PDA

View Full Version : Throgg with ogres?

Hudson Gameover
13-05-2013, 21:38
Has anyone run Throgg in a big unit of ogres? If so how did it perform? Do you think its a good way to go?

I'm thinking Throgg in a unit of 7 nurgle ogres with GW and full command might be a hell of a hammer unit that can take on the skullcrush/mourn/demichicks and Stanks.

Not to costly and Throgg can always leave the unit if you want to hold up a unit or take on a deamon prince or stank.

I love the sound of this unit on paper but would it work?

datalink7
13-05-2013, 23:04
It would be a great hammer. There's one problem with this unit though. It's that 7 trolls with Throgg is both cheaper AND better.

popisdead
13-05-2013, 23:14
I used to run 4-wide Ogres I my Beastmen during 6th Ed.

Looking for more old campy 6th Ed Ch.ogres to do it again.

My understanding is Chaos Ogres with HA and GWs is cheaper than Iron Guts?

datalink7
13-05-2013, 23:18
I used to run 4-wide Ogres I my Beastmen during 6th Ed.

Looking for more old campy 6th Ed Ch.ogres to do it again.

My understanding is Chaos Ogres with HA and GWs is cheaper than Iron Guts?

They are marginally cheaper (2 points less a model) if you don't mark them.

Only advantage that Ogres have outside of Trolls is that they can operate outside of the Generals leadership bubble. So, if you're taking Throgg, there's no reason to take Ogres. If you don't have Throgg, I can see trying out some Ogre's as a flanking unit.

abdulaapocolyps
14-05-2013, 12:19
If your trying ogres, and I know everyone will shoot this down, but AHW and MoK make the brutal.I run 7 3 wide with one for wounds and they are devastating, especially against infantry.

popisdead
21-05-2013, 19:41
You mark them frenzy then limit the amount of models who can benefit from the rule? What about just 5 one line-wide then?