PDA

View Full Version : warhammer forge

dreadlord_darkwaters
11-05-2013, 21:55
recently ive seen warhammer forge coming out with lots of things for chaos and orks. has anyone heard about things for dark elves? and if someone is going to a forge world event with Q&A can they ask about that.

Rakariel
12-05-2013, 12:22
No info on stuff for DE sorry. Apart from the Merwyrm which you can use as a albino Pagowyrm (they live in the seas near Naggoroth) nothing has been announced. They said they will do all the Monsters from Monstrous Arcanum and I guess lots of models for the upcoming Blackfire Pass Book (Humans, Orcs and Dwarfs) first. But as usual there is no telling for sure what they come up with out of the blue.

dreadlord_darkwaters
12-05-2013, 17:46
thanks. from what I've read in the lore of dark elves it would be cool if GW or WF came out with rules for a Beastmaster character who could take control or allow you to buy monsters from monstrous arcana or storm of chaos being the beastmaster is a hero and monster is a rare. something like in a release book from WF for a character. that's my 2 cents.

Light of the Emperor
12-05-2013, 20:00
Unfortunately, Warhammer Forge material is being pushed back due to the popularity for the Horus Heresy stuff. :(

dreadlord_darkwaters
16-05-2013, 18:21
sucks. maybe next year will be warhammer

IcedCrow
16-05-2013, 18:23
this year there is supposed to be a battle for blackfire pass book (dwarves vs orcs and goblins) which is why you are seeing those models coming out. Forge World's primary money makers are 40k but this blackfire pass book is the second campaign book for fantasy that they will have released (the first being tamurkhan throne of chaos)

Danny76
16-05-2013, 19:23
this year there is supposed to be a battle for blackfire pass book (dwarves vs orcs and goblins) which is why you are seeing those models coming out. Forge World's primary money makers are 40k but this blackfire pass book is the second campaign book for fantasy that they will have released (the first being tamurkhan throne of chaos)

It has been pushed back unfortunately.
It was originally stated that there would be 3 separate teams working on each of the Heresy, 40k and Fantasy. But I guess the popularity of HH has taken its toll...

IcedCrow
16-05-2013, 19:38
that's a shame. oh well i guess.

Metacarpi
16-05-2013, 20:12
It's a shame, because there seems to be much more potential for the designers and sculptors in fantasy than churning out little differences in space marine armour or whatever they seem to do.

Danny76
16-05-2013, 20:32
I know, there have been some really great pieces from Warhammer Forge.
Clearly all three sub divisions would sell well, so it is a shame they can't 'afford' to make (whether in time or money) stuff for all three.
I like the Heresy stuff and the IA stuff (granted repetitive SM releases seem like they could all come out in one month when it is just different weapon and head and shoulder options), but some of the Forge stuff has been great.. Would love to see more sooner..

Rakariel
16-05-2013, 20:32
Still sells better however. But yes, its a damn shame.

dreadlord_darkwaters
17-05-2013, 19:09
sells better cause that's all they have been releasing lately

Danny76
17-05-2013, 19:30
sells better cause that's all they have been releasing lately

:D that's the truth

Urgat
17-05-2013, 19:52
The truth is that if GW sells more space marines than all the rest together, there's no reason it'd be any different for FW.