PDA

View Full Version : Odd character question

igortheugly
19-04-2013, 07:45
In doubles (standard rules being used) can you
a) place an unstable ethereal character in a normal breakable allied unit
b) if answer to a) is yes how would combat resolution work?

We have had a look in the BRB and there are lots of rules around characters not joinung ethereals/unstable units but no obvious ones regarding this scenario in the BRB or errata's that we could find.

It is not my army doing this but I think it is a really clever move if legal.

Interesting to hear opinions backed up by BRB/errata pages refs if possible please

thanks

kefkah
19-04-2013, 09:17
Etheral is no problem, its the unstable that makes it trickey.

Im saying it off the bat, whatever i say/you say, you have to house-rule this,since there is no way to have a unstable hero and a non-unstable units, only the other way around (regular heroes cant join swarms or other unstable stuff) and so wont be in the rules.

My logic on a houserule would be no, unstable characters cant join non-unstable units since the only ruling in the brb states that non-unstable characters cant join unstable units.

The solution is to houserule it that he loses unstable rule when he joints a unit, or that he cant. You guys decidie, but as far as looking in the rulebook for this kind of thing i would say its pretty pointless.

Mr_Rose
19-04-2013, 09:53
A) it appears you can, yes.
B) looks like he takes all the unstable wounds himself as he has no unit to pass them on to.

Seems like a bad idea to me.

yeknoMehT
19-04-2013, 10:32
Can characters even join allied units at all?

igortheugly
19-04-2013, 11:23
It is being placed in the host unit to:
a) increase ld for psychology
b) terror & scream on the charge
c) magic missile protection
d) spreading of characters to minimise losses/maximise ld

not exactly my idea but it may catch some opponents out

T10
19-04-2013, 11:59
Can characters even join allied units at all?

Yes, depending on the trust-level of the alliance.

-T10