PDA

View Full Version : 3000 Point Warriors of Chaos....many many toys.

CmdrLaw
22-04-2013, 09:25
Hey there, this is a list I am thinking of bringing to a fun narrative weekend. Wanted to have a decent amount of centrepieces and impressive models but still be effective. No immediate concerns pop out at me but wanted to see what others are thinking.

3000 Pts - Warriors of Chaos Roster

Daemon Prince (1#, 530 pts)
General; LVL 4; Mark of Nurgle; Chaos Armour; Daemonic Flight;
. . . . 1 Sword of Striking
. . . . 1 Charmed Shield
. . . . 1 Dragonbane Gem
. . . . 1 Soul Feeder
. . . . 1 Flaming Breath
. . . . 1 Scaled Skin (Scaly Skin)

Throgg (1#, 195 pts)

Exalted Hero (1#, 198 pts)
Battle Standard Bearer; Mark of Nurgle; Shield;
. . . . 1 Biting Blade
. . . . 1 Dragonhelm
. . . . 1 Talisman of Endurance

Chaos Trolls (7#, 266 pts)
Extra Hand Weapon;

Chaos Warriors (17#, 309 pts)
Standard Bearer; Aspiring Champion; Mark of Nurgle; Shields;

Chaos Warriors (18#, 316 pts)
Standard Bearer; Mark of Nurgle; Shields;

Chaos Warhounds (5#, 30 pts)

Chaos Warhounds (5#, 30 pts)

Chimera (1#, 275 pts)
Flaming Breath; Regenerating Flesh;

Chaos Knights (5#, 235 pts)
Standard Bearer; Mark of Nurgle; Ensorcelled Weapons;

Gorebeast Chariot (3#, 140 pts)
Mark of Nurgle; Causes Fear;

Skullcrushers of Khorne (3#, 264 pts)
Musician; Standard Bearer; Ensorcelled Weapons;
. . . . 1 Banner of Eternal Flame

Chaos Dwarf Hellcannon (4#, 210 pts)

Total Roster Cost: 2998

I would rather have more Skullcrushers than the Knights, but I already own some knights and this is a much cheaper option.

kalleha
22-04-2013, 23:47
As you said yourself, nothing giant jumps out. My only observation would be that you seem to be trying to do a little bit of everything with this list as opposed to dedicating yourself to one theme; you've got monstrous inf, monstrous cav, and monsters in addition to the standard rank and file.

Also, taking Throgg also seems like kind of a half measure, being kind of new to 8th edition myself, what I understand, is that most people's motivation for running him is as part of a monster themed army. I see that you'd be short on core if you swapped him out, but it might be worth considering, especially since you seem kind of lacking in magic.

Again though, don't let other people tell you how to run your list, I'm also completely new to 8th ed WoC.

Cheers, and good luck!

Morax
23-04-2013, 14:26
His reasonings may be a little off but, Kalleha is right, seems like you went with a lot of half measures. The point of taking Throgg isn't to do a theme for most players, its because Chaos Trolls are your most cost effective core unit. At 630 points for a full horde, it is a crazy effective way to pay your core tax. With out looking at the book for long I quickly figured I'd be running a Throgg list competitively. I suggest you embrace big fast units as they just work better. I'd drop a unit of infantry and take more trolls, dropping the unit of 18 warriors would get you 9 more trolls, and field them as your center. The rest of your list is then well designed to support this unit if handled well.

CmdrLaw
24-04-2013, 08:25
Thats a very good idea, I do like the Horde of Trolls.

Only issue is I am using these for my Nurlge theme:
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer/Warhammer_Monsters/NURGLE-BILE-TROLLS.html

And picking up another 9 is rather pricey. Have a bunch of Warriors already. But it is something that could be built up over time :)

I just really like Throgg :)