PDA

View Full Version : Undead restore wounds and unit size.

Ruront
14-05-2013, 08:46
I have a question about the restoring wounds on a undead unit

As you know undead can restore wounds with spells on a unit. In this case the game started with a unit of three vargheists three wide. During shooting they were reduced to two vargheists two wide. In the next turn some spell restored wounds on the unit of vargheists . Is the undead allowed to increase his basesize to three or does he have to put the newly restored vargheist in the second rank ?

Artiee
14-05-2013, 12:40
Vargheist example is not the best example to use since they are vampires they only get one wound back. But yes, if they only have front rank, they can continue the front rank as much as possible if room allows it. Once second rank started models rez can only go to the front rank size and then next rank is started.

Dazwakka
16-05-2013, 19:59
Relating to this, when healing multi wound models I.e Crypt Ghasts how do extra wounds carry over. Say I had five ghasts reduced to three all on full wounds and I heal 5 wounds do I revive just the one and loose the additional two wounds or do I get a second guast with two wounds ?

Artiee
16-05-2013, 20:46
You 1st fill the remaining wounds then with the remaining wounds left you bring back a model and fill the wounds as much as possible. So 5 ghasts reduced to 3 (with full wounds). You bring back 2, 1 with full wound and 2nd with 2 wounds.

(long way) you restore 5 wounds so bring back 1 model and fill the wounds, (2 wounds left) bring back another one, then fill the wounds.

T10
18-05-2013, 11:13
I have a question about the restoring wounds on a undead unit

As you know undead can restore wounds with spells on a unit. In this case the game started with a unit of three vargheists three wide. During shooting they were reduced to two vargheists two wide. In the next turn some spell restored wounds on the unit of vargheists . Is the undead allowed to increase his basesize to three or does he have to put the newly restored vargheist in the second rank ?

Hi. In this case you must first increase the width of the unit to 3 models. Once this is done any further models can be added to increase the width, or start a new rank. When adding models to a unit with more than one rank you add the models to the rear: You don't get to increase the width further.

Also note that it is quite possible for the unit to get boxed in so that it is impossible to add models. A unit of zombies reduced to a single model that is flanked on both sides is pretty much a lost cause: You can't increase the width to the minimum number of models without displacing enemy units (which is not allowed), and you can't add models to the rear rank withouth first increasing the width of the unit. Good thing Invocation of Nehek affects multiple units this time around...

Ruront
21-05-2013, 09:44
Thanks for the answers