PDA

View Full Version : Daemon Primarchs Spoilers !

Ragnarfan_12
25-04-2013, 21:15
Soooo its a bit late seeing as AE and betrayer have been out for a while Hardback or TPB but I was just wpndering whats everyone think of the fact we already have the primarchs transforming ? Fulgrim and Angron are turned and I imagine mortaion will be soon lol I as far as I remember it wasn't said exactly when they all became changed did it? I only remember perturbo was after

MR.Tea
26-04-2013, 18:42
I'm intrested to se will all the primarch physically transform like Angron and Lucius...

Industrial Propaganda
26-04-2013, 19:24
Soooo its a bit late seeing as AE and betrayer have been out for a while Hardback or TPB but I was just wpndering whats everyone think of the fact we already have the primarchs transforming ? Fulgrim and Angron are turned and I imagine mortaion will be soon lol I as far as I remember it wasn't said exactly when they all became changed did it? I only remember perturbo was after

Magnus turns into a Daemon Prince at the end of A Thousand Sons.

Mortarion will turn into daemon when Horus' hordes will travel to assault Terra.

Lorgar will turn soon too, he is a daemon during the siege of the imperial palace.

Perturabo becomes a daemon prince after the horus heresy. When he fights the imperial fists in the iron cage.

MiyamatoMusashi
26-04-2013, 19:55
Soooo its a bit late seeing as AE and betrayer have been out for a while Hardback or TPB but I was just wpndering whats everyone think of the fact we already have the primarchs transforming ?

"Already"?

We're, what, 25 books into the series and you think it might be too soon for something awesome to happen?

Ragnarfan_12
26-04-2013, 20:54
I meant already as In like timeline wise lol it makes sense book wise and really Magnus is already a demon prince?

Industrial Propaganda
26-04-2013, 21:27
Yes, when he teleports into the Eye Of Terror with the Thousand Sons, Tzeentch changes him into a daemon.

Londinium
26-04-2013, 22:19
As far as I remember he hasn't turned into a Daemon Prince at the end of ATS. He unwillingly made a pact with Tzeentch and is sulking around the Planet of the Sorcerers. None of his depictions since have shown him to be particularly daemonic. It's not even certain whether he has fully cast in his lot with Tzeentch yet or if he's sulking around in a gilded cage, stuck with Tzeentch but not fully worshipping it.

As far as Fulgrim/Angron go. I'm not that bothered by it really. I wouldn't have minded Fulgrim going later (ignoring my dislike for the Laer sword/then the switcheroo with the daemon possessing him - both of which were lame) but it's not a game breaker. Angron going Daemon Prince already is fine and the way it's handled in Betrayer is excellent. As far as I remember even back from the original HH stories, Angron had already gone DP by the time of Terra anyway.

Industrial Propaganda
27-04-2013, 22:09
As far as I remember he hasn't turned into a Daemon Prince at the end of ATS. He unwillingly made a pact with Tzeentch and is sulking around the Planet of the Sorcerers. None of his depictions since have shown him to be particularly daemonic. It's not even certain whether he has fully cast in his lot with Tzeentch yet or if he's sulking around in a gilded cage, stuck with Tzeentch but not fully worshipping it.

"A bright shape descended from the mountaintop, a wavering and indistinct form wreathed in the light of stars and the power of infinite possibility. Brilliant wings of shimmering aetheric fire unfolded from the figure’s back, and the Thousand Sons fell to their knees as their father’s light spread over them. Magnus landed softly before his sons and they stared in amazement as his light illuminated the bleak darkness of the world. This was no corporeal shell of a subtle body as worn by the primarch when he had walked among them. This was a body of light that could exist beyond the confines of the Great Ocean. Magnus had sacrificed the flesh that had contained his essence, and in so doing had ascended to a more evolved form, one free from the constraints of mortality and the limits of reality. “My sons,” said Magnus with weary resignation, “welcome to the Planet of the Sorcerers.”

Looks like Magnus is the first daemon primarch.

Asrai Syrion
27-04-2013, 23:41
"A bright shape descended from the mountaintop, a wavering and indistinct form wreathed in the light of stars and the power of infinite possibility. Brilliant wings of shimmering aetheric fire unfolded from the figure’s back, and the Thousand Sons fell to their knees as their father’s light spread over them. Magnus landed softly before his sons and they stared in amazement as his light illuminated the bleak darkness of the world. This was no corporeal shell of a subtle body as worn by the primarch when he had walked among them. This was a body of light that could exist beyond the confines of the Great Ocean. Magnus had sacrificed the flesh that had contained his essence, and in so doing had ascended to a more evolved form, one free from the constraints of mortality and the limits of reality. “My sons,” said Magnus with weary resignation, “welcome to the Planet of the Sorcerers.”

Looks like Magnus is the first daemon primarch.

You must be reading that different than me coz that does'nt come across daemon primarch to me, we all know the primarchs were created using some funky stuff and Magnus is the most psycicaly(?) evolved of them all its seems to he has just trancended flesh he has'nt changed horrifically like Fulgrim or Angron plus they both changed after sacrifices and rituals Magnus ain't done out like that

Mage
28-04-2013, 02:20
You must be reading that different than me coz that does'nt come across daemon primarch to me, we all know the primarchs were created using some funky stuff and Magnus is the most psycicaly(?) evolved of them all its seems to he has just trancended flesh he has'nt changed horrifically like Fulgrim or Angron plus they both changed after sacrifices and rituals Magnus ain't done out like that

Doesen't sound that Demonic to me, sounds more like its just his soul or spirit form/force. The description is a little vague and formless, and his personality does not sound changed (as would happen transforming into a demon) as he spakes the same way. 'Weary resignation' is hardly 'mad with power', or 'insane from what he has seen', and there is nothing particularly demonic about his description. If anything, the way it is written backs up what I say, with the grim world they are on being contrasted to 'his light illuminated the bleak darkness of the world.'

Chapters Unwritten
28-04-2013, 02:54
Lorgar, just for the record, is a daemon primarch already in Know No Fear.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Mage
28-04-2013, 04:54
Does know no fear happen (chronologically, not release wise) before betrayer?

Istlod
28-04-2013, 16:20
Does know no fear happen (chronologically, not release wise) before betrayer?

After. He's still human in Betrayer.

melgorth
28-04-2013, 16:45
Lorgar, just for the record, is a daemon primarch already in Know No Fear.

After. He's still human in Betrayer.

I'm pretty sure that Lorgar was not a Daemon prince in Know No Fear, Betrayer occurs after Know No Fear chronologically as Guilliman tracks Lorgar down as revenge for Calth and the destruction caused throughout the Ultramar System and fights him and Angron at the end of Betrayer and Lorgar is still human there.

shadowhawk2008
28-04-2013, 16:59
Lorgar is human in KNF. The "daemon" bit in it that attacked Guilliman I saw as nothing more than either a warp projection by Lorgar or some sort of an insta-Daemon summon.

Goosey_J
28-04-2013, 18:17
Magnus is not a DP yet, neither is Lorgar. Magnus becomes a DP some point before Ahriman casts the Rubrik, but at the moment he's simply given up his physical form. Lorgar is definitely still mortal in Betrayer, which ends after Erebus and Kor Phaeron have messed up Calth.

Londinium
28-04-2013, 22:08
Magnus is not a DP yet, neither is Lorgar. Magnus becomes a DP some point before Ahriman casts the Rubrik, but at the moment he's simply given up his physical form. Lorgar is definitely still mortal in Betrayer, which ends after Erebus and Kor Phaeron have messed up Calth.

Indeed (also indeed to everyone else that said so). I hope they don't turn Magnus DP until after the Heresy is ended. It's makes him a much more interesting character if he's still mortal and essentially at Terra just to get his revenge on the Emperor. Even more so if he's still 50/50 on Tzeentch until well after the Heresy is ended. The way his character is written in ATS, it makes no sense if he suddenly decides to throw his lot in with Tzeentch this early.

Industrial Propaganda
28-04-2013, 22:30

In Index Astartes, when Magnus joins Horus, he is a daemon prince too:

Everything that mattered to him was burning to the ground, and Magnus turned to what he knew best to save it. Magnus was swept upon the currents of the Warp, and there he found the knowledge he sought. His sorcerers, his beloved Legion, all the precious knowledge they had accumulated within the silver spires of the City of Light could still be saved. He discovered the solution looking back at him, as if it had always been there, watching his way, and subtly changing him to its own purpose. He beheld sorcery incarnate, promising knowledge, power and salvation. But this time it was on its own terms. Magnus was no longer the master of the way as he had believed himself, but servant to it. It is said that even then Magnus hesitated, but as he thought back to his city, his works, his knowledge and his brethren, reduced to fiery ruin at the command of his own father, he changed his allegiance for all time.

And in that instant, the City of Light, its silver towers and vast libraries and its Legion of Thousand Sons vanished from the face of Prospero, and the Imperium, forever. When Magnus and his Thousand Sons were seen again, it was above Istvaan V, fighting alongside Horus. Magnus had become a Daemon Prince of the Chaos god Tzeentch, Lord of Sorcery, and Changer of the Ways. The battle for their souls and their fate now so complete, it leaves one wondering whether it was ever truly in doubt.

Indeed (also indeed to everyone else that said so). I hope they don't turn Magnus DP until after the Heresy is ended. It's makes him a much more interesting character if he's still mortal and essentially at Terra just to get his revenge on the Emperor. Even more so if he's still 50/50 on Tzeentch until well after the Heresy is ended. The way his character is written in ATS, it makes no sense if he suddenly decides to throw his lot in with Tzeentch this early.

There is a picture of Magnus in the Collected Visions when he fights on Terra. He is called the Prince Of Change.

Anakwanar
29-04-2013, 08:21
Magnus would became a Demon Prince in the Thief of Illusion novel (which is written by G.McNeil and would be released as LIMIted E):skull:

Industrial Propaganda
29-04-2013, 16:02
Wow nice! :eek:

Never heared about this novel. Sounds great!

shadowhawk2008
29-04-2013, 16:44
I think that was meant as a joke.

Londinium
30-04-2013, 00:16
There is a picture of Magnus in the Collected Visions when he fights on Terra. He is called the Prince Of Change.

That looks like Magnus normally. He's always been a funky red giant with a single eye (why on earth humans follow a very unhuman looking thing has never been explained). As for the IA, A Thousand Sons changed an awful lot, especially in terms of Magnus' characterisation and relationship with Tzeentch. I wouldn't rely upon it too much under new continuity. Besides there's seven years between when we last saw Magnus and Terra, even if it does stick to old continuity, so there's absolutely nothing to say that Magnus has already been elevated.

Mage
30-04-2013, 08:43
Well, if Magnus is in the warp on the planet of the sorcerers, an unspecified amount of time could pass before throwing his lot in with Tzeentch, becoming a daemon prince/primarch, and/or going mad, and siding with Horus, and not necessarily in that order.

Goosey_J
30-04-2013, 13:28
I would probably ignore the IA article in terms of time line. Same with Collected Visions - the former has already changed in the books (Magnus has not ascended when they reach the Planet of Sorcerers, despite what some may think), the latter is going to be replaced by a more up to date art book very soon (I forget what it's called).

Fortheempire
12-05-2013, 23:41
I'm sure in one of the Ragnar Blackmane novels when he has the Spear thrown at him through the warp portal he's described as he was when he joined Chaos. Sure it says the spear hit him in his remaining eye. Then again, he could just projecting himself as he formerly was. For super daemons they sure like to stay clear of the battlefield. Cept Angron, he's just a bad-ass

Fortheempire
12-05-2013, 23:42
Plus what could Lorgar possibly be meditating on for 9-10 thousand years? Was he producing Guns N Roses last album?

baphomael
13-05-2013, 08:52
Plus what could Lorgar possibly be meditating on for 9-10 thousand years? Was he producing Guns N Roses last album?

Boom! Hahaha. Sigging that!

Fortheempire
14-05-2013, 17:19
Your very welcome to that haha