PDA

View Full Version : 2 beastmen 2500 lists - the votes are in!

ellisk
24-04-2013, 22:44
After reading your comments it was clear which of the two lists you guys preferred so I've written both lists up again with the suggestions and were see if that make a difference,

List 1:
Great bray shaman w/ level 4, fencers blades, many limbed fiend, jagged dagger and talisman of preservation =345

Wargor w/BSB, beast banner, h.armor, shield, gnarled hide =206

Bray shaman w/ level 2, staff of sorcery=145

Bray shaman w/ level 2, shard of herdstone

Bray shaman w/ level 2, dispel scroll=130

50 gor w/ AHW and command = 425

40 bestigor w/ razor standard , command =555

Unit of 5 harpies = 55

20 ungor w/ spear, msi and sb = 1
30 gor w/ AHW, f.command =265

1 razorgor = 55

1 razorgor = 55

List 2:

Great bray shaman w/ level 4, fencers blades, many limbed fiend, jagged dagger and talisman of preservation =345

Wargor w/BSB, beast banner, h.armor, shield, gnarled hide =206

Bray shaman w/ level 2, ring of ruin, talisman of*endurance =160

50 gor w/ ahw, command =425

2 units of 5 harpies = 110

40 bestigor w/ razor standerd, command = 555

1 razorgor = 55

1 razorgor = 55

4 units of 5 raiders w/musi =132

30 gor w/ AHW, command = 265

30 ungor w/ spears, command = 189

I really like both lists and I'm really interested to see what you guys make of it :)

fishound7
25-04-2013, 05:14
Imo staff of sorcery is not worth it on a lvl 2. From how I understand it. Your lvl 4 will outdo your lvl 2 in dispelling. Meaning your going to have +4 dispel on your lvl 4. I guess it could be useful if your lvl 4 dies and then you'll have a backup of +3 dispel which isn't terrible. I don't think its worth the points thou. I'm pretty sure you do not receive a +5 dispel if the staff is on your lvl 2. You would if it was on your gbs though.

I guess its useful to have a bunch of lvl 2's at the herdstone. I try for cheap shamans. I'm assuming its still shadow. Taking that many lvl 2's should let you get the spells you wanted from shadow thou but its still dicey because you'll want maisma. Is that why your doing that? Just know that the upgrade is 105 points which are roughly two razorgors. So ... i dunno. I'd play test that and you make the judgment on how the lvl 2's perform. Seems like a lot of points thou.

I don't like taking character heavy lists but thats me. A lot of beastmen players don't mind doing that. I try to keep that as bare minimum. I try to shave points off everywhere also. In list 1 I don't know if the ungors are worth it at 20 models. I'm guessing this is a bunker? if it is you might want to drop the spears. If it is not a bunker I feel ungors are good in at least 30+ unit sizes and thats at the low end. In list 1 you only have 3 chaff units. If you drop the staff of sorcery and the bestie champ you can squeeze in another harpy unit which I'm sure will be more useful.

I don't want to suggest too much because I don't want to gut your list. Atm I think your 2nd list is stronger now mainly due to the chaff drops you have. You need a dispell scroll in list 2 thou. As a beastmen player imo you should always outchaff your opponent so you can position your besties with a good match up or at minimum match his amount of chaff.