PDA

View Full Version : What did Angron's armour look like prior/during to the Horus Heresy?

sigur
13-05-2013, 11:33
Hey guys, I'm about to start painting the FW Angron. I don't read the HH series novels and am a bit oblivious to most things published about the HH apart from what GW published themselves. Most pictures I see of the model painted is either all gold or the red armour. Is there anything that dictates that or would his armour be more like his legion's colours?

Thanks!

baphomael
13-05-2013, 12:02
Well, the FW scheme and art has him in purely gold armour, and the artwork in Collected Visions likewise depicts gold armour.

bittick
13-05-2013, 12:24
Probably something like this:

totgeboren
13-05-2013, 13:25
In Butchers Nails, Lorgar tells him he should just paint it red because he was covered in blood, and I think it was white to begin with, but I'm not sure.
I remember it being described as looking like something belonging to a feral world a few times, but colour-wise I'm not sure.

Polaria
13-05-2013, 14:23
It was gold, but he didn't maintain it very well, so much of the time it was covered with patches of old, dried blood. Thus the Lorgars comment.

A Shadow
13-05-2013, 22:26
In Betrayer it says it's bronze, crafted to resemble a primitive gladiators armour

sigur
13-05-2013, 22:59
Alright, thanks guys. I guess I'll go for what's in the books then. :) WIPs should pop up shortly in my Sci-Fi Painting Log if you're interested.

The Anarchist
13-05-2013, 23:05
it often said to be brass and bronze and I belive often said he has bare arms with his blades chained to them too, in the gladatorial manner. Also can't think of him ever having been described as having a helm, though he must have done so as at various points surely it would have been needed?