PDA

View Full Version : 2500pt. Daemons of Chaos Tzeentch/Khorne Army list - Kairos Fateweaver

aleexx77
09-05-2013, 22:05
LORDS

Kairos Fateweaver 565pts.

HEROES

Herald of Khorne 130pts.
Lesser Locus of Abjuration

CORE

39x Bloodletters 586pts.
Musician
Standard - Standard of Discipline

25x Pink Horrors 355pts.
Iridescent Horror
Musician
Standard

25x Pink Horrors 355pts.
Iridescent Horror
Musician
Standard

SPECIAL

6x Screamers 240pts.

RARE

Skull Cannon of Khorne 135pts.

ARMY LIST TOTAL POINTS: 2501pts.

Any suggestions? I think its kind of solid and there's not a lot of point maneuvering left so yeah ideas?

Methios
09-05-2013, 22:38
I would like to see how kairos works. But atm he is cannon bait.
And i realy dont see a use for pink horrors. But i gues you take that for the fluff.
Kairos is gonna be cannoned off pretty quik. beast of nurgle can stop a cannon ball if you make your regen save or it fails to kill it. i Would realy add some for a screen till your skull cannons take you enemy warmachines.

underscore
10-05-2013, 09:46
One point over, you monster! :)

The Horrors seem rather large - if you take 10 off each unit and you've got an extra 260 (I think...) points to play with. You've already got a beast of a caster in Kieros, and they're not exactly amazing in combat or anything. Shave a bit off and you should have points for some chaff or other hard hitter like some Bloodcrushers or something.

aleexx77
10-05-2013, 21:57
Ok so far thanks for suggestions, I'd like it to keep strictly Tzeentch and Khorne, with Tzeentch in command and khorne secondary so nurgle options are not an option, but i do like the idea of thinning the horrors and adding some bloodcrushers. Heres an update. And Kairos atm is kind of a must because I want a level 4 caster, and he by far is the best choice and with lore of life available to me i can keep his toughness up and be able to heal him as well as keep up with offensive magic, buffing other units and dispelling. The lord of change's point difference wasn't to much less and he is by far a worse caster than kairos and the melee power doesn't interest me. Plus Kairos' ability to reroll one die per turn completely changes the reign of chaos and magic phase effects on me allowing me better control over it.

LORDS

Kairos Fateweaver 565pts.

HEROES

Herald of Khorne 145pts.
Lesser Locus of Abjuration
BSB - Standard of Discipline
-----Leads Bloodletter horde

CORE

39x Bloodletters 566pts.
Musician
Standard

15x Pink Horrors 225pts.
Iridescent Horror
Musician
Standard

15x Pink Horrors 225pts.
Iridescent Horror
Musician
Standard

SPECIAL

6x Screamers 240pts.

4x Bloodcrushers 260pts.

RARE

ARMY LIST TOTAL POINTS: 2496pts.

underscore
11-05-2013, 10:22
Looks better to me, though finding points for chaff might be an idea if you run into issues. Give it a go though, I'm planning a Khorne/Tzeentch army myself so I'd be curious to hear how you find it.

ellerki
11-05-2013, 16:40
separate the screamers in two for the flanks so they can go archer/cannon hunting. don't forget to use the spell that allows you to ignore a miscast on 2+ (throne of vines), flesh to stone, melkoth mystifying miasma (so he doesn't die, always challenge!). Cast throne of vines before flesh to stone. maybe The savage beast of Horros. Select the rest depending on the army you face.

aleexx77
11-05-2013, 17:15
yep, throne of vines is so brute, plan on opening up with that so i can get that +4 T on flesh to stone for sure... any suggestions on a chaff unit i should go for? And you think the screamers will be ok enough in 2 units of 3s? i just figured using their fly over ability to do damage and then diving in for attacks would make them more viable in survivibility in as unit of 6, but ive yet to test this, so yea ideas are great. Thank you.

ellerki
13-05-2013, 07:32
i think it will depend on the army your facing, if your facing dwarf or lizardman then it might be good to have 2 units since the have tons of shooting and cannon crews. I take two units of 4 screamers in my army at the moment. test it