PDA

View Full Version : Word bearer noise marines

flying land raider
07-05-2013, 13:55
I've recently started the word bearers csm legion and I'm wondering can i use noise marines

Malagor
07-05-2013, 13:59
Might not be a fluffy list but other then that there are no problems with it.

flying land raider
07-05-2013, 14:02
Thanks mate i was just checking because I was planning on using them

M@L@L
07-05-2013, 16:10
There's a whole warband of Khornate Word Bearers (The Sanctified, I think?) running around out there, so mono God Word Bearers aren't so far fetched. Not sure if you just want to go with a squad or two of Noise Marines, or Word Bearers, but either way, absolutely nothing stopping you doing it. Which can be 50/50 good or bad, in some cases of "fluff heresy".

Ruination Drinker
08-05-2013, 00:25
Or you can model them like Orks and call them Noyz Boyz!

Scribe of Khorne
08-05-2013, 01:52

Thats actually pretty awesome to picture...

flying land raider
08-05-2013, 08:06
Thanks for all the replies folk. I've decided to get 2 squads of noise marines for my army. Runation drinker that is an awesome ideas for noyz boyz I need to tell my mate who plays orks

Azulthar
08-05-2013, 09:55
Word Bearers have been moving away from the strictly Undivided camp. Latest codex has "each venerate one of the Chaotic pantheon with manic fervour."

I've started including Cult units and Marks in my Word Bearers as well. Fluff changes, and it makes the army a lot more fun to play.

Latro_
08-05-2013, 11:23
Regarding the non 'cult' legions you can assume they have all kinds of variation etc.. You'll get word bearers getting a bit to fond of slannesh and become noise marines, you'll get iron warriors get a bit to blood lusty and follow khorne and mimic their head chips to make em mental, you'll get black legion not washing enough and becomin plague marines etc etc

Its only a bit iffy the other end like a world eater sorcerer or a emporers children plague marine.

Drawing a line under the fluff of it though --------- :D

You can also use the unit entry and covert ye own stuff... like whynot have word bearers converted in such a way that they are armed with cool vox caster like things spouting hateful chaos litergy at the enemy instead of sonic blasters

They have a strong affinity with daemons why not have 'the half possessed' WBs who have through ritual, managed to posses em selves partly with daemon flesh but keep control of their minds (so convert em with the daemons sprue and normal marine spure) and to represent this, use em as plague marines

etc etc

stainawarjar
08-05-2013, 11:25

Shouldn't be too much work.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1490653&prodId=prod1130426

Johnnya10
08-05-2013, 12:27
Shouldn't be too much work.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1490653&prodId=prod1130426

Ha! Awesome. Not seen those guys in years! Oddly, my first ever converted Noise Marines were these guys with Mk5 helmets and shoulder pads. I know that sounds like a pretty rubbish conversion but I was about 10 at the time! :)

Sephillion
08-05-2013, 12:35
I didn't know about those guys; I might have picked their guitars for my Noise Marines! :p

Chapters Unwritten
08-05-2013, 16:59
Word Bearers have been moving away from the strictly Undivided camp. Latest codex has "each venerate one of the Chaotic pantheon with manic fervour."

I've started including Cult units and Marks in my Word Bearers as well. Fluff changes, and it makes the army a lot more fun to play.Not if you started it based on the stories, like I did.

My army will be strictly for show, at this point.

Azulthar
08-05-2013, 17:38
Not if you started it based on the stories, like I did.

My army will be strictly for show, at this point.
I started out the same way. But like I said, fluff changes. In this case I'm glad it did, because it allowed me to field my Word Bearers somewhat competitively again.

The C'tan are now shards, and the Word Bearers field cult units. Oh the times, they are a-changin'... :D

Lord Damocles
08-05-2013, 18:23
Dark Creed featured a squad of Khorny Word Bearers, so it's not like it's all that new a change...

Voss
08-05-2013, 18:30
It isn't that big of a deal. If the background where unchanging, anyone doing Night Lords as anything other than strictly Khornate would be 'doing it wrong'.