PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions (Heaven, Steam Tank)

drdenner
29-04-2013, 13:02
1. Question - Magic > Heaven > Attribute
"When a spell targets an enemy unit or model with the Fly special rule ..."

Does that mean that the Attribute rule comes into effect before rolling power dice?

2. Question - Empire > Steam Tank
A Steam Tank can use Steam points in the shooting phase to fire either The Gun or Cannon
The rules for the Gun says it can only fire once every turn, but that rule doesnt stand under the Cannon, so does that mean that if a Steam Tank has 3 Steam points left, can fire the Cannon 3 times with a range of 12" (or less shoot with longer range)?

Kalandros
29-04-2013, 13:59
1. Lore Attributes are never applied before a spell's effects.

2. No, it fires the cannon only once per shooting phase, the Steam Points rule state "You can expend up to 3 Steam Points in each of these categories" - it does not say you can use the same category more than once in the same turn.
The statement for "Once each turn" on the Steam Gun is because it counts as a Breath Weapon which are once per GAME, thus they wrote an exception to allow it to be used once per TURN.

drdenner
29-04-2013, 14:13
#2 - 1: Can you point me to the rule to back that up?
#2 - 2: Sounds right.

Kalandros
29-04-2013, 14:57
Rulebook FAQ - http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m3180060a_WARHAMMER_RULEBOOK_v1.8_APRIL13.pdf

Q: Does the Roiling Skies Lore Attribute require you to
successfully cast the spell before its effect can be applied?(Reference)
A: Yes.

drdenner
29-04-2013, 14:59
#4 Thank you.

Artiee
29-04-2013, 16:02
1. Lore Attributes are never applied before a spell's effects.

I wouldn't say never, The lore attribute would have when its applied. Heavens was FAQed to require successfully cast. (the BRB wording apply such but really badly worded). The only lore attribute that ATM that is applied before the spell effects is Beast Lore.

Iraf
29-04-2013, 16:49
I wouldn't say never, The lore attribute would have when its applied. Heavens was FAQed to require successfully cast. (the BRB wording apply such but really badly worded). The only lore attribute that ATM that is applied before the spell effects is Beast Lore.

And the Lore of Fire.