PDA

View Full Version : Plague Drones

selecta
30-04-2013, 15:19
If I had 6 drones would I get supporting attack from rider and mount? I have looked in the rulebook but I cant find the reference can anyone help?

Kalandros
30-04-2013, 15:30
Monstrous Cavalry get support attacks as per Cavalry - Rider only.

I suggest either 2 units of 3 Drones or 1 unit of 5, deployed 5 wide.
I personally don't give them poisoned attacks upgrade, keep them cheaper, as they don't really need poison with S5 (S6 with Epidemius)

And give the unit (or one of them if you go for 2x 3 drones) the flaming banner. The riders cannot have flaming attacks (due to having a magic weapon) but the rot flies can benefit from it.
That is if you need regen busters.

Artiee
30-04-2013, 15:43
5 wide is awful width when they are also skirmishers .

Kalandros
30-04-2013, 15:47
5 wide is awful width when they are also skirmishers .

works quite well regardless.

Lorcryst
02-05-2013, 14:19
I've been having some success with an unit of only 3 Plague Drones ... basic build is no options, full command, for 100 Skaven Slaves ...

But I also tried the Death Heads upgrade (quite poor in my opinion, 12 inches range for S4 shots), and the Plague Proboscis upgrade ... had much more luck with the latter, combined with the poison-boosting spell of Nurgle, they become nasty :p

But then, I play mostly against Dwarves and Warriors of Chaos, high Toughness everywhere, and we don't allow Speshul Characters in my gaming group, so no Epidemius unless we specifically play a "SCs galore" game ...

My Chaos-playing mate is itching to try Archaon :shifty:

Kalandros
02-05-2013, 16:34
Musician is kind of useless - they are skirmishers, free reforms and they can't march - so that leaves "not losing ties by 1 against another musician"

Lorcryst
02-05-2013, 17:18
Hmmmm, you're right about the musician ... I usually take "full command" by force of habit, and because I modelled them like that, but I could shave 5 Skaven Slaves on those ...

Food for thought :p

BUB
02-05-2013, 18:11
2 units of 3 no upgrades is nice as you can fit 2 skull cannons in as well at 2400pts.

2 4's with Posion have worked really well for me

selecta
05-05-2013, 11:04
This is probally a silly question but forgive me.

A plague drone has 3 wounds but it shows the rider as having 1 wound does that mean that model has 4 in total?

Sorry

Mr_Rose
05-05-2013, 11:09
You need to read up on the Monstrous Cavalry rules, and the rulebook errata. The answer you seek is spelled out explicitly there.

stainawarjar
05-05-2013, 11:38
This is probally a silly question but forgive me.

A plague drone has 3 wounds but it shows the rider as having 1 wound does that mean that model has 4 in total?

Sorry

It uses the highest number of wounds, not the combined. So a Plague Drone has 4 wounds.

And the mount is called a rot fly, the plague drone IS the rider.

thesoundofmusica
05-05-2013, 11:52
Musician is kind of useless - they are skirmishers, free reforms and they can't march - so that leaves "not losing ties by 1 against another musician"

and +1 to rally

gorblud
05-05-2013, 17:22
Monstrous cavalry gets 3 support attacks in total now, it's in the errata.

yeknoMehT
05-05-2013, 18:45
Monstrous cavalry gets 3 support attacks in total now, it's in the errata.

The riders of monstrous cavalry can get up to three support attacks, you still can't get support attacks from the mounts, so only really benefits models where the rider has more than one attack.

Lorcryst
05-05-2013, 19:48
It uses the highest number of wounds, not the combined. So a Plague Drone has 4 wounds.

You kinda contradicted yourself there mate, the highest number of wounds is the 3 wounds from the Rot Fly, so the combined Plague Drone model has three wounds, not four ...

and +1 to rally

The problem with that is that Daemons never flee, Daemonic Instability and all that ... Swift Reforms and Combat Reforms yes, that was why I took the Musician (and also, having modelled my 3 Drones with Full Command).

gorblud
05-05-2013, 20:44
The riders of monstrous cavalry can get up to three support attacks, you still can't get support attacks from the mounts, so only really benefits models where the rider has more than one attack.

I did not know that! good to know