PDA

View Full Version : 2500 WoC Tournament Army

pointyteeth
07-05-2013, 21:44
Just playing with some ideas for a tournament army for a big tourney in July. Trying to get it finalized so I can get stuff painted. Here's the first draft.

Tzeentch Sorcerer Lord on Disc
Lore of Tzeentch, Talisman of Preservation, Flaming Breath, Third Eye, Dispel Scroll, Enchanted Shield, Level 4

Tzeentch Exalted Hero on Daemonic Steed
Barding, Charmed Shield, Biting Blade, Chalice of Chaos, Soul Feeder, Dawnstone

Nurgle BSB
Scaled Skin, Helm of Many Eyes, Opal Amulet, Halberd, Potion of Speed

17 Nurgle Warriors
Great Weapons, full command.

18 Tzeentch Warriors
Hw & Shield, full command.

5 Khorne Forsaken

5 Khorne Forsaken

6 Warhounds - vanguard

6 warhounds - vanguard

Nurgle Gorebeast Chariot

Nurgle Gorebeast Chariot

Tzeentch Warshrine

Shaggoth - AHW

Korpacz
07-05-2013, 22:41
I'd say you need some more flaming attack options if you're going with the lore of tzeentch, otherwise you may give that Abom or those trolls a 2+ regen and then you're in trouble. You can give one of the warrior blocks the flaming banner and one of the heros burning body and a halberd.

The guy on the daemonic steed is going to be cannon fodder without a good armor save. I'd consider giving him the armor of destiny, halberd and burning body. That way he has a 3++ ward and he's comfortable out on his own to act as a trouble shooter and give any combat that needs it a high initiative flaming attack. That'll let you move the dawnstone to the other hero giving him a 1+ re-rollable armor save which is still amazing.

zielonkak
09-05-2013, 10:44
Hey I like the list except for the shrine. Not really worth it any more. I also agree with banners on the warriors. Give one unit leadership banner, and other flaming banner. I think the mounted exalted is fine against cannons, the charmed shield will help with that. I think that the army kind of lacks a fast, hard hitting unit. I would drop one chariot and the shrine to maybe add a unit of crushers or a chimera. Then u could also add banners.