PDA

View Full Version : 3000 pts for tourney WoC

Phenatix
04-05-2013, 22:52
Lords (435 pts)
-01x Daemon Prince @ 435 pts
Lore of Death, Level 1 Wizard, Flaming Breath, Scaled Skin, Soul Feeder, Nurgle's Rot, Sword of Striking, Charmed Shield, Dragonbane Gem, Chaos Armour, Daemonic Flight, Daemon of Nurgle

Heroes (475 pts)
-01x Exalted Hero @ 240 pts
Battle Standard Bearer, Third Eye of Tzeentch, Talisman of Preservation, Enchanted Shield, Mark of Tzeentch, Daemonic Mount
-01x Chaos Sorcerer @ 235 pts
Lore of Metal, Level 2 Wizard, Dragonhelm, Talisman of Endurance, Ironcurse Icon, Chaos Familiar, Mark of Tzeentch

Core (756 pts)
-23x Chaos Warriors @ 436 pts
Aspiring Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer, Banner of Swiftness, Mark of Tzeentch, Shields
-05x Chaos Warhounds @ 40 pts
Vanguard
Vanguard
-01x Chaos Chariot @ 120 pts
Mark of Khorne
Mark of Khorne

Special (690 pts)
-01x Chimera @ 275 pts
Flaming Breath, Regenerating Flesh
-01x Chimera @ 275 pts
Flaming Breath, Regenerating Flesh
-01x Gorebeast Chariot @ 140 pts
Mark of Nurgle

Rare (644 pts)
-04x Skullcrushers of Khorne @ 322 pts
Musician, Ensorcelled Weapons
-04x Skullcrushers of Khorne @ 322 pts
Musician, Ensorcelled Weapons

---

Total: 3000 pts

The idea is to march up the warrior block bunkering the Sorcerer, and smash in from the flank with Skullcrushers. The Daemonprince and Warriors will serve as anvils for the hammers of Chimeras, Skullcrushers, and Chariots to slam against.

Any suggestions?

Fighting Newfoundlander
05-05-2013, 01:18
I'd want a dispel scroll on the wizard. Other than that, it looks cracked. I'd hate to have to deal with that.

Phenatix
05-05-2013, 01:30
I'd want a dispel scroll on the wizard. Other than that, it looks cracked. I'd hate to have to deal with that.

It was a choice between that or the Chaos Familiar. It is actually an interesting choice, because if I opt for the Dispel Scroll then the sorcerer can only have a 5+ ward save and 3+ armor instead of 3+/4++. Also he wouldn't be able to take the Ironcurse Icon, so the Tzeentch warriors would only get 6+ vs warmachines instead of 5+. The Scroll is definitely something to consider though, so I'll test both arrangements out.

Fighting Newfoundlander
05-05-2013, 02:07
no, I see what you're saying. In that case, at 3000 pts, I'd want to get the level up on the DP, the +4 will help a lot in their magic phase, and if nugle, will help a lot in yours, though death is nice.

Phenatix
05-05-2013, 09:06
no, I see what you're saying. In that case, at 3000 pts, I'd want to get the level up on the DP, the +4 will help a lot in their magic phase, and if nugle, will help a lot in yours, though death is nice.
I hadn't really considered the armybook lores, but yeah Nurgle does look pretty good. If I go that route, I would have to cut the sorcerer either down to just an unmarked scroll caddy with shadow (if even that) or axe him completely. Either way, the warrior block would need to be redone as well. Perhaps Nurgle with halberds... This will require some pondering indeed.

zielonkak
05-05-2013, 14:11
Nurgle warriors with festus and shields or great weapons with leadership banner will dominate. Boards for defense or gw for slaughter.

Valden
05-05-2013, 15:11
I agree with the above comments; it's a very powerful list (three S4 breath weapons and those Skullcrushers will really hurt) but is let down slightly by the lack of a level 4 wizard. Given the killing power of the list it may turn out to be a worthwhile sacrifice, but in a tournament you will encounter a lot of different armies/builds, so I'd posit that a more balanced list with *slightly* less melee power but more magic would provide more utility. Also, the Lore of Nurgle is excellent; Tzeench's ward save boost is good, but it comes at the cost of actually having to use the Lore of Tzeench, or settle for metal, which although good just can't compete with Nurgle.

Fighting Newfoundlander
05-05-2013, 18:19
I understand why you'd think twice about the unmarked scroll caddy, but perhaps he could still function well with the Tz boys, giving him his scroll and the ironcurse, and getting out for either 140/175 for lev 1/2. Then perhaps he could be the lev 1/2 death, w/ the DP as a lev 4 Nurgle. Don't have to go and worry about a different unit then.

Phenatix
05-05-2013, 20:21
Ok guys, it seems the general consensus is to go with the Lvl 4 DP of Nurgle, so here goes:

Lords (550 pts)
-01x Daemon Prince @ 550 pts
Lore of Nurgle, Level 4 Wizard, Flaming Breath, Scaled Skin, Acid Ichor, Soul Feeder, Nurgle's Rot, Sword of Striking, Charmed Shield, Dragonbane Gem, Chaos Armour, Daemonic Flight, Daemon of Nurgle

Heroes (240 pts)
-01x Exalted Hero @ 240 pts
Battle Standard Bearer, Third Eye of Tzeentch, Talisman of Preservation, Enchanted Shield, Mark of Tzeentch, Daemonic Mount

Core (875 pts)
-24x Chaos Warriors @ 515 pts
Musician, Standard Bearer, Standard of Discipline, Mark of Nurgle, Shields, Halberds
Vanguard
Vanguard
Vanguard
Mark of Khorne
Mark of Khorne

Special (690 pts)
-01x Chimera @ 275 pts