PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen 3000pts

chipperchopperchappi
08-05-2013, 00:20
I'm playing a Skaven Army next week and just wanted some feedback on a list I've been messing about with. I'm not 100% sure what he's going to bring against me, but I expect plenty of artillery, LOTS of clan rat hordes, a Hellpit and a Doom Wheel. So here goes:

List 1 (edited):

Lords:

Slann Mage Priest: Lore of Light, Cupped Hands of the Old Ones, Focussed Rumination, Focus of Mystery, Battle Standard Bearer

Heroes:

Skink Priest: Ancient Stegadon with Engine of the Gods

Skink Priest: Dispel Scroll

Core:

25 Saurus Warriors: Spears, Full Command

25 Saurus Warriors: Spears, Full Command

12 Skink Skirmishers: Javelins and Shields

Special:

20 Temple Guard: Revered Guardian, Musician, Standard Bearer

16 Cold One Cavalry: Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer

5 Chameleon Skinks

5 Chameleon Skinks

5 Chameleon Skinks

Rare:

Salamander Hunting Pack

Total (if my maths is good): 3,008pts

I have a few options I can mess about with:

1 Salamander with 3 Handlers
2 Kroxigor
1 Skink Chief/Priest
10 Saurus with Spears
Scar Vet can be reduced to normal Cold One Rider if needed

My basic plan was to charge my huge Cavalry block hard up one flank, potentially against tough targets. My Scar Vet should be able to take down some stuff with his load out. I want this unit to hold up a flank, to give my (inevitably smaller) infantry units a chance to get in position to take on his giant horde.

The Slann will obviously be at the centre of this infantry line, casting pha's protection and using the EotG (which will be next to him) for 5+ saves against his artillery. The Engine will be a counter assault unit if any big scary things get amongst my infantry blocks.

Hopefully with a scroll and a cube, I can nullify his magic phase somewhat and with my Chameleons and Skirmishers harry weak points and redirect. In an ideal world my Chams will target his artillery/hellpit/wheel, but I imagine he will see this coming and deploy accordingly to avoid such a scenario.

The other options open to me are subbing the skirmishers for a bus block of regiment skinks with the krox.
Maybe also reducing the cavalry unit (although I do love that unit) and grabbing me a salamander and more saurus to bulk out my core blocks.

Another option is of course to load out my Slann to maximum capacity and magic, magic, magic, magic.

Any ideas are very welcome!

immortal git
08-05-2013, 01:04
Too many points on characters that should be spent on buffing all your saurus units to a respectable size. Id be hoping 30+ at 3k

chipperchopperchappi
08-05-2013, 10:29
I can get rid of the scar vet and add in the extra 10 spear Saurus I have and that gives me a total of 2998. Does the lack of character in the cav not make them substantially more vulnerable?

diggerydoom
08-05-2013, 10:39
Chameleon skinks are special not rare choices.

Salamanders give skaven a nasty headache- if you have 9 I would recommend taking them! The marching flamer templates really cause all sorts of problems.

I agree with immortal that increasing the saurus unit size is important. With only 20 you start to lose combat effectivness really fast when damaged.

chipperchopperchappi
08-05-2013, 10:43
My bad about the chameleons. I knew they were special choices it was just late when I wrote the list up! haha. OK so I'm definitely going to up the unit size of the saurus blocks. What makes the salamander particularly good against skaven? won't 1 just get punished?

immortal git
08-05-2013, 11:21
Salamanders punish everything not just skaven. However with the skaven some units have poor leadership and anything hit by the breath attack takes a panic test.

I would agree that the saurus cav are vulnerable without the scar vet but even with him the unit isn't great...

immortal git
08-05-2013, 11:23
sorry double post.

chipperchopperchappi
08-05-2013, 12:57
OK so I dropped the Cube from one of the priests and moved the scroll over, removed the totem from the cav and added the salamander. Brings me in at 3,008. I think there's an allowance of 10-15 points either side so should be fine. What's the best way to use the salamander? do I charge him straight up on his own or try to keep him with my battle lines? would he do well flanking with the cav?

immortal git
08-05-2013, 13:13
Put him on the side of your saurus block near some skinks so that it doesnt get nailed by chaff, then get it on somethings flank and laugh

Dante blackfur
08-05-2013, 15:45
I would suggest keeping the cube, just having a second DScroll is worth it plus the possibility of losing a spell for good? Heck yeah. Trust me it sucks when you cube D13th or something. It reall sucks (I'm a skaven and lizardmen player)

chipperchopperchappi
08-05-2013, 15:55
I will bare the salamander positioning in mind, thanks. Where does it say a spell can go for good from the cube of darkness? I just thought it killed the magic phase for that turn and all RiP spells are dispelled on a 4+?

Enigmatik1
08-05-2013, 15:56
I thought the Cube of Darkness ended the enemy magic phase on a 4+, not causes you to lose a spell. I don't run Lizardmen, but that's been the effect our LM player says it has for as long as he's been running it.

chipperchopperchappi
08-05-2013, 16:05
pretty sure it dispels all remains in play spells and ends the magic phase on a 4+

Dante blackfur
08-05-2013, 16:19
Sry must have been thinking of a different item (7th Ed DoC?) anyways a second DScroll and ending magic phase is still fantasic!! Imho