PDA

View Full Version : Vampirecounts 2250 No vampire!

Juicy21
13-05-2013, 14:13
Hi Warseer.

I am a bit of a vampirecounts noob so i would love some feedback on this list.

The formation how i would love to deploy this list is something in the line of this

[terrorgheist] [zombiebunker][corpseguard] [zombiebunker] [terrorgheist]
[dogs] [skellie bunker] [graveguard] [skellie bunker] [dogs]

Lords & Heroes

Master Necromancer lv4 Lore of death

Necromancer lv 2 Lore of vamps
Dispelscroll

Necromancer lv 2 Lore of vamps
Master of the dead

Wightking bsb + gw

Core Units (571)

28 Zombies
(2 x lv 2 in here)

19 zombies
(lv 4 in here)

35 skellies hw+shield (fullcommand)
35 skellies hw+shield (Fullcommand)

5 dogs
5dogs

Special units (668)

Corpse cart +unholy lodestone
39 Graveguard (Fullcomand)+ Banner of burrows

Rare units(450)

Terrorgheist
Terrorgheist

1. How you guys think this wil work?
2. Do i need faster units? or do i need more chaff?
3. is this list cheese?
4. Do i have fun playing this list and do my oppenents have fun aswel?
5. Can i win tournements playing with a list with this?

Cheers Juicy
(sorry for my bad English)

Zoolander
13-05-2013, 17:06
Its interesting to see non-vampire lists and they are interesting to play at first but very quickly I think you will dump the idea and take a vampire. But here are some thoughts on the rest of your list:

* Terrorgheists are very vulnerable to warmachines, and well, shooting in general. So be careful with them. Personally I like the vargulf better as he is more resilient and ignored more often. You stick a giant bat on the table and it will get shot. A medium bat can hide easier. If you must field one (because you love the model or whatever), stick with one. Two is an uncessary point sink. The name of the game is variety. The more various troops you take, the better you can react to situations.A unit of ethereal ghosts would help more than a second gheist.

* Your general must use the lore of vampires.

* Why would you stick your characters in zombie units, especially your general in the smallest one? Stick them in the skellie units. The champions can accept challenges from evil chaos lords, saving their butts. Though technically they can just refuse a challenge. Still, the skellies with offer a better combat rez the zombies don't provide anything the skellies don't.

*Some of your units are pretty small. If those were saurus warriors or chaos warriors they might be fine. But you have to figure that any core unit that doesn't have a vampire in it will lose combat by a lot on average, meaning you will need large numbers to absorb CR crumbling. I usually start with 2x 30 zombies and 1x 30-40 ghouls or skellies.

*I would probably combine the dogs into one unit. Better at absorbing shooting.

*The GG are perfect. I would run them horde.

The list isn't cheesey or OP at all. With this list and no vampire dont expect to be super competitive. I would only say you need more muscle. Drop a terrorgheist and get something else. Looks good otherwise.

woodster17
13-05-2013, 17:25
Firstly, you can have fun playing any list! It's your army, do whatever you like.

On to the army:

1. Love the Wight King/GG unit. Run as a horde.
2. Necromancers provide a nice twist but looking at your list I struggle to see more than a couple of units (TG's, GG's) that can actually kill anything. That's 2250 points of army in which only a small amount can knock off the enemy. What do you hope to achieve with both zombies/skellies? IMO you only need a couple of those units max, whether zombies or skellies to bunker the necros. Get rid of the rest and take something which can dole out some damage. Whether's that is ghouls/crypt horrors/vargheists/varghulf or even some vamps take something with a little more bite (ha!). What happens if your TG's take a cannon to the head early? The opponent can avoid your GG horde to the best of his ability and pick you off pretty easily.

Suggestions:
1. Echo what Zoolander said, take some ghosts. I enjoy Hexwraiths and they do a pretty decent job, particularly in lists which lack a lot of magic.
2. Vargheists/Varghulf over Terrorgheist for me.
3. I won't recommend that you dump the necros, it's a fun fluff led list. You may be tempted by a vamp down the line but do remember that the general MUST take LoV as standard. Lore of Death can of course be taken by your level 2's if you like.
4. Bump up the size of the zombies or skellies depending upon your preference, cut the number of those units down, bunker your characters in those units and possible take more variety across the board as a result?
5. Small units of Wolves do very little, combine then or upgrade to something with better damage output.
6. Finally, I know it's an effort to paint and an investment but considering you like necros, have you considered a Mortis Engine? It'll certainly help you tactically with this list and provides a nice centrepiece for your necro army.

Enjoy though, the Dead are great fun to play with.

MrScobie
13-05-2013, 20:29
zombies minimum is 20 sorry thats the only gripe xD

Ullis
14-05-2013, 12:28
I like this list even with the two Terrorgheists (that is kind of getting old). I think the Wight King is an underused option - a three attack, three wound hero choice with killing blow, all for 85pts!

Moss
14-05-2013, 12:38
I don't think the wight king is necessary - if 40 gg can't kill something, three more attacks probably won't make a difference.

Holding a unit up with skeletons and screaming them to death is a legit option. You'll do well against some armies and struggle against others - but that can be said about a lot of lists. I will suggest taking motd on your lvl 4 as well, just to make sure those skeletons can hold as long as possible.

5-strong units of dogs is fine - they're throwaway units. i suggest picking up some spirit hosts, maybe by swapping out the cart - you don't have many things worth giving asf to anyway. i know that's not really the point, but it seems too expensive for just the lodestone.

Maybe swap the cart and wight for some vargheists to help kill war machines/keep the tgs alive.

KingFerret
14-05-2013, 22:57
Strongly disagree with some of the above posters, terrorgheists are probably the best option in the book and I always take two when playing competitively. Admittedly this may change depending on the amount of shooting in your meta, but in my group there are plenty of armies that have little or no shooting and loads of juicy expensive units for my terrorgheists to scream off the board :D

Ullis
15-05-2013, 11:51
Strongly disagree with some of the above posters, terrorgheists are probably the best option in the book and I always take two when playing competitively. Admittedly this may change depending on the amount of shooting in your meta, but in my group there are plenty of armies that have little or no shooting and loads of juicy expensive units for my terrorgheists to scream off the board :D

You must have misread my post mate. I did not say that Terrorgheists are not competitive, I inferred that the two TG list is sickening. If you are playing in a tournament, by all means roll out the filth, but if you want to keep your gaming friends, it might be an idea to rest one of the TGs once in a while and try something a little more fun ;)

Juicy21
15-05-2013, 12:04
Thanks guys for the comments.

I could swap out the bsb for 2 ethereal spirit hosts? ( this is strongly adviced in my game group.)

I want to stick with the non vampire theme.

Do you guys think i got enough punsh?

I got some spare points to make those zombies 20 np
These zombies aint seeing combat tho there behind the skellie bunkers and i try to summon more of them very fast!
How you guys feel about the unholy loadstone? is it worth it?

Ullis My friends think double terrorgheist isnt cheesy as long as i dont take a blender lord aswel.. How you feel about this?

Ullis
15-05-2013, 12:33
Ullis My friends think double terrorgheist isnt cheesy as long as i dont take a blender lord aswel.. How you feel about this?

That is a different story mate. Anything is fair game if you opponents have no issue with it! As long as you are all having fun, there is no problem :)

I think the Unholy Lodestone is a good investment, mate.

KingFerret
16-05-2013, 23:03
You must have misread my post mate. I did not say that Terrorgheists are not competitive, I inferred that the two TG list is sickening. If you are playing in a tournament, by all means roll out the filth, but if you want to keep your gaming friends, it might be an idea to rest one of the TGs once in a while and try something a little more fun ;)
My mistake, I did indeed misread the post. In my gaming group we enjoy trying to out-cheese each other and come up with the filthiest possible lists to fight each other. That's just the way we've always enjoying doing it, so sometimes I forget that there seems to be this big fight/debate on warseer about losing friends because of cheesiness.

I understand this may be a slightly misguided/misinformed opinion, but whenever I see people saying nobody will play you if you do this, or you'll lose your gaming friends if you do that I just think well only if those people are whiny little cry babies... Yeah I think I can be a little intolerant/intolerable sometimes... I guess i just feel like what's the point in playing competitive if you aren't playing competitive...you know? Like either go all to out do your best to beat your opponent using the rules system, or just make up your own rules and fight the battle in a way that suits a particular story you want to tell etc.

Ullis
16-05-2013, 23:59
My mistake, I did indeed misread the post. In my gaming group we enjoy trying to out-cheese each other and come up with the filthiest possible lists to fight each other. That's just the way we've always enjoying doing it, so sometimes I forget that there seems to be this big fight/debate on warseer about losing friends because of cheesiness.

I understand this may be a slightly misguided/misinformed opinion, but whenever I see people saying nobody will play you if you do this, or you'll lose your gaming friends if you do that I just think well only if those people are whiny little cry babies... Yeah I think I can be a little intolerant/intolerable sometimes... I guess i just feel like what's the point in playing competitive if you aren't playing competitive...you know? Like either go all to out do your best to beat your opponent using the rules system, or just make up your own rules and fight the battle in a way that suits a particular story you want to tell etc.

"All is fair in love and wargaming...as long as you are all on the same page". I do not agree with your reductionist take on the hobby, but as long as you play the same guys all the time and you are all out to win, there is no issue. Every gaming group is different and want different things from the hobby :)

Moss
17-05-2013, 00:35
One more thing: if you insist on using the corpse cart, I would deploy it in front of your line, not the rear. Since it cannot march, it needs as much of a head start as it can get.