PDA

View Full Version : Just moved to Seattle WA

Domandi
11-05-2013, 15:56
Hello all.

I just moved to Seattle and I am wondering if there are any good places to play? My models aren't here yet(being shipped with all other big furniture etc).

I am not too picky. I like playing in stores and in gaming groups. I play O&G, DE, and VC. (All armies started back in 3rd/4th ed) I even started my VC back when it was one undead book.

Would love to know some options.

Thanks in advance.

Hrogoff the Destructor
11-05-2013, 16:48
There are plenty of stores in the Seattle area to chose from, though some are quite a distance away assuming you did move to Seattle and not one of it's suburbs.

Bellevue, which is right next door, has a battle bunker. I don't frequent there so I don't know what the community is like but I have heard positive things.
Kent has a store and had a great community, though I'm not sure if that's changed recently
Auburn
Puyallup
Tacoma
Gig Harbor (may no longer be there, been ages since I've been there)

I'm not sure if there is anything north of Seattle.

Sherbert!
11-05-2013, 18:52
I used to live in Seattle several years ago and it a had great community, however, since then most of the independent stores have closed down and there is not a centralized gaming community for warhammer games. I know there are still people in Seattle who want to get games in, but it is hard to find them. I am now living in Bellingham which is 1.5 hour drive north and it has one of the best gaming stores ive ever seen. I am currently running a fantasy league in which 15 people are playing and over the last couple of months I have been volunteering to rebuild their terrain. I have a log in the terrain section if you would like to see. I know its a long drive for fantasy, but if you are interested I could try and get a group of the fantasy players together for a Saturday or something and we could get some games in.

popisdead
12-05-2013, 16:04
Also consider Gottacon in Victoria, BC next February. Largest western tournament with upwards of 200 miniature gamers (it is really more a convention with 1/4 of it being table top games).

Barry "the blade"
12-05-2013, 17:08
I'm up in Everett, about 30 minutes north of Seattle. The local game store up here is Game Shire. Friday nights is their fantasy night, but I haven't been able to make it there for one yet due to work.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Glen_Savet
12-05-2013, 21:35
If you want to play Warhammer or 40k, you may consider going to the Lynnwood Freeway 5 GW shop. I'm generally in there on Thursdays and Fridays trying to let my Bretonnians out for a ride whilst my wife paints her High Elves, and I know there are folks looking for 40k games as well.

Kayosiv
12-05-2013, 23:53
Bellevue, which is right next door, has a battle bunker. I don't frequent there so I don't know what the community is like but I have heard positive things.

I went there yesterday. The community is great although there are a lot more gamers playing 40K instead of fantasy. I'd say it's at least 4 to 1. However, fantasy night on Wednesdays you can almost always find a game and they hold a tournament every Saturday that usually has over a dozen people. I like the staff too.

If you want to play Warhammer or 40k, you may consider going to the Lynnwood Freeway 5 GW shop. I'm generally in there on Thursdays and Fridays trying to let my Bretonnians out for a ride whilst my wife paints her High Elves, and I know there are folks looking for 40k games as well.

I've been to this place and found I liked the patrons but not the atmosphere. The sales crew seemed less interested in helping me and more interested in trying to get me to buy everything, right now, without thinking about it, RIGHT NOW, BUY IT! This may have changed as I have not been there for about 3 years or so.

Glen_Savet
13-05-2013, 20:46
Freeway 5 is a 1 man shop now, I'm not sure if that was the case when last you were there Kayosiv. The current manager is far less of a hard seller than some of the previous staffers.

ColShaw
13-05-2013, 20:49
I lived in the Seattle area, and worked at both Bellevue and Auburn GW. However, that was long enough ago ('04-'05) that I don't think my information is still timely or helpful.

However, I will say that when I was there, Bellevue had a good community of gamers, and Auburn's wasn't terrible (though the store was starting to discourage veterans from hanging around, so that was having a negative impact). That may have changed.

popisdead
13-05-2013, 22:15
Not sure if they sell GW but I keep hearing I new to visit Card Kingdom as well.

Glen_Savet
14-05-2013, 00:05
Card Kingdom has a big Warmachine crowd and a large M:TG group, I'm not certain about their GW players.

Thepyrotek
14-05-2013, 19:55
I go to the Bellevue/factoria battle bunker for years and have found it to be a very good place to play and find a game, although there are much more 40k than fantasy players. The staff are very nice and many veterans play there but this is a larger than my liking population of kids that frequent there but there the only problem in my opinion.

jaxom
14-05-2013, 20:41
There used to be a Fantasy community up at Ernie's Games in Woodinville but I think it all but died out when 8th came out. There is an effort to get Fantasy started back up out at Games and Gizmos in the Redmond area at Bellebottega but it's still trying to gather steam. We've had a few games going on Wednesday nights but it is far from a sure thing at this point.

Gupp
14-05-2013, 22:45
There's also Games and Gizmos, in Redmond.

Big Brother
15-05-2013, 02:28
I hit up the bellevue/factoria battle bunker. The staff is friendly and there are always plenty of tables. Not always easy to get a game just by dropping in, but you can always use their Facebook page, or ask the staff when people come in. I try to be there Weds nights when I can.

Kayosiv
15-05-2013, 04:01
There used to be a Fantasy community up at Ernie's Games in Woodinville but I think it all but died out when 8th came out. There is an effort to get Fantasy started back up out at Games and Gizmos in the Redmond area at Bellebottega but it's still trying to gather steam. We've had a few games going on Wednesday nights but it is far from a sure thing at this point.

I can confirm both of these. I played at Earnie's for about 1 year before 8th came out and over a few months all the regular players stopped playing Warhammer. I moved to Games & Gizmos but their Warhammer showing was fairly poor for the few weeks I tried to get a game in.

Ghazbad_Facestompa
16-05-2013, 02:58
At this point, the Auburn one is pretty good, though I've been in another state for the past few months, and therefore changes may have occurred.

Domandi
16-05-2013, 03:10
Thank you all. I will check out the bellevue store.

I know I won't get too many games in for a while. I have a 1 and a 3 year old, so getting out is tough. I am also not against 40k, I have a fledgeling Ork force. So I am not against building that up.

We will see what happens.