PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer tattoos

Fortheempire
12-05-2013, 21:12
Does anyone else have one or just me? Got a fist holding a gun with the numeral 2 above it with For The Emperor underneath.

Always wondered what anyone else had out there

Bobthemime
12-05-2013, 21:16
Im saving to either get a Ksons Ouroboros on the upper arm, or a small tzeentch reference on my ankle.

Fortheempire
12-05-2013, 21:29
That's pretty cool. Luckily a friend of mine did my one so it cost me very little. I want the "Last Chancers" done on my forearm but I was made redundant after getting it priced. Booooo

Bobthemime
12-05-2013, 21:31
My friend has a huge chaos star on his top right quarter of his back, draped from collar bone to spine, cost him 300.. looks pretty cool.. but will cost more for him to get it coloured in rust red.

Fortheempire
12-05-2013, 21:34
Yeah mine was just black with shading. Colour ones tend to fade faster in my experience.

Sadly mines on my right shoulder so I can't get a decent pic of it.

Bobthemime
12-05-2013, 21:38
My friend too homophobic to let me photo his back..

he thinks i will do malicious things to it.

Its odd he got a huge showy tattoo, but will never show it in fear he will be hit on..

He looks like Mike Jeffries, the CEO of A&F, without needing the surgery to make him look worse.

Image search him if you are brave.

Worldeaters
12-05-2013, 22:24
Warning, warning copyright infringement.
Games Workshop will hunt you down and peel the flesh from your body!

I've got the khorne logo at the top of my shoulder and its gonna be the beginning of a chaos themed black and white sleeve.

colonel kane trine
12-05-2013, 22:32
I have a skaven rune behind each ear,a chaos star,dark eldar warrior and im getting something necron soon

Fortheempire
12-05-2013, 23:06
Excuse my naivety with all things copyright but do GW get all ex wifey with that? If so, what tattoo?!

Bigglesworth
12-05-2013, 23:10
Excuse my naivety with all things copyright but do GW get all ex wifey with that? If so, what tattoo?!

I can't recall any specific case, though its been thrown about a bit lately. It may have been someone writing to GW to ask their permission and their legal team saying NO!.

Bobthemime
12-05-2013, 23:12
I can't recall any specific case, though its been thrown about a bit lately. It may have been someone writing to GW to ask their permission and their legal team saying NO!.

if you dont ask, they wont say no.. and i would love them to try and sue me for having a tattoo of an ouroboros removed.

Fortheempire
12-05-2013, 23:14
I'd have mine done over in that case. Have Hirohito put after Emperor and tell them to suck it

Bigglesworth
12-05-2013, 23:41
Its probably ok, as long as you use citadel paints ;)

JWhex
13-05-2013, 00:55
Try googling warhammer tatoo for some interesting results

This surely must have cost more than a couple of fantasy armies at full retail in Oz

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/9/8054/warhammer_back_piece_by_optimuspint.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.moddb.com/groups/orc-clan-and-orcs-fan-group/images/warhammer-tattoo-2-must-show&h=640&w=522&sz=122&tbnid=KhoUi3Dg3dSSpM:&tbnh=83&tbnw=68&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dwarhammer%2Btattoo%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo %3Du&zoom=1&q=warhammer+tattoo&usg=__82k1UGuxD4vqTegCLX1F7nmYKVM=&hl=en-US&sa=X&ei=NziQUdeYHJKc8wTx94HYDA&ved=0CBwQ9QEwAA

Anyway, I just dont get the whole tatoo thing, it kind of boggles my mind. I suppose it is because when I was growing up in a small midwestern town tatoos were not socially acceptable, whereas today they are widely accepted and dont have the negative connatations associated with them that they used to.

Marshal
13-05-2013, 01:06
I have a Templar cross on my left shoulder. Wasn't overly expensive to get done. This exact pic without the circle around it.

angelismortis
13-05-2013, 01:27
I have a crux terminatus tattoo on my arm.

fgsfds-
13-05-2013, 02:31
Its probably ok, as long as you use citadel paints ;)
Ahaha : D I told my partner I could tattoo the symbol of Slaanesh on my butt-cheek but he thought it would be more suitable to have it as a tramp stamp.

totgeboren
13-05-2013, 09:01
Having a warhammer tattoo is not copyright infringement, but the tattoo artist doing the ink is infringing, as they are making money of GW IP.

As it happens, the artist often do not even know about GW, but the reason why GW legal says no to tattoos is because they don't want other people making money of their IP.

talthar
13-05-2013, 10:04
Ahaha : D I told my partner I could tattoo the symbol of Slaanesh on my butt-cheek but he thought it would be more suitable to have it as a tramp stamp.
Funny!

I'd like to get the Aquila on my arm, with the Khadoran symbol on the other. But I'm diabetic so it may not be possible, and first and foremost I must get my Tinkerbell tattoo.

Brother Vaneb
13-05-2013, 12:22
Funny!

I'd like to get the Aquila on my arm, with the Khadoran symbol on the other. But I'm diabetic so it may not be possible, and first and foremost I must get my Tinkerbell tattoo.

My girlfriend is type 1 and she had a tattoo done no problem. And on her foot to boot which isn't the best spot for a diabetic.

superdupermatt
13-05-2013, 12:26
I've got my initials tattooed on my arm in Tau alphabet :D

Fortheempire
13-05-2013, 13:52
That's pretty cool. And would probably make quite a good ice breaker. Personally whenever someone sees my tattoo they always ask where I served. How many have fallen to my 152th Cadian Shock line haha

Krucifus
13-05-2013, 15:07
You've got 152th on your arm?

The Grammar-Nazi in me would end up tearing off my own skin...

Konovalev
13-05-2013, 15:48
Warning, warning copyright infringement.
Games Workshop will hunt you down and peel the flesh from your body!

Gene sequences can and have been copyright, so GW is the least of your worries. Imagine going to the doctors and seeing a genome usage charge because your ailment involved a sequence copyright by Big Medical Company Inc. More likely than you might think.

I knew a guy who got the Aquila tattooed to his shoulder, then sometime later went to enlist. He told me they sweat him for days about it because they thought he was a neo-nazi and that the aquila was a membership marker.

RagingHobo
13-05-2013, 16:12
I've always wanted either this full pic of snorri nosebiter or get the same snake tat he has down his arms.

http://i.imgur.com/3YTP7uK.jpg

Chapters Unwritten
13-05-2013, 16:49
I don't have one, but I want one.

I've always liked Wolves, and a when I came into the game I played Space Wolves, as I fell in love with their stories and concept. I'd like to get a wolf priest, probably.

I also think the skull die from my club www.evildice40k.com would make a good one.

My girlfriend is a tattoo enthusiast who has been all but forcing me too, hehe.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Chem-Dog
13-05-2013, 16:58
Having a warhammer tattoo is not copyright infringement, but the tattoo artist doing the ink is infringing, as they are making money of GW IP.

This depends largely on where you live, I think most people are covered by "fair use" or some equivalent, essentially you aren't making any money from exploiting the IP and the Artist is employed for talent, materials and time. The only real hazard for a Tattooist is if they advertise that they do IP specific tattoos (or brands or scarification, Chaos fans) or use Trademarks in their advertising.

Fortheempire
13-05-2013, 17:13
I should be pretty safe with for the Emperor then. And I don't have Cadian 152nd tattooed. Just realised I put th after my original post there as well. I just tell people that was my unit haha

Konovalev
13-05-2013, 17:45
I just tell people that was my unit haha
I don't know where you're located but I'd be careful who you told that to. I've seen people get beat for claiming to have been in the military when they weren't.

Bobthemime
13-05-2013, 18:48
I don't know where you're located but I'd be careful who you told that to. I've seen people get beat for claiming to have been in the military when they weren't.

Yep..almost been on the receiving end of that when someone asked me how i knew so much about the raf, and i told them i was with 2077 squadron in the ATC..

he thought i was disrepecting people who served because he had never heard of the ATC (he was american), was only after i barely said it was the air cadets did he let me out of the chokehold

Fortheempire
14-05-2013, 00:24
Don't worry about me boys, I met my current half after she came back to mine and found my IG handbook and the Black Ops medal I got with the limited edition. She read the book and asked me had I ever killed an Elder before. She thought it was old people haha

Fortheempire
14-05-2013, 00:25

Also I'm from a military family but thanks for the caution. Appreciated

Plague Lord
14-05-2013, 01:16

Well that's pretty dumb

infamousme
16-05-2013, 15:42
I grew up next to the largest marine base in the u.s.a and i can attest that this is true(the getting beat up for pretending part).... Whats worse is when you dont wear your uniform correctly and are in the military, they'll get all nuts about that as well.

gwarsh41
17-05-2013, 20:46
You've got 152th on your arm?

The Grammar-Nazi in me would end up tearing off my own skin...

The one hundred fifty tooth!

CommanderLewis
17-05-2013, 21:06
Wow! A 2 page thread on tattoos, and still not a single post with a picture of a warhammer related tattoo :)

Come on people, lets see some ink!

Magister
17-05-2013, 21:35
I have the Crimson Fist emblem on my neck. However it's nothing like the GW one... :angel:

Aryllon
17-05-2013, 21:54
Funny you should mention it, I'm planning a Void Dragons emblem to go on my left calf.

I've been living in Norway for almost 2 years & soon moving to Asia, wanted a tattoo that somehow had links to both cultures. I also wanted a tattoo that reflected my hobby interest to those who knew, but had further meaning for those who didn't. Plus I have a trip to see wild Komodo Dragons booked and wanted to mark it somehow. So all birds, one stone.

Beating someone for pretending to be in the military? One of the stupidest things I ever heard.

Menthak
17-05-2013, 22:32
Funny you should mention it, I'm planning a Void Dragons emblem to go on my left calf.

I've been living in Norway for almost 2 years & soon moving to Asia, wanted a tattoo that somehow had links to both cultures. I also wanted a tattoo that reflected my hobby interest to those who knew, but had further meaning for those who didn't. Plus I have a trip to see wild Komodo Dragons booked and wanted to mark it somehow. So all birds, one stone.

Beating someone for pretending to be in the military? One of the stupidest things I ever heard.

Some people are stupid, it happens. I'd want to have one day a 5th Company Raptors symbol

Bobthemime
17-05-2013, 23:43

Give a man a licence and training to kill people, see their friends killed in front of them and enough of a button to push and they will go OTT to prove a point.. even if its seriously harming/killing someone.. they feel it is justified when they are forced to toss salads for the rest of their days.

Fortheempire
19-05-2013, 00:41
Wow! A 2 page thread on tattoos, and still not a single post with a picture of a warhammer related tattoo :)

Come on people, lets see some ink!

As soon as I can get someone to snap it (its on my back) I will!