PDA

View Full Version : 2000 PTS high elves

lector#1
14-05-2013, 16:16
Hey guys I've been out of it for a while and I like the look of the new high elves and have a conversion in mind for eltharion so I was wondering if I could make a decent list around him needs work any help is appreciated

Eltharion on stormwing lore of beasts

Mage
Level 2, dispel scroll lore of life

15 ellerian reavers
Bows, standard, musician

2x 10 archers

28 sword masters
Full command

7 shadow warriors
Shadow walker with reaver bow

2 eagle claw bolt throwers

2 great eagles

Leaves me with 93 points maybe cut something to make room for another hero??

But basic idea is eagles and eltharion go hunt the dangerous units

Sword masters hunt down anything they want really

And the rest of the army just thins out units with characters in them so eltharion or the sword masters can go in and wipe the out easier

Any help would be great

naloth
14-05-2013, 16:46
I'm curious to hear how the Reavers work out for you. I haven't really tried them yet under this edition.

I'd go White Lions instead of Swordmasters. You're giving up a few attacks, a point of WS, and a 6+ shooting ward but gaining +1S, forest strider, stubborn, and a better save against missile weapons. I'd also give them a magic banner - either Swiftness or Flaming.

Your army could really use a BSB if you can fit one in.

lector#1
14-05-2013, 17:03
The reason I'm using sword masters is they fit in with eltharion the white lions don't I want to make it a decent list while trying to be some what fluffy

Nightmare84
14-05-2013, 17:07
I understand the fluff side for swordmasters but I think 28 is looking like a juicy target. Maybe try and find room for few more and split them..

lector#1
14-05-2013, 17:11
2 units of 14 7x2 could work just trying to figure out what I can cut out to put a bsb in

Elyeva
14-05-2013, 17:50
Do Ellyrion Reavers have a banner option? I doubt it...

Never thought of splitting the reavers up in 2 or 3 units? Five with a musician works fine in my opinion. They are troubleshooters (I love them personally very much!) and have to be flexible imo. When you want to have cavalry in an other role you should consider to field Silver Helms.

Elyeva
15-05-2013, 08:45
Correction: they indeed have a banner option in the new AB. It sounds great, although I still prefer 5 or 6 with musician.

lector#1
15-05-2013, 11:32
Ok I reworked the list I think this is more threatening especially with so many flyers

Eltharion on stormwing( lore of beasts)

Mage
Level 2, dispell scroll (lore of life)

Noble
Bsb, banner of eternal flame, dragon armour, shield
( joins SM)

6 ellyrian reavers
Musician, spears and bows

6 ellyrian reavers

20 lothern sea guard
Full command , shields

17 sword masters
Full command

7 shadow warriors
Shadow walker with reaver bow

4 great eagles

I was thinking maybe take out an eagle or the bolt throwers to make a unit of dragon princes what you think??

Juicy21
15-05-2013, 14:14
A noble on griffon/eagle can be nice to your theme and gives you a bit more hitting power.
I like the reavers and the shadowwarriors!

naloth
15-05-2013, 14:17
You can't take four separate eagles at this value. You're only allowed to double up on the same rare choice at this value. You could field them as two units of 2 if you like or ditch two for a Skycutter.

Is there a reason why you took the Flaming Banner on your BSB? If your intent is for it to remain with the SMs, I would just take it for them directly and free up the BSB to take magic items. Right now your BSB is pretty squishy (4+ AS, T3, no special weapon) and it looks like you're putting him on the front lines.

I'm not sure exactly what you intend to do with your mage. Lacking protection, he's not suited to be in either combat block and you don't have a good bunker for him. I suppose you could keep the Seaguard back and just use them as shooters? Also, Life is an odd choice. It's not a bad lore but usually you need enough slots to get Throne of Vines working and the lore attribute isn't going help many models in your army. I'd probably go High Magic, Metal, or Shadow instead.

lector#1
15-05-2013, 14:27
Ok I was thinking of taking out the bolt throwers and 2 eagles and putting in a frost heart pheonix to accompany / draw attention from eltharion.... I'm just used to lore of life on my mages but lore of metal sounds like a good idea and the reason why the bsb is squishy is because I just squeezed him in but I could remove the bsb stat and put him on a griffin with a lance but then I would have to chop out more things maybe loose the Mage all together??

Elyeva
15-05-2013, 14:39
@naloth: For a mage in the new edition I suggest High Magic or Shadow, supported by Beasts (singature spell t4) or death (sniper).

Maybe you can spend some more points at your seaguard to make them work? A unit of 30 offers more stability to be steadfast while they could have more ranks that way. In the first round CC you want to survive to flank in the second. It is not a bad option to replace them for spearmen instead to get more bodies because you already have a lot of shooting.

lector#1
16-05-2013, 13:55
Ok redone the list again what do you think now??

Eltharion on stormwing

Noble
Star lance , dragon armour, shield
Eagle swift sense

Mage
Level 2 dispell scroll

6 ellyrian reavers

6 ellyrian reavers

30 spearmen
Full command

18 swordmasters
Full command

Frost heart pheonix

Ok so eltharion as normal but now has a noble or a frost heart to flank charge anything he charges or war machine hunt

The rest of the army is pretty straight forward

Elyeva
16-05-2013, 16:39
More balanced i think.

thrawn
16-05-2013, 21:39
make reaver knights just 5, they're trouble shooters and you should not expect more from then than that.

make your noble a BSB and take the reaver bow with potion of S, giving you for one turn 3 S8 shots.

take lore of shadows. withering/okkams works really well with high elves.

lector#1
17-05-2013, 01:03
What banner should I give the bsb??