PDA

View Full Version : Any one here own a Chaos Warhound Titan? Need help with a recent ebay buy

Kijamon
05-05-2013, 19:29
So I was lurking about on ebay (as we all do I'm sure) and I thought "What the hell I'll bid 195.88" on that titan as the final 2 minutes ticked by, not expecting to get it as items tend to go for fairly close to RRP on ebay.
I won it. Oops. Now I've sat and looked at the photos and the description of "I think all the bits are there" has not fixed my worries.

If any of you has built, owns or knows them inside and out, can you take a look and see if you notice something missing? I thought a toe was missing but if you look at the second photo I believe it is attached. Also if one of you wouldn't mind taking the time to scan in the instructions in, just so I can have a copy to hand when I finish the item, that'd be amazing. I have asked the seller but haven't heard back yet.

I don't even know what the hell I'm going to do with it. I do have a chaos death guard army that it might work with but I've always sort of assumed on that hallowed day I do own a titan I'd just get a normal one and paint it fairly neutral so I can use it as a loyalist or a traitor one.

If bits are missing it's not a total disaster as I will just nurgle the **** out of the gaps but please help me get over super buyers remorse. I often get that just from buying 30 things, this is much worse.

Link - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/forgeworld-chaos-warhound-titan-/130896798160?ViewItem=&item=130896798160&nma=true&si=C6f%252Fb6C%252BWGG7ugFX3C1Ei5JoepA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

MajorWesJanson
05-05-2013, 20:37
The only part that may potentially be missing would be an exhaust vent on the rear, though it may still be attached to the hull and not separate like the one we see. And I'm assuming the rear center hull is there, can't see it from either angle, but that's such a major piece that if it was missing there would be a note.

So knowing my (loyalist) Mars Warhound, that's my assessment. A bit beat up, granted, but looks like everything is accounted for.

Kijamon
05-05-2013, 20:43
The only part that may potentially be missing would be an exhaust vent on the rear, though it may still be attached to the hull and not separate like the one we see. And I'm assuming the rear center hull is there, can't see it from either angle, but that's such a major piece that if it was missing there would be a note.

So knowing my (loyalist) Mars Warhound, that's my assessment. A bit beat up, granted, but looks like everything is accounted for.

Thanks for that Wes, I can live with beat up as the price wasn't too bad. I'd like to think he's being up front about it. Otherwise I'll be right on the ebay complaints button.

The guy was selling to fund a reaver, I can only imagine the state that poor thing will wind up in!

Col. von Dryden
05-05-2013, 21:10
I've got 2 of the blighters. It looks complete from the poor quality pictures, and no rear view.

stroller
05-05-2013, 21:28
The seller says "complete as far as I'm aware". In effect, I read this as "sold as seen". In that circumstance, what would there be to complain about?

Kijamon
05-05-2013, 21:31
The seller says "complete as far as I'm aware". In effect, I read this as "sold as seen". In that circumstance, what would there be to complain about?

Well there's a bit of a difference between a missing vent on the leg that you can't notice the gap and selling something without enough toes that would easily be noticeable for the seller to comment on.

Azazel
05-05-2013, 21:35
You can return anything you buy online up to seven days after you receive it for any reason. Its some online trading standards law.

Mack
06-05-2013, 02:10
You can return anything you buy online up to seven days after you receive it for any reason. Its some online trading standards law.

Not on Ebay...which is a "private" sellers forum. Unless the seller authorizes returns (Clearly stated in most auctions) unless the auction is clearly misleading, you get "as is", or more improtantly, "as listed". If the buyer said everything was there, and its not, you have a case, if they are vague or don't guarantee it is exactly as stated, you "could" try to submit a claim with ebay, but they will review the auction, and if it is listed as it is, they favor in with the seller. If you raise enough of a stink, Ebay "may" credit you or partial credit you.

I have had one, and it looks to be mostly there...certainly, nothing major seems to be missing.

Kijamon
13-05-2013, 09:52
So it arrived today, had a play around with the pieces and can't see anything massively missing. It's certainly seen better days, the original owner has clearly had the modelling experience to use resin but appears to have used substandard glue (as some bits are weak and wobbly) and the paint appears to have been painted over but nothing to stop someone with a bit of elbow grease getting this back up and gaming.

http://imgur.com/a/8Nz8K

Take a look and tell me if I've bought a dud or not please! Not sure what the pipes or pistons in one of the pictures are for yet. Any suggestions?

MajorWesJanson
13-05-2013, 18:54
Beat up, but looks like everything is accounted for.
The 3 pairs of pistons are meant to connect the upper legs to the hips, at the little protruding ball joints. At least one ball joint has broken off though
Cables you cut and bend to connect the guns to the main body. There should be a pair of sockets on each side of the rear engine blocks, pointed down from the top, that connect to a pair of sockets on the guns (those may be separate pieces though. I magnetized my guns and didn't bother with the cabling. Also, there are a pair of sockets facing forwards at the bottom front of the body- those are meant to run cables to the little sockets at the bottom rear of the head. The little angle joints are to make the connections work and look better.

Any other parts questions, just ask.

Kijamon
13-05-2013, 19:26
Cheers Wes, think I'll skip the gun connections. Will have a look at the bits and try and get them to line up.

Had a fun few hours playing around with it so it's taken on a more titan appearing shape!

Update albums here - http://imgur.com/a/W8M7L#MNIKt2o

And close up of my ideas for the base attempt - http://imgur.com/a/T1vGL

Just needs a little bit more time to set and get stabilised and then I'll start exploring pinning from below the base. Will add a few more craters and then cover any gaps with snow and/or puddles. All of my armies to date have had snow bases so it should add up.

Luckily it's a nurgle army I have so I don't mind the beat up look too much!