PDA

View Full Version : New Farsight Enclave Sept

The MensaVirus
26-04-2013, 05:32
Greetings,

For the last 8 years I have played Dark Angels and Crimson Fists almost exclusiively in 40K.
I really needed a change. Thus, I am leaving behind the depressing fluff of these two forces & joining the light(er) outlook of the Tau Empire. Originally i was going to create a planet near Mu'gulath bay for my new warriors to originate from but then I was (re)hooked by Farsights storyline(I love Tau). But I didn't want to paint an entire red and black force... So why not create an Enclave Sept, as the new codex says they have unique colour schemes. Thus was born the Sept Illa"Drim. I knew immediately I needed White in there as a bright trim (no depressing) so I decided to go for a dark opposite. Then it hit me, Black and Grey. Now these 3 colours seem depressing, but after testing on a fire warrior I found the colours work well, with the white spread around enough to counter the black.

So then came creating a nice good Sept system. after a couple posts here on warseer I had an idea (thanks to those who helped, looking at you rapterz).
This is the end Result...

Illadrim Prime: Ocean world with anti-grav cities. High scholarly levels, large earth caste population.
-Moon Ki'as: Fire warrior academy.
-Moon Gra'se: Mining site.
-Orbital Docks: Sept Fleet Base

Kor'vana : Gas Giant. Valuable Mining Site (Gases). Population Wiped Out by unidentified species.

Ra'vasa : Death world in near perpetual darkness. Strong alien activity. Presence of Lictor Strain. Hostile.
-Moon Ra'su: Research station
-Moon Ra'sa: Cadre Defence Station
-Moon Fi'or: Mining Site
-Moon Tr'ora: Currently under Terraformation

Illadrim Prime is made of 98% water. It consists of 58 anti-gravity platforms. These include foundries, a ship yard, various Earth Caste Academies and a high residential populace. Its main Fire Warrior Training Academy is found on the largest moon orbiting Illadrim Prime, Ki'as. The other moon, Gra'se, contains a large amount of Iridium which is mined for battlesuit materials and ionic weaponry.

Kor'vana is a Gas giant of substantial size. Evidence shows that a race once lived on similar anti-grav platforms as now found on Illadrim. It is possible that the creatures that wiped out this species are indeed the same as those on Ra'vasa.

Ra'vasa is a world almost always in near pitch black conditions due to the large size of its 4 orbiting moons. On the few occasions when it does catch light, this is only the reflection of moonlight from the distant sun. The planet has a large quantity of aliens thought to be of the same species as those who invaded the area now known as the "Zone of Silence". Of its 4 moons, Ra'su has an extensive deep space research station upon it due to its stable orbit. Directly opposite Ra'su is its twin, Ra'sa. A Cadre Defence station is mounted here to keep an eye on the planet and make sure nothing "escapes". its also the mounting point for various attempts of scourging the planet. They have been unsuccessful.
The other two moons have rapid orbits, spinning wildly around the planet. One contains small supplies of the nano-crystals needed to create battlesuit armour. The other, Tr'ora, is currently uninhabitable and is being terraformed for future use.

So what do you all think.
Send a reply if you have any opinions.
Regards,
Mensa

Koldegaard
26-04-2013, 07:42
Sounds really exciting!Looking forward to follow your blog here and yes.. Farsights fluff is absolutely delicious..

The MensaVirus
26-04-2013, 08:30
Early Army List:

Greetings,
I find myself with more spare time right now and thought I should put out an early form of my up and coming Cadre.
Please Comment on its make up as I've only bought a small portion so far.

Crisis Commander
-XV8-02 Iridium Suit
-Shield Generator
-Fusion Blaster & Onager Gauntlets

3 XV8 Crisis Suits
-2 Plasma Rifles
-2 Plasma Rifles
-2 Fusion Blasters & Target Lock

XV104 Riptide
-Heavy Burst Cannon & Twin-Linked Fusion Blaster
-Velocity Tracker & Early Warning Override

12 Fire Warriors
-Pulse Rifles
-Shas'ui with 2 Markerlight Drones
-EMP Grenades

Devilfish APC
-Smart Missile System
-Point Defense Relay
-Disruption Pods

12 Fire Warriors
-Pulse Rifles
-Shas'ui with 2 Markerlight Drones
-EMP Grenades

Devilfish APC
-Smart Missile System
-Point Defense Relay
-Disruption Pods

5 Pathfinders
-5 Pulse Carbines
-5 Markerlights
-Shas'ui & 2 Markerlight Drones

5 Pathfinders
-5 Pulse Carbines
-5 Markerlights
-Shas'ui & 2 Markerlight Drones

2 XV88 Broadside Battlesuits
-Velocity trackers
-Twin-Linked Heavy Rail Rifles & Twin-Linked Plasma Rifle
-2 Shield Drones

Hammerhead Gunship
-Commander Spearpoint (Longstrike)
-Submunitions Shot
-Smart Missile System
-Disruption pods
-Automated Repair
-Advanced targeting system

Total:1750

So this is my current list. I must say that I have doubts. The Crisis Teams seem a bit off to me, not as effective as they could be. The Riptide Heavy Burst cannon is a worry. Rolling for 12 Gets Hots shots on a overcharge is going to wound me half a dozen times. And markerlight drones are not as effective as I originally imagined.

Worrie aside I'd like to name each of my individual units and characters(Spearpoint is my tank ace, replacing Longstrike). Any names you think deserving of a group of mobile night fighters please put down for consideration. Odds are i'll use them.

With that I'll leave you and bid you a good night.
With regards,
Mensa

Koldegaard
26-04-2013, 09:21
I really dont understand the heavy burst cannon on your Riptide. I find myself absolutely in love with the Ion accelerator, ap2 large blast is simply amazing... :)

You gotta have a riptide named "the panther" or some other nocturnal hunter... http://www.enchantedlearning.com/coloring/nocturnal.shtml
Was looking through these myself... The Caiman i find awesome :)

The MensaVirus
27-04-2013, 03:45
I really dont understand the heavy burst cannon on your Riptide. I find myself absolutely in love with the Ion accelerator, ap2 large blast is simply amazing... :)

You gotta have a riptide named "the panther" or some other nocturnal hunter... http://www.enchantedlearning.com/coloring/nocturnal.shtml
Was looking through these myself... The Caiman i find awesome :)

1. Yes I am going to call it Panther, the name is perfect.

2. I'm going Heavy Burst Cannon more for story at the moment. These tau are trying to eradicate lots of Nids and thus their using the Heavy Burst Cannon.
- I have taken your idea into account and will probably use both anyway, but fluff wise its Heavy Burst cannon.

Thank you and continue to read.
Regards,
Mensa

Koldegaard
27-04-2013, 06:10
Yea great name;) i Will be following this..

The MensaVirus
27-04-2013, 06:20
Yea great name;) i Will be following this..

+++ And now entering the ring is XV104 Riptide "Panther"!+++

The MensaVirus
27-04-2013, 06:38
Recently I've had some spare time (finished my assignments finally) so I've painted up a batch of models in an incredibly basic colour scheme to see if Black & white works. Sorry about the low focus.

These three guys became my test batch (their the only guys around who are built, admittedly partially) and I thought the scheme looked quite dynamic.
Please put in your comments, and yes, you may say my painting is horrible.
With Regards,
Mensa

vinush
27-04-2013, 06:57
Not bad, but I think the white could use a little more definition, perhaps start with a mid to light grey and build up to white.

The MensaVirus
27-04-2013, 08:11
Not bad, but I think the white could use a little more definition, perhaps start with a mid to light grey and build up to white.

I'll try using dawnstone as a base. That should do the trick.

Edit: I just remembered that I used dawnstone base for Fire warriors but not Crisis. You're right it did work better. I just need to add another coat or two to finish the layers.

The MensaVirus
27-04-2013, 10:04
Back on the subject of fluff, I am currently trying to work out a name for my Shas'O ( Commander of Ra'sa Defence Station) and wanted it to also fit the theme of low light fighting. With my XV104 now known as "Panther" I figured my commander was deserving of a name. Please put in suggestions for my monster hunting Shas'O and possibly his elite XV8 team as well.

My Regards,
Mensa

Aryllon
18-05-2013, 20:54
Black & white should work pretty well I think. I like the concept, just can't see the photos to be 100% sure...

Definitely keep it up & show us how things progress!