PDA

View Full Version : Best Locus ability in a horde of Plaguebearers

SkavenKing
27-04-2013, 14:31
Discuss,

I would say Greater Locus because you get an extra rank worth of attacks that you could pop off a few extra hits

Im not a fan of the 5+ poison because you have an augment spell that can do that

Fecundity is okay ... but you want the horde that kills stuff , not a tarpit

Saldiven
27-04-2013, 14:50
Discuss,

I would say Greater Locus because you get an extra rank worth of attacks that you could pop off a few extra hits

Im not a fan of the 5+ poison because you have an augment spell that can do that

Fecundity is okay ... but you want the horde that kills stuff , not a tarpit

The advantage of the 5+ poison over the spell is that you actually have to cast the spell. You can fail to cast, have your opponent dispel, or just have a crappy winds of magic roll that all prevent you from getting that spell off. Also, there will be times when the other spells in the Lore are more needful at the time, such as the Toughness buff/debuff spell or any of the three damage spells to bring back Plaguebearer models. Having the 5+ Locus on one unit of Plaguebearers also gives you the option of using the 5+ poison spell on a different unit of Plaguebearers if you're running two, increasing the armies overall offensive output.

Kalandros
27-04-2013, 21:20
And I'd prefer to cast 5+ poison on a unit of beasts than a unit of plaguebearers... :D

Anyway, no locus for mine, too expensive - unless I take Epidemius and have him in a unit of PBs.

sulla
28-04-2013, 01:57
I would say the best locus ability for plaguebearers is the 'leave the herald at home and buy more plaguebearers' locus.

Kalandros
28-04-2013, 03:34
The Herald of nurgle is the best BSB for Daemons.
I keep mine cheap at 115 pts (no gifts or locus) but its also possible to dump 50 pts on the Fencer's Blades to make him even harder to kill.

selecta
28-04-2013, 14:09
Greater locus of fecundity makes my unit live a long time but in a Epidemius list should the hearld be left out?

nathan2004
29-04-2013, 05:31
I would say the best locus ability for plaguebearers is the 'leave the herald at home and buy more plaguebearers' locus.

lulz shame what Mat did to the heralds...And then he proceeds to gift the Warhammer world with his version of the Banner of the World Dragon.

sulla
29-04-2013, 05:40
lulz shame what Mat did to the heralds...And then he proceeds to gift the Warhammer world with his version of the Banner of the World Dragon.
It's not so much a problem with the daemon book as a problem with the core rules for targetting characters in cc. It doesn't just effect daemons, it makes most combat heroes a poor choice now. Since heroes haven't gotten a massive price decrease in the newer books, about all we can hope for is that 9th edition gives them a bit more protection.

decker_cky
29-04-2013, 16:17
The Herald of nurgle is the best BSB for Daemons.
I keep mine cheap at 115 pts (no gifts or locus) but its also possible to dump 50 pts on the Fencer's Blades to make him even harder to kill.

If you have a BSB, I think regen is worth considering. It protects both him and the unit, so makes for a pretty good deal. WS10 and regen 4+ is a solid defensive hero.

Kalandros
29-04-2013, 16:37
2W model worth 210 pts with at best a 4+ regen
I prefer keeping mine cheaper~