PDA

View Full Version : Ogre kingdoms 3k Army (for a blog)

Yanos666
14-05-2013, 13:53
Hi, ok, so I am collecting my 2nd WHFB army along with a friend of mine and we're doing it as challenges in a blog called "Construction of destruction" its a whole "tale of gamers" thing.

I am going to be picking Ogres for my army (officially we pick tomorrow but i'll be loosing my internet for a week after today so thought i best get on with it!)

The list i'm going for is more "shooty" than a standard list.

But being completely new to ogres and having never played aginst them any help with what to pick would be great - though i intend to theme the army one of 2 ways

1) go for a northern tribe and an icey feel - lots of sabretooths and thundertusks

2) go for a crazy eccentric ogre tyrant thinks he's karl franz and have loads more guns than my existing list (a medium) and also more gnoblars (his peons)

The medium list is as follows

Lord
Ogre Tyrant (Brutus Giantbreaker)

Giantbreaker BIG name

Thunder mace

Dragon helm

2sword gnoblars+1 luck gnoblar

brace of hand guns

heavy armour

Lord
butcher

3 tooth gnoblars1 luck gnoblar

dispel scroll

Hero
Firebelly

Hero
Bruiser Battle standard

Core
10Bulls w/ Ironfists & FCG + look Gnoblar

Core
5 Ironguts

Core
40 Gnoblar + Groinbiter

Special
3 Leadbelchers

Special
3 Leadbelchers

Special
3 Leadbelchers

Special
3 Mournfangs

Special
3 Yhetee's w/ Greyback

Rare
Scraplauncher

Rare
Gorger

Rare
Thundertusk

Rare
Ironblaster

Thanks for your help :)

Blitzgundam
15-05-2013, 01:53
Hi, ok, so I am collecting my 2nd WHFB army along with a friend of mine and we're doing it as challenges in a blog called "Construction of destruction" its a whole "tale of gamers" thing.

I am going to be picking Ogres for my army (officially we pick tomorrow but i'll be loosing my internet for a week after today so thought i best get on with it!)

The list i'm going for is more "shooty" than a standard list.

But being completely new to ogres and having never played aginst them any help with what to pick would be great - though i intend to theme the army one of 2 ways

1) go for a northern tribe and an icey feel - lots of sabretooths and thundertusks

2) go for a crazy eccentric ogre tyrant thinks he's karl franz and have loads more guns than my existing list (a medium) and also more gnoblars (his peons)

The medium list is as follows

Lord
Ogre Tyrant (Brutus Giantbreaker)

Giantbreaker BIG name

Thunder mace

Dragon helm

2sword gnoblars+1 luck gnoblar

brace of hand guns

heavy armour

Lord
butcher

3 tooth gnoblars1 luck gnoblar

dispel scroll

Hero
Firebelly

Hero
Bruiser Battle standard

Core
10Bulls w/ Ironfists & FCG + look Gnoblar

Core
5 Ironguts

Core
40 Gnoblar + Groinbiter

Special
3 Leadbelchers

Special
3 Leadbelchers

Special
3 Leadbelchers

Special
3 Mournfangs

Special
3 Yhetee's w/ Greyback

Rare
Scraplauncher

Rare
Gorger

Rare
Thundertusk

Rare
Ironblaster

Thanks for your help :)

Are you using the older book? It seems as though you may be, since characters no longer take gnoblars, with exception of Look Out gnoblars on the Standard Bearers.

You seem to have some odd unit totals here. I can tell you most people run Leadbelchers in units of 4.

Not sure how you plan on running 10 bulls.....5x2? If so, drop it to 9 and go 3x3, it helps the Ogre Charge strength.

Gnoblars are not worth it, for any reason. If you need chaff, stick to Sabertusks. They act as awesome re-directors and can stand in combat vs. most chaff.

I also find Yhetee's and the Scraplauncher to be trash. The 3 Mournfang are excellent. Add an extra one with saved points.

If you want, I can post a sample of what I would do.

Yanos666
15-05-2013, 09:28
Hi - yes I am using the old book I'll be buying the new one today. Points wise stuff not in the new book I had to use totals from a battle report in old white dwarf issue.

Leadbelchers in 4's is fine I ordered 4 off ebay last night to start my collection I'll probably go with 3 unit of 4. Thanks for the advice and yeh I'd like to see the kind of list you would use :)

Althought I'll almost certainly include a Gnoblar unit just because I have a lot of ideas for making mini-diorama's in the unit.

Is taking 2 Ironblasters worth considering?

Thanks