PDA

View Full Version : Leadbelcher or ironbreaker

flying land raider
14-05-2013, 15:55
Hello everyone I'm a little bit stuck on what paint I should use for bolters. If anyone can give any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Theocracity
14-05-2013, 16:05
I like leadbelcher for the most part, but find that its a bit dark sometimes. It does well with a brighter, more silvery highlight.

Luffwaffle
14-05-2013, 16:40
Didn't Leadbelcher use to be called boltgun metal? If so, that's your answer.

Tae
14-05-2013, 16:54
Didn't Leadbelcher use to be called boltgun metal? If so, that's your answer.

Yep:

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2320032a_Citadel_Conversion_Chart

Theocracity
14-05-2013, 17:14
I've found that leadbelcher is darker than bolt gun, though. It still works but the comparison isn't exact.

NurglesRot
15-05-2013, 02:07
Use both. Leadbelcher base, wash with Nuln Oil and then highlight with ironbreaker.

ehlijen
15-05-2013, 02:46
It depends on what the rest of you model looks like. If it's mostly darker colours, a brighter metal can make it visually more interesting. If it's mostly brighter colours, darker metal adds details the eye can hook on to to give it outline. If you already have good balance of bright and dark, go for whichever you think looks better.

Valorel
15-05-2013, 06:04
I've found that leadbelcher is darker than bolt gun, though. It still works but the comparison isn't exact.

I'm with theocracity, leadbelcher is darkern and it's obvious if you put them next to each other. Ironbreaker is brighter though, so there's no real equivalent to boltgun metal

Cheexsta
15-05-2013, 09:01
Ironbreaker is also a Layer colour, which means it doesn't have as much pigment, making it worse for covering over black.

I'm the same as NurglesRot - I use Leadbelcher as a base colour (sometimes takes two coats to get a clean coverage), shade it with Nuln Oil, and then highlight/drybrush with Ironbreaker. Gives metals some great depth :)