PDA

View Full Version : First Orcs & Goblins 2500pt

IJHaile
30-04-2013, 12:08
After digging out my Orcs & Goblins from the depths of my attic, i've decided to paint them all up and put together a 2500pt list. I'm not after a power build, but an army that I can improve my tactics with and have some fun. I haven't played a proper game before so please let me know any glaring flaws, thanks.

Lords

Orc Warboss: Warboar, Sword of Anti-Heroes, Armor of Destiny, Shield. 222pts
Night Goblin Great Shaman: Level 4, Talisman of Preservation. 220pts

Heroes

Orc Big Boss (BSB): Armor of Silvered Steel, Great weapon. 129pts
Orc Shaman: Level 2, Ironcurse Icon, Dispel Scroll. 130pts
Night Goblin Big Boss: Light Armor, Shield, Warrior Bane. 37pts

Core

38 Orc Boyz Big 'Uns: Full command, Spears, Shields, Standard of Discipline. 430pts
60 Night Goblins: Musician, SB, Spears, Nets, 2 Fanatics. 295pts
20 Night Goblins: Musician, Bows, 3 Fanatics. 145pts
5 Goblin Wolf Riders: Musician, Spears, Shields. 70pts

Special

20 Black Orcs: Full command, Shields, Flaming Banner. 305pts
2 Wolf Chariots 100pts
2 Spear Chukkas 70pts

Rare

4 River Trolls 180pts
Rock Lobber 85pts
Doom Diver 80pts

Total: 2498pts

Wash
30-04-2013, 14:48
generally I suggest taking a black orc warboss instead of a regular orc and drop him in a unit of black orcs with the standard of discipline, If you keep your BSB near as well thats a LD10 bubble, which is huge for O&G, your build however on you warboss is very similar to mine, i like it.

IJHaile
30-04-2013, 15:13
That's a good idea, thanks. I could drop a river troll for the extra points. I was going to use the black orcs to kill trolls & monsters, but I guess 4 war machines could handle monsters and a horde of orcs with flaming could handle trolls.

Wash
30-04-2013, 15:32
They are really good for killing monsters, but with m4 they're not really going to get a ton of control in the movement phase. I generally prefer to use a spider for that roll, but your war machines might be able to handle it just as well.