PDA

View Full Version : 2000 points Van Hal Themed List (vampire counts)

madival
25-04-2013, 04:03
Been working on a themed list for my warhammer army for a couple of years now. Tell me what you think. Going with the theme for dead winter and the black plague

Lord

Fredrcik Van Hal- Henrick Kemmler

Heros

Johan Van Hal- Wight King with enchanted shield, sword of striking

Lothar von Diehl- Level 2 Lore of death necromancer book of akrhan

Core

black dead-30 skeletons with spears,shields, ligth armor with standard, champion

black dead-30 skeletons with spears,shields, ligth armor with standard, champion

Special

Greater abominations-6 crypt horrors

Greater abominations-6 crypt horrors

Rare

Cart of True plague- Mortis Engine with black tome

Dokter's Spider- Terrorghiest with rancid maw

Tell me what you think. It is a mix of competetive and fluffy. Here is some (bad) pictures of the models I will be using. Wight king stays with Kemmler and keeps him from being challenged. It is a nasty little combo. Death magic for the necromancer because it can kill alot of people. Also, the extra Van Hal spell from the book is really nice and fluffy.

http://lesserofallevils.blogspot.com/2013/04/themed-warhammer-fantasy-army-heresy.html

Borgomos
25-04-2013, 05:06
Problem with this list is that there is just no punch. You got 2 big anvils(C.ghouls) and a solid support(Geist-Mortis), but no chaff(Spirit Hosts\Wolves\Hexwraiths\Bats)\ no true hammer to actually pound the enemy and rack kills (Grave Guard\Vargheists\Black Knights\Blood Knights\Ghouls + Vamplord). Yes, Crypt Horrors have those poison attacks, but it won't cut it.

If a decent enemy gets to Kemmler, he just needs to nuke his bunker and combat resolution will handle him, so the Wight King is a bit moot. Better focus on protecting him by positioning.

I would not recommend spears on such small skeleton units.

EDIT: I have read your Lore, perhaps you would like to try Manfred instead ? He gets both Death and Vampire Loremaster which nets you spells that can actually kill stuff in the Death tree. He has a mean 5 wounds too.

madival
25-04-2013, 05:21
Problem with this list is that there is just no punch. You got 2 big anvils(C.ghouls) and a solid support(Geist-Mortis), but no chaff(Spirit Hosts\Wolves\Hexwraiths\Bats)\ no true hammer to actually pound the enemy and rack kills (Grave Guard\Vargheists\Black Knights\Blood Knights\Ghouls + Vamplord). Yes, Crypt Horrors have those poison attacks, but it won't cut it.

If a decent enemy gets to Kemmler, he just needs to nuke his bunker and combat resolution will handle him, so the Wight King is a bit moot. Better focus on protecting him by positioning.

I would not recommend spears on such small skeleton units.

EDIT: I have read your Lore, perhaps you would like to try Manfred instead ? He gets both Death and Vampire Loremaster which nets you spells that can actually kill stuff in the Death tree. He has a mean 5 wounds too.

at 2400 points, there is a black knight bus with tooled wight lord. Manfred is just so many points. The reason for spears is the skeletons will probably get regen so a ward save is kinda pointless. Also, the skeletons can be raised by kemller in droves. I just can't figure out how to get in hammers that fit theme at 2000 points.

Borgomos
25-04-2013, 05:27
Forgot about the Mortis! Spears should be fine.

I don't have the book with me, but he was not that expensive compared to Kemmler ? And if you take him, you can drop your other caster to lvl1, (since he will be hogging all your dice) and drop the Wight King as well since he can fend for himself, so i guessed that would even things up.

You can try keeping one unit of Cryptghouls and switch the other one with 6 Wargheists(I know the points arent exactly the same, but should be ok). or 4 Vargheists and 8 Ghouls.

And definitely take at least 1-2 chaff to occupy things that you don't want coming to your face :)

madival
25-04-2013, 18:07
manfred actually can't be taken at this point level as he is over the 500 point limit on lords. He is my almost my entire hero section more expensive than kemmler. I can drop a 5 skeletons from 2 units and get 2x5 units of dire wolves. As for crypt ghouls vs varghiets, I only have one type of model as they are converted so if I use one, everyone has to be one type