PDA

View Full Version : Empire vs skaven 2k list

Ben81
14-05-2013, 21:12
Hey guys, I've got another 2000pt game against skaven next week and was after some tips. I know my opponent will be fielding a doom wheel, wlc, large unit of clan rats probably with the screaming bell and an assassin and then lots of chaff. My current planned list is 42 halberdiers inc arch lector, Bsb and witch hunter, detach of 20 swordsmen and 10 crossbowmen, stank, 2 x hell blasters inc engineers, 6 pistoliers, 5 IC knights, and a lev 4 life wizard. Tactically I'm looking to clear his chaff inc the wlc and doom wheel with the artillery, pistoliers, crossbows and knights, then pin his clan rats with either the halberdiers or stank and flank him with the non pinning unit. I have to admit the screaming bell is an unknown element for me? Any thoughts?

The French Guy
15-05-2013, 09:24
Hmm, small and grey on black...
Without any paragraph...

You should make it clearer for people to read and comment. :)
Hope it helps!

Ullis
15-05-2013, 11:44
Hey guys, I've got another 2000pt game against skaven next week and was after some tips. I know my opponent will be fielding a doom wheel, wlc, large unit of clan rats probably with the screaming bell and an assassin and then lots of chaff. My current planned list is 42 halberdiers inc arch lector, Bsb and witch hunter, detach of 20 swordsmen and 10 crossbowmen, stank, 2 x hell blasters inc engineers, 6 pistoliers, 5 IC knights, and a lev 4 life wizard. Tactically I'm looking to clear his chaff inc the wlc and doom wheel with the artillery, pistoliers, crossbows and knights, then pin his clan rats with either the halberdiers or stank and flank him with the non pinning unit. I have to admit the screaming bell is an unknown element for me? Any thoughts?

Are you bringing the Lore of Life purely to heal your Steam Tank? I would suggest taking a different lore as I do not think Life is very useful, unless you manage to keep Throne of Vines up. As you do not have an units that are adept at breaking steadfast, I would suggest a more aggressive lore in order to whittle down his big blocks before engaging - relying on rolling up The Dwellers Below is not wise imo.

I would also maybe try to squeeze in a Great Cannon to deal with the Doomwheel.

Ben81
15-05-2013, 13:52
Is this any better? Not sure why it's grey!?
]Hey guys, I've got another 2000pt game against skaven next week and was after some tips. I know my opponent will be fielding a doom wheel, wlc, large unit of clan rats probably with the screaming bell and an assassin and then lots of chaff. My current planned list is 42 halberdiers inc arch lector, Bsb and witch hunter, detach of 20 swordsmen and 10 crossbowmen, stank, 2 x hell blasters inc engineers, 6 pistoliers, 5 IC knights, and a lev 4 life wizard. Tactically I'm looking to clear his chaff inc the wlc and doom wheel with the artillery, pistoliers, crossbows and knights, then pin his clan rats with either the halberdiers or stank and flank him with the non pinning unit. I have to admit the screaming bell is an unknown element for me? Any thoughts?

Elyeva
15-05-2013, 15:33
Does Empire have acces to Lore of Death? In that case maybe an idea to lower their leadership even more and cause panic tests? Skaven are vurnerable to it...

Just an idea :)

Bigman
15-05-2013, 15:39
I echo the lore choice. Maybe light / shadow / death can be useful here.

You will need a great cannon.

The French Guy
15-05-2013, 15:47
As a skaven player, I really hate empire warmachines, a couple of cannons would really do wonders.
Try to get as many ways to snipe his characters as you can.