PDA

View Full Version : 3,000 Greenskins Gunline

sigmarus
24-04-2013, 01:51
So I am not sure how viable this army is, but its a funny idea that I would like to get feedback on.

Black orc warboss, sheild, ironcurse icon
Savage orc great shaman, 4, shrunken head
night goblin great shaman, 4, dispel scroll
goblin big boss, bsb, light armor, sheild, great weapon, spider banner (poison)

24 savage orc big uns, extra choppa, full command
42 night goblns, short bows, nets, standard, musician, 2 fanatics
40 night goblns, short bows, nets, standard, musician, 2 fanatics
5 goblin wolf riders, spears, shields, standard
5 goblin wolf riders, spears, shields, standard

10 spear chukkas
19 black orcs, sheild, full command, banner of eternal flame

3 rock lobbas
3 doom divers
3 mangler squigs.

Upgrading this list to 3500 points would add a rock lobba, 2 pump wagons, 2 spear chukkas, 4 individual trolls, 5 black orcs, and some extra goblins.
Upgrading this list to 4,000 points would add an additional unit of 24 night goblins, bows, standard, 3 more pump wagons, a boar chariot, 3 night goblin big bosses with great weapons, and the warboss would be equipped with a 4+ ward and glittering scales.

Idea is to sit back and have enough shooting to take out your opponent. fanatics, manglers, pump wagons, trolls, and wolf riders slow the opponents down for 2-3 turns while you weaken their forces. one night goblin regiment has 40 shots with poison on either 6's or 5's and 6's if I get that spell off.

Please feel free to critique this list and idea in any way shape or form.

Kalandros
24-04-2013, 06:02
You have so few units and they are all small in size. If your shooting doesn't go as you like, you're screwed.

Arnizipal
24-04-2013, 07:10
It's an interesting idea, that's for sure :p
Are you allowed to take so many spear chukkaz? I thought there was a limit on taking multiples of the same unit...

To stay with the theme, why not give your savages and wolf riders bows as well?

Wharfrat1979
24-04-2013, 13:40
Try going with rarer boyz on the second unit they have a longer range and can still fight if need be. Watch malorians last YouTube vids he tried the same idea with a bit different makeup