PDA

View Full Version : Storm of magic beginner

twistedmagpie
17-04-2013, 13:56
Iíve just been introduced to Storm of Magic, yet to play a game but have read the rulebook. I wanted to run this by you all to see what thoughts may help. Iíve written up the following 3000pt list:

General - Grey Seer (Earthing rod) 310pt
Grey Seer 240pt
Warlord (Shield, Warpstone Armour) 123pt
Warlord (Shield, Glittering Scales) 118pt

Cheiftain (BSB, Shield, Crown of Command) 107pt
Plague Priest (Lvl 2) 135pt
Plague Priest (Lvl 2) 135pt
Warlock Engineer (Lvl 1) 65pt
Warlock Engineer (Lvl 1) 65pt

Clanrat x 25 (FC, spear, shield, Warpfire Thrower) 240pt
Clanrat x 25 (FC, spear, shield, Warpfire Thrower) 240pt
Clanrat x 20 (FC, shield) 120pt
Slaves x 40 (Musician, shield) 102pt
Slaves x 40 (Musician, shield) 102pt
Stormvermin x 20 (FC. Poisoned wind mortar) 230pt

Plague Monks x 20 (FC) 165pt
Rat Ogre x 2 (Packmaster) 88pt
Rat Ogre x 2 (Packmaster) 88pt

Abom 235pt
Warp Lightening Cannon 90pt
Warp Lightening Cannon 90pt

My idea is to have the 2 Grey Seers on my initial fulcrums with a unit of 25 clanrats in front of each, a WLC on each side or hill if available. My chieftain in between each fulcrum in the unit of 20 clanrats for his protection. With the slaves to run up each side to counteract any incoming enemy units. With Stormvermin & Warlord, Plague Monks & Warlord, 2 units of ogres to go out capturing enemy towers or assist with flanking where necessary. Plague Priests to take over enemy towers when cleared. Abom to just cause general mayhem everywhere it can.

Iíd considered Taking out a Warlock Engineer and giving my general a talisman of preservation (keeping him on the ground, out of the way) although this may leave me short on mages.

This all comes to 2993 pts. Do you think Iíll want to remove any units/ characters to make way for more magic items? If so which units and items would be suggested? Any other hints or thoughts will be useful.