PDA

View Full Version : Did Witch Elves ever have armour?

Makaber
03-05-2013, 23:56
I'm painting up a bunch of the gals as we speak and I'm surprised at the amount of armour plating on the miniatures, considering I can't recall they ever had the option for it. Then again, I haven't played with them for ages, and a 6+ light armour save isn't something that becomes relevant all that often... But did they ever come with light armour, or have the option to take it, in previous editions of the army book?

Mind you, I'm not saying I think they should. I don't care either way. Just, from looking at the miniatures you'd think they had light armour.

kefkah
04-05-2013, 00:12
Yes they did. Im 100 % they had light armour untill the 6th edition army book for DE came out, dont know if it was dropped in 4th or fifth. Btw: indeed why are there plating and armour scales on the current WE models? I think these one in finecast came out with 6th when it was gone so yeah....

Sheena Easton
04-05-2013, 01:04
They had light armour - or at least the option of having it - in older editions

Makaber
04-05-2013, 01:31
Yes they did. Im 100 % they had light armour untill the 6th edition army book for DE came out, dont know if it was dropped in 4th or fifth. Btw: indeed why are there plating and armour scales on the current WE models? I think these one in finecast came out with 6th when it was gone so yeah....

The current ones are just a Finecast recast of the old metal ones, though. The ones that were before that again were from 4th edition or something.