

Oooh, Thalax? You gonna swap 'em around between loyalists and traitiors, or a pre-betrayal army?

Also, out of curiosity, what do you do to clean the mold residue from the models? I have read up on and heard of techniques, but I am just curious. I reason your technique with it would be about equal to your painting, that is to say good.

Fizzy
23-04-2013, 01:59
Nha I am gonna keep them traitors. But I will make them look a bit darker and maybe some odd tubes to make them look like they are turning into Dark Mechanicum. I will make more mechanicum units in the future. For now 1 troop and 1 HQ will fit the bill as allies :)

I carefully cut the piece off with a simple hobby knife, then I scrape off/cut off the flash parts/any mould chunks left. I then use soft (Very soft) sandpapper to get last small parts and get a smooth surface. I then wash the models and prime them. Pretty simple. But I got a lot of luck with my FW orders. They are never bent or damaged. The mould chunks are rarely big or in the way.

I dont know if that helped at all. Sorry if my english is a bit off. It's late but I can't stop building :)

Mage
23-04-2013, 02:25
Your English is perfect dude, seriously :)

That has been great help. I am doing an order soon from FW, and I am just afraid of getting pieces caked in the injection mold residue that will cause paint to chip off, and that my normal techniques might not be up to the challenge.

Star Forge Smith
23-04-2013, 02:39
Angron looks fantastic.There's something about that dirty, gritty, splattered look. His face is also suprisingly expressive.

Plus, hazard stripes on the axes - yay!

Fizzy
23-04-2013, 18:55
Thanks guys!

I am quite mad at myself for a certain reason. My brain tells me its a great idea to split the World eater army into 2 and make the second half into heresy Emperors children or Word bearers.

That would leave me with 2750pts World eaters with the new stuff that arrived.

And 2750pts of the new army.

I would remove 20 marines and 5 termies, Command squad, preator, 1 rhino, 1 dread, 6 autocannons and the spartan. But at the same time I feel that it would be a stupid move.

I think I should wait perhaps. I am a bit to crazy with the heresy theme and armies.

Bigglesworth
23-04-2013, 19:46
Well unless you want to work on them both at the same time you can always make a decision after you've done half of them :)

Oh and nice WE!

cpl_hicks
23-04-2013, 21:11
The other choice would be 2000 points of each heresy force, it's just an idea :)

Fizzy
23-04-2013, 23:57
The other choice would be 2000 points of each heresy force, it's just an idea :)

Meh I dont fancy the Death Guards and Sons of Horus actually. I made two lists earlier today and it would work out. Both would get troops, anti tank, anti infantry and some anti air :) Also quite good HQ choices.

@Bigglesworth: Thanks :) Well I think I will paint the planned WE part first and see if I get tired of WE I will paint some Emperors Children.

Some paint has fallen onto a dread!

DarkSoldier
24-04-2013, 00:07
My only critique is that Angron is described as having iron teeth in the literature and your paint work doesn't reflect that.

Fizzy
24-04-2013, 03:09
My only critique is that Angron is described as having iron teeth in the literature and your paint work doesn't reflect that.

I havent read that anywhere in the latest black library books nor wikis? Please tell me the source. I would love to read up on more facts about him.

Bigglesworth
24-04-2013, 13:01
I havent read that anywhere in the latest black library books nor wikis? Please tell me the source. I would love to read up on more facts about him.

Its described in the latest book "Betrayer" I think, not sure if its mentioned before then. Its apparently common for WE to loose teeth due to all the dueling, so they just get iron ones rather than a longer wait for more advanced dentistry. Though Angron must be taking some horrific punishment for a primarch to sustain permanent damage like that. Though I think your angrons fine because he would have had all his teeth at some point!

Have not finished Betrayer yet but I would say its really good info for WE fans.

Fizzy
24-04-2013, 15:55
Its described in the latest book "Betrayer" I think, not sure if its mentioned before then. Its apparently common for WE to loose teeth due to all the dueling, so they just get iron ones rather than a longer wait for more advanced dentistry. Though Angron must be taking some horrific punishment for a primarch to sustain permanent damage like that. Though I think your angrons fine because he would have had all his teeth at some point!

Have not finished Betrayer yet but I would say its really good info for WE fans.

I have read it but I've must have missed that part :) And my Angron is based on battles before that book so its fine I guess. (Dont read spoiler if you havent read the book)

And since Angron turns into a deamon in the end as well I would not like to make my Angron appear to be in the final moments of his normal body :) . No I wanted to portray him like its a few weeks after Istavaan III

Really good book actually. You will love the ending and get more info than before :)

Mage
24-04-2013, 19:36

The Forge World model painted on the website with a close up does not appear to have iron teeth, and this is the first I've heard of it unless I overlooked something in the books. It's not an important part of the story or detail.

Regarding splitting the army in two, or three, the next book could make you want to do a different legion again...

Bigglesworth
24-04-2013, 20:11
I have read it but I've must have missed that part :) And my Angron is based on battles before that book so its fine I guess. (Dont read spoiler if you havent read the book)

And since Angron turns into a deamon in the end as well I would not like to make my Angron appear to be in the final moments of his normal body :) . No I wanted to portray him like its a few weeks after Istavaan III

Really good book actually. You will love the ending and get more info than before :)

Yikes, nearly read it when I quoted you, have not read the book yet... Though the development early in the book makes battle for the abyss even more pointless IMO.

Though my secret wish is Corax coming out of the Lex's broom closet and stabbing Logar in the face, though thats probably unlikely :)

Fizzy
24-04-2013, 20:57
Yikes, nearly read it when I quoted you, have not read the book yet... Though the development early in the book makes battle for the abyss even more pointless IMO.

Though my secret wish is Corax coming out of the Lex's broom closet and stabbing Logar in the face, though thats probably unlikely :)

Yeah that is highly unlikely. The only reason I like Lorgar is that he saves Angron a lot and have a feeling that Angron is useful. Other than that he is not my type of Primarch ;)

I aiming for 2 armies now. 3500pts each. I am selling some stuff in my country. My plan is to finish WE first. And then the Emperors children and make them fight each other in a diorama.

NOTE: Making the EC loyalists and WE are traitors.

Got inspired by the post FW did with the WE standing over the EC marine on Facebook. I think I've seen it here on Warseer by someone before.

cpl_hicks
24-04-2013, 21:54
Meh I dont fancy the Death Guards THAT IS HERESY, i banish you to the eye of terror :D

Got inspired by the post FW did with the WE standing over the EC marine on Facebook. I think I've seen it here on Warseer by someone before.

That would be HERE! (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?327608-Conquer-the-universe!-Pre-Heresy-space-marines&p=6735307&viewfull=1#post6735307)

Bigglesworth
24-04-2013, 22:01
Loyalist EC is probably a good way to go, otherwise they only fight one battle in the heresy before they start to become corrupted.

Fizzy
25-04-2013, 02:25
@:cpl_hicks: I actually had plans on getting an army with them but I dont fancy them in Pre heresy ^^ As for eye of terror I am already there with Angron. (Not fun to play UNO with, he got a temper)

Ahh yes! Thank you.

@:Bigglesworth: Also it would be good to play on both sides this summer in an arranged apocalypse game. I hope people let me fight myself!
Also purple marines fighting for the Imperium just makes me smile :)

Fizzy
11-07-2013, 20:33
Hello! I apologise for my abscence. I have moved almost 2 hours away from my hometown and my father. I am now living with my girlfriend. I just started to pack up my army stuff and I have news. I repainted Angron. I was not happy with him. But now I am. I hope that I will get some things painted before I get a full time job. After that I will have less time.

I have also played a game with my girlfriend. It felt unfair to let Angron loose on her Ork horde. He took 2 wounds but killed 3 nobs and 2 HQ in challenges. He also blew up the looted tank. Next time I wont bring him. We was far too overpowered for 2000pts games.

I am hoping to fix my camera soon and get you some pictures.

I will also start a Emperors children thread in the future. In this moment Fulgrim and a few terminators are heading to me.

gonzosbignose
12-07-2013, 11:34
Another one from Skane!!!

Hey Fizzy, My name is Daniel and I am a wargamer!!!

I moved over from the UK to Sweden about 2 months ago and living just outside of Hassleholm down in Skane.

Already had a chat with SKDKDZ (or something like that) who lives over your way, so thought id say boo!

Think the World eaters are looking fab!

Regards

My name is Daniel and I am a wargamer

Fizzy
16-07-2013, 05:11
Hello Daniel :) I moved recently so I am not living in Skåne anymore actually. I live in Halland, bordering to Skåne.

I have had a chat with him as well. Nice guy and a good hobbyist.

Thanks for the kind words :)

I wish you the best of luck here in Sweden as well :)

Fizzy
16-07-2013, 05:12
Hello Daniel :) I moved recently so I am not living in Skåne anymore actually. I live in Halland, bordering to Skåne.

I have had a chat with him as well. Nice guy and a good hobbyist.

Thanks for the kind words :)

I wish you the best of luck here in Sweden as well :)

gonzosbignose
17-07-2013, 14:32
Ah ok... Ive driven up through there to Goteburg earlier in the year. Passed the infamous Ullered!!!

Keep up the good work

MY name is Daniel and I am a wargamer