PDA

View Full Version : Outfitting the Lore Master of Hoeth?

Citadel97501
06-05-2013, 07:22
Hello all,

I was wondering how you all intend to outfit your Lore Masters? I am thinking that the following builds are probably best but I wanted some opinions.

1750+
Talisman of Preservation and Book of Hoeth
-Exactly 100 points, making him a very solid caster, and maximizing his defense with his Heavy Armor and a 4+ ward save?
-This leaves the armor of caledor free for a Dragon Mage making him a very interesting option.

Talisman of Endurance, and Blade of Leaping Gold
-This gives him a much more pronounced offense, while keeping his defense solid. Especially since it allows him to re-roll his attacks just like the old books characters.
-It also leaves enough points and equipment to really outfit some other characters.

1250+
-Armor of Caledor
-This is also pretty solid but takes away gear that could be elsewhere.

-Blade of Leaping Gold
-This gives him a scary level of offense even ignoring his magic, it also keeps him relatively cheap and leaves gear for other characters.

ihavetoomuchminis
06-05-2013, 08:50
IMO...book of hoeth and talisman of preservation is fluffy and good enough. it allows him to cast all his spells with 1-2 dice...be good in defence and average atacking.

others ive thought:

merwyrm shield + sword of leaping gosld+stuff

book of hoeth + sword of might + merwyrm shield (i love this item).

Bladelord
06-05-2013, 09:04
Sword of Bloodshed + Shield of the Merwyrm + Potion of Strength (+ Luckstone/Dragonbane Gem).
Dispel Scroll + Shield of the Merwyrm + Sword of Anti-Heroes + Potion of Strength/the Other Trickster's Shard + Luckstone/Dragonbane Gem/MR (1) if you're using the Other Trickster's Shard, maybe Golden Crown of Atrazar/Opal Amulet if you're afraid of snipes.

Book of Hoeth + Sword of Anti-Heroes + Shield of the Merwyrm.

I'm also a big fan of Shield of the Merwyrm:)

tmarichards
06-05-2013, 10:13
Giving him a magic weapon seems a little pointless, given that it means he loses the great weapon you paid for on him.

I quite like the idea of Armour of Caledor and Talisman of Preservation if you want him to see combat, or if you don't want to get him engaged he can just carry your Dispel Scroll whilst your level 4 has the Book.

Von Wibble
06-05-2013, 13:32
If you aren't using an archmage as well, Book of Hoeth, with some kind of protection item.

If you are using an archmage, I agree with tmarichards.

Jericho
06-05-2013, 15:48
Giving him a magic weapon seems a little pointless, given that it means he loses the great weapon you paid for on him.

I quite like the idea of Armour of Caledor and Talisman of Preservation if you want him to see combat, or if you don't want to get him engaged he can just carry your Dispel Scroll whilst your level 4 has the Book.

The "cost" of a great weapon is negligible, really. You already paid for it, even if you don't want to use it. Magic weapon/magic shield isn't a bad alternative since it gives you back ASF/possible re-rolls to hit.