PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Another HE List

Korpacz
07-05-2013, 14:23
Archmage - level 4, book of hoeth, elven steed (sits in second rank of Shelms)
Prince - elven steed, Ithilmar Barding, Dragon Armor, Giant Blade, Enchanted Shield, Dawnstone (1st rank of SHelms)

Noble - BSB, Dragon Armor, elven steed, ithilmar barding, starlance, golden crown, dragon helm, halberd (1st rank of Shelms)

21 Silverhelms - FC, shields, Banner of World Dragon
11 Archers - standard + musician
10 Archer - standard + musician

3x Seacutters - bolt throwers

2x Frostheart Phoenix
2x Eagle

Gooner
07-05-2013, 16:23
Your type of army is what people are complaining about with the banner. Consider stubborn crown as even with that Death Star you can't afford to have it run away.

Kahadras
07-05-2013, 16:55
Your type of army is what people are complaining about with the banner.

Only DoC would really care (and there's still over 1000 points on the table that don't get the 2++ save). Most other armies should be able to hit the unit in the flanks and rear and grind them down. The two Frostheart's are the only thing that are a really nasty prospect to go up against as they can lend a lot of support to the cavalry block.

Kahadras

Oberon
07-05-2013, 17:05
Silverhelms can't take banner of world dragon, and the BSB could buy a shield for the turns he wields starlance instead of halberd. I'm not that convinced on bolter-skycutters, regular ones just might work? Then again, we don't have demigriphs or the like here :(

Knifeparty
07-05-2013, 17:05
Silver helms can't take magic banners only spears can, so you'll have to take it on the bsb.

NitrosOkay
07-05-2013, 21:37
Or take Dragon Princes.

Korpacz
07-05-2013, 22:42
I don't actually play HE, I play WoC, but I'm wondering how tough their lists can get (and I like making army lists) so I threw this list up to see if there are any more optimal options. I suppose it's too early to tell, well probably have to wait 2 or 3 months to see what shakes out.

Kahadras
07-05-2013, 23:09
I play WoC, but I'm wondering how tough their lists can get (and I like making army lists) so I threw this list up to see if there are any more optimal options.

Probably something along the lines of...

Alarielle

BSB + Banner of Avelorn
Mage + extra level

Block of Silver Helms + FC
Block of Silver Helms + FC

Block of White Lions + FC and Banner of the World Dragon (Alarielle, Mage and BSB here)
Block of Phoenix Guard + FC

Frostheart Phoenix
Frostheart Phoenix
Eagle
Eagle

All block units either have a 2+ armour save or a decent ward save. It has chaff in the Eagles and can use its fliers to hunt down enemy chaff. Try to get a spell onto the PG and a couple onto the WL every turn to bump up their ward saves. Fun for everybody.

Kahadras