PDA

View Full Version : Skaven 1000 point army of Clan Daggger

Skreet Verminkin
16-04-2013, 20:30
let us start with the key to this chest, your avatar in this case, The General.
I have a Warlord (Skreet Verminkin) (90 points)+ Enchanted shield (10 points), Biting blade (5 points), Dragonhelm (10points), Ruby ring of ruin & a warplock pistol (8 points). TOTAL:148 points (Lord).
next is my wizard, he is a Level 2 warlock engineer (who knows spell's from the ruin section) (100points)+ Halberd (I mad it 2 points because the chieftain does & it's in the same section), warpstone Armour (he CAN have it (4+ S4 successful Armour saves) (30 points) & a warp energy condenser (5+ regular channel + warp lightning does D6+2 wounds). TOTAL: 152 points (Hero).
10 Stormvermin with full command & banner of dripping death (95+30) (Bodyguard of skreet) TOTAL: 125 points (core).
40 Clanrats with shields & full command (recommend having warlock with it): 200 points (core).
Ratling gun: 55 points (same type as unit it is with).
Poisoned wind mortar: 65 points (same type as unit it is with).
5 warplock jezzails: 100 points (special).
doomwheel: 150 points (rare).
GRAND TOTAL: 1000 points, viable army.:) :)Do you like it?

KingFerret
16-04-2013, 20:48
I don't play skaven however:

Your warlord can't have both the dragonhelm and the enchanted shield sadly as they are both magic armours.

You have two combat blocks, but you don't really want your clanrats in combat as they contain a squishy wizard (I don't know what this Warpstone Armour is but wizards usually can't have armour and even with it I can't imagine him being particularly hard to kill). Your other combat block is so small as to be negligible but contains your oh so important (as a low ld army) general. This unit will get blasted with all the shooting and magic of the enemy army, and simply won't hold up. So yeah these two units just don't look very solid to me.

I would probably lose some of the toys (ruby ring, warpstone armour, dragonhelm, ratling gun and jezzails) and use the spare points to buy a minimum sized slave bunker for the wizard and bump up the stormvermin to probably a minimum of 20 if you can get there. Otherwise that unit is just going to die every game and as soon as your clanrats get into combat the wizard will die too leaving you characterless...not a good position for skaven.

yeknoMehT
16-04-2013, 21:45
let us start with the key to this chest, your avatar in this case, The General.
I have a Warlord (Skreet Verminkin) (90 points)+ Enchanted shield (10 points), Biting blade (5 points), Dragonhelm (10points), Ruby ring of ruin & a warplock pistol (8 points). TOTAL:148 points (Lord).
next is my wizard, he is a Level 2 warlock engineer (who knows spell's from the ruin section) (100points)+ Halberd (I mad it 2 points because the chieftain does & it's in the same section), warpstone Armour (he CAN have it (4+ S4 successful Armour saves) (30 points) & a warp energy condenser (5+ regular channel + warp lightning does D6+2 wounds). TOTAL: 152 points (Hero).
10 Stormvermin with full command & banner of dripping death (95+30) (Bodyguard of skreet) TOTAL: 125 points (core).
40 Clanrats with shields & full command (recommend having warlock with it): 200 points (core).
Ratling gun: 55 points (same type as unit it is with).
Poisoned wind mortar: 65 points (same type as unit it is with).
5 warplock jezzails: 100 points (special).
doomwheel: 150 points (rare).
GRAND TOTAL: 1000 points, viable army.:) :)Do you like it?

From the sound of things, you are assuming the warlock engineer can have a halberd? If it isn't on his army book entry, he can't take one.
As mentioned, you can only have maximum one magic item of each type per character.

I agree with taking some slaves if you have the models - at 1000 points, it has even more of a psychological effect when your opponent sees massive blocks of stuff, even if they're rubbish...

More stormvermin is the order of the day - 20 is ok, 25-30 is better.

I'd be very tempted to take a BSB.

Reasonable to think along the lines of 3 units, 3 fairly cheap characters and a doomwheel (or other machine of choice). Try not to get carried away with the shiny toys, it leaves you exceptionally vulnerable at low points, as you don't have the big blocks to sit in the way to protect them.

Grey Seer Kwokka
17-04-2013, 08:13
- Warlord gearing is a bit all over the show. Either gear him defensively and keep him in the back-lines to provide a LD bubble or gear offensively and stick him in the Stormvermin.

- Speaking of the Stormvermin, you don't have enough of them. 30 is a bare minimum for this points level. Find the points for them or ditch them. Removing the Ratling Gun would be an ideal first step as they are subpar in the current meta.

- If your Warlock is being bunkered, reduce the size of the Clanrats and keep them out of combat if able. Although Warpstone Armour is usable by casting Warlock Engineers, he's still going to be reasonably squishy in the front rank of close combat. At the very least if you must force combat, keep him in the corner to minimise attacks against him. Your Warlock cannot uses halberd as they are not available to him.

- A single unit of Skavenslaves at least will do well to bulk your numbers at this points level. 30-40 with or without shields will do well.

Skreet Verminkin
25-04-2013, 17:32
once, this one the first of games against vampire counts.
the warlock engineer can take warpstone Armour (4+ and S4 successful Armour) and unfortunately the model has a halberd on its, I have no slaves and only 10 stormies models for now, the doomwheel I had once it got 2 misfires and barely did anything the warplock jezzails and ratling deleted some zombies (15ish) and 2/3 of the wights. and I'm on empire building now.
also some people have 2 same category magic items (like ruby ring of ruin with Ironcurse icon)

Wilhelm das Blutige
25-04-2013, 17:48
From the sound of things, you are assuming the warlock engineer can have a halberd? If it isn't on his army book entry, he can't take one.The Warlock Engineer that comes with the Island of Blood set (Warlock Engineer Ratchitt) has a halberd. If you download GWs pdf (http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1400573a_tIoBRefSheet.pdf) for the stats for the Island of Blood units, it even states that Warlock Engineer Ratchitt has a halberd (whether warlock engineers can have halberds according to the army book is another matter).

The French Guy
26-04-2013, 15:53
Hi!
I would try to field:

1 BSB (give him a good banner or defensive loadout)
2 * warlocks (1 doomrocket, maybe 1 dispell scroll, 1 of them as a lvl1 maybe both if pts left)
2 * 60 slaves (music)
30 stormvermins (music, stand)
Hell Pit abomination (spikes)

Hope it helps!