PDA

View Full Version : Deamons 5+ ward

Desd
14-04-2013, 20:21
So please tell me if im wrong which i believe i am. I remember hearing or reading somewhere that Daemons don't get their ward save against magical attacks. i just played a daemon player and i told him this, we discussed it and I couldn't find that anywhere in the rule book so he got his ward save. I just want to know for sure i'm wrong that's why i'm posting thanks. (and why i thought that in the first place???)

theunwantedbeing
14-04-2013, 20:27
Well if you can't find it in the rules, it isn't there.
Simple as that :)

Losing the ward was a rule from older editions.

Saldiven
14-04-2013, 20:37
The only current army that loses it's ward saves against magical attacks is Wood Elves.

Kalandros
15-04-2013, 02:37
Plus Daemons already have ways to lose the Ward Save by rolling a 4 on 2d6 on the Winds of Magic roll, makes it a 6+ instead.

Saldiven
15-04-2013, 13:09
Plus Daemons already have ways to lose the Ward Save by rolling a 4 on 2d6 on the Winds of Magic roll, makes it a 6+ instead.

And, if two DoC players are playing against each other, consecutive rolls of 4 would result in a turn where there were no ward saves at all....

RanaldLoec
15-04-2013, 13:11
And, if two DoC players are playing against each other, consecutive rolls of 4 would result in a turn where there were no ward saves at all....

Brilliant little nerf on top of the random gifts :evilgrin:

yeknoMehT
15-04-2013, 14:43
Whereas two consecutive rolls of 10 (exactly the same probability) results in everyone having a 3+ ward (2+ for the masque after a single roll of 10...)

Saldiven
15-04-2013, 16:55
Kairos could have a 1+ ward save after two rolls of 10, and you could re-roll one die on it....

Kalandros
15-04-2013, 18:26
Kairos has a 4+ ward

And this only happens on the turn both DoC players have rolled 10

Saldiven
15-04-2013, 20:11
Kairos has a 4+ ward

And this only happens on the turn both DoC players have rolled 10

Whoops. Forgot his ward save had changed.

And, yes, we were discussing the silliness that ensues if both DoC players make the same roll on consecutive turns.

Mr_Rose
15-04-2013, 20:58
Oughtta be a "battles in the realm of chaos" supplement with rules for a fully mysterious battlefield including ravines that sprout teeth and attack, and buildings that decide they don't like being shot at and run away. That way we can have a battle where the magical flux table is the least of your worries….

Lord Inquisitor
15-04-2013, 21:13

I've had this happen in my first DoC vs DoC battle...

furrie
16-04-2013, 07:36
Oughtta be a "battles in the realm of chaos" supplement with rules for a fully mysterious battlefield including ravines that sprout teeth and attack, and buildings that decide they don't like being shot at and run away. That way we can have a battle where the magical flux table is the least of your worries….

You can always make those rules with your gaming group.

Piercefierce
17-04-2013, 08:29
Wow i really like the idea of "battles in the realm of chaos" they should deffinatly make rules for that in a whitedwarf or something. Since the release of the daemon book that chart has hurt my opponents 10 times more than me. I consider it a problem for them not me haha. The slaanesh one is so good! bye bye any chaff unfortunate enough to roll 6. Im yet to play Daemon on Daemon but it sounds fun. Usually im not a fan of the same army versing each other but this one just sounds right.