PDA

View Full Version : 1500 New High Elves

Citadel97501
06-05-2013, 07:11
Hello all, I was wondering what your opinions are on this list, its focusing on a Dragon Prince Bus using the altered World Dragon Banner to make them extremely frustrating to break by characters. The Spear-men unit will be close enough to provide magic support to the Dragon Princes, while also receiving the buffs from simply casting high magic. The Phoenix is intended to continually harass enemy units or destroy war machines.

The Loremaster is intended to have access to the signature tool kit since frankly that seems to be his role in the new book. There are enough Augment, Hex, or just straight damage in the signature spells to destroy an enemy force not properly prepared. I also like the idea of just spraying as many spells as possible at a foe since they all should be useful.

Loremaster of Hoeth (Deployed in Spear Men)
-Armor of Caledor

Noble (Deployed with Dragon Princes)
-Lance
-Dragon Armor
-Shield
-Mounted with Barding
-BSB

Mage (Deployed in Spear Men)
-Level 2, High Magic
-Talisman of Endurance

9 x Dragon Princes
-Musician
-Banner
-Banner of the World Dragon

Archers x 10
-Musician

Spear Men x 25
-Musician
-Banner
-Champion
-Banner of Discipline

Flamespyre Phoenix

GreenSpeed
06-05-2013, 15:16
I feel you have too many points invested in magic characters. At 1500 the lore master should be able to use all your magic dice each turn. Consider dropping the high Mage and taking either a scroll or book of hoeth to the lore master. With extra points saved buy more bodies or add in a chariot to combo charge with the princes and Phoenix.

teep
08-05-2013, 02:49
I'd also kit out the BSB differently. Sure, S6 is nice on the charge, but what happens after that?
Maybe a star lance for him, plus Potion of Foolhardniness and a GW for the following rounds -
that's 4 S7 attacks on the charge with re-rolls and 3 S6 attacks to do the dirty work :)
Throw a Dawnstone in there, just to be save(r) and this guy should do quite well in that list.

Speaking of which, I totally agree with GreenSpeed on your list being a tad bit character heavy
at this point level. Personally, I prefer having a lot of guys on the field, keeping it small in the
magic department and going big on elite infantry. Basically, i love the whole "swiss army knife"
approach, especially with all our new options!
Doing the bus thing is a great way to go for sure, but I think that a helm bus does roughly the
same thing, tho these guys being core now would allow me to rock two midsized blocks of WL/PG
at the same time.
But take all of this with a grain of salt now, maybe I'm just bitter, cuz my Dragon Princes are not
painted yet ;)

Citadel97501
08-05-2013, 03:49
How about the following modification, this gives me a bit better results against high armor ratings, without relying on the Lore of Metal signature spell.

Loremaster of Hoeth (Deployed in Spear Men)
-Armor of Caledor

Noble (Deployed with Dragon Princes)
-Lance
-Dragon Armor
-Shield
-Mounted with Barding
-BSB

9 x Dragon Princes
-Musician
-Banner
-Banner of the World Dragon

Archers x 10
-Musician

Spear Men x 25
-Musician
-Banner
-Champion
-Banner of Discipline

Flamespyre Phoenix

Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower

Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower

Bladelord
08-05-2013, 03:59
I'd give the BSB Enchanted Shield and Luckstone/Golden Crown of Atrazar.