PDA

View Full Version : WoC (fast) cavalry force 2000 points

Valden
28-04-2013, 19:05
I usually play WoC as a Nurglic/Khornate heavy infantry force bolstered with Ogres and/or a Chimera, so this list is something different. The list makes good use of vanguard, and will pose an early threat. However, the complete lack of infantry means the force has little staying power; given the right opportunity it could be devastating, but it could also fail spectacularly. Good early maneuvering is essential, and the Lore of Metal + dragon ogres will be used to deal with high armour save units. Flaming breath on the exalted hero seems to me a nasty trick: move 32" with vanguard/ steed of slaanesh in the first turn and potentially get 20 odd S4 hits off on a horde. Anyway, It is a list with possibilities and limitations that I am looking forward to trying (as of yet I have none of the models!), and hope I get some good recommendations from the Warseer community.

Sorcerer Lord

Level 4

Mark of Tzeench

Lore of Metal

Third Eye of Tzeench

Talisman of Preservation

Chaos Familiar

Disc of Tzeench

Exalted Hero

Mark of Slaanesh

Flail

Steed of Slaanesh

Helm of Many Eyes

BSB

Opal Amulet

Flaming Breath

10 Marauder Horsemen

Mark of Khorne

Shields

Flails

Musician

10 Marauder Horsemen

Mark of Khorne

Shields

Flails

Musician

10 Marauder Horsemen

Mark of Khorne

Shields

Flails

Musician

9 Hellstriders of Slaanesh

Hellscourges

Musician

Hellreaver

4 Dragon Ogres

Great weapons

Shartak

4 Dragon Ogres

Great weapons

Shartak

1999 points

Ramius4
28-04-2013, 19:25
If you intend to use this as a tailored list against a specific army it should be fine and workable. If it's meant to be a general take all comers list, you'll have some issues for your Marauders against any Initiative 4+ troops since Marauders die to a gentle breeze :p

inq.serge
28-04-2013, 19:30
You're better off with skullcrushers rather than Drogers. And Tzeentchian sorcerers aren't that good this edition, you're better off with a slaaneshi or nurglic spellcaster. And the khornate horsemen are better off in groups of 6 or 5, and shields aren't that necessary, as they are fire and forget cruiser missiles. Warhounds could be good to add.

Ramius4
28-04-2013, 19:32
You're better off with skullcrushers rather than Drogers. And Tzeentchian sorcerers aren't that good this edition, you're better off with a slaaneshi or nurglic spellcaster.

I don't think he's going for a 'power list' here. And he did state Lore of Metal on the Sorcerer, so he's no better or worse than any other caster.

inq.serge
28-04-2013, 19:35
Lore of metal is worse than both Lore of Nurgle and lore of Slaanesh, at least in a list like this. Sure, glittering scales could be good, but the nurgle/slaanesh lores are full of useful spells. Nurgle is great fort things like hellstriders and horsemen, while slaanesh is great for skullcrushers and drogers and against cannons/warmachines/monsters/cavalry.

Valden
28-04-2013, 19:50
Breaking down the 10 man marauder horsemen units into 5/6 man units (without shields) and giving my lord the Lore of Slaanesh shounds good; with the points difference I could stick him in another unit of Hellstriders. It would also seem Skull Crushers would do better than Dragon Ogres. And lol, as a side note I just saw that GW want 17.50 for 5 marauder horsemen, so I might not be using this list after all!

inq.serge
28-04-2013, 19:55
Problem with multiple hellstrider units is that they desperately need an exchamp in every hellstrider unit to make them one of our most awesome units.

I already have a similar list, but 1 slanneshi sorc lord, 1 slaaneshi flail-ex for hellstriders, 1x11 hellstriders, 3x5 slaaneshi horsemen, 2x5 vanguard hounds, 1x5 warhounds, 1x6 khornate horsemen, 1x5 khornate knights and 1x6 juggerknights.

Valden
28-04-2013, 20:12
Problem with multiple hellstrider units is that they desperately need an exchamp in every hellstrider unit to make them one of our most awesome units.

I already have a similar list, but 1 slanneshi sorc lord, 1 slaaneshi flail-ex for hellstriders, 1x11 hellstriders, 3x5 slaaneshi horsemen, 2x5 vanguard hounds, 1x5 warhounds, 1x6 khornate horsemen, 1x5 khornate knights and 1x6 juggerknights.

Yeah; exchamp with Helm and flail in the hell striders seems pretty awesome, and although situational, the breath weapon appeals to me. Also, why do you take a unit of 6 juggers rather than 2x3? Surely it is more cost effective to run two smaller units?

Fighting Newfoundlander
28-04-2013, 20:17
I don't think you can take breath on a hero. It's 30 and you max at 25. Definitly add some hounds.

Valden
28-04-2013, 20:28
Oh, you're right! I keep forgetting Heroes have less allowance for mutations.

inq.serge
29-04-2013, 20:30
Yeah; exchamp with Helm and flail in the hell striders seems pretty awesome, and although situational, the breath weapon appeals to me. Also, why do you take a unit of 6 juggers rather than 2x3? Surely it is more cost effective to run two smaller units?

Guarantee.

Also, Hysterical frenzy works only on one unit, and thus will give me, if I go 6 wide with lances, 48 st6 attacks on charge.

But it's mostly for the guarantee to be sure that whatever they charge die or at least breaks. Few things can survive such a charge.

As for the flail-ex, hellstriders move fast enough to pick their fights, and pick those they know they'll win.